Tell us what Base items you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Riger Well-Known Player

What about misty air? Like in the Metropolis Battleground or OMAC questing zone? Something that makes the air colored or changes it a bit. My roommate is almost obsessed with Larfleeze, and I like the Star Sapphires. There are mist canisters, so why not mist air?

Maybe an underwater base? With water coming out soon, I could see an aquarium type selling. Maybe have a few of the walls transparent with water and fish in it. So you know you're underwater.
  2. Jason Rage Active Player

If you gonna do people, then how about having a Guardian show up and offer you a Green Lantern ring?
    [IMG]
  3. TheDrone Well-Known Player

I would have loved an Imperial Eagle (****-theme) to go with the Age of Justice ****-themed base items.

A massive base item that replaces an entire wall with a window. Like the various smaller windows that already exist, such as Icy Window - Village. Preferably, this wouldn't be a completely pre-determined view. You could have a dozen or so views. When you place the base item, you'd choose which view. Choices could be things like: Arkham Asylum, Titanic Trenton walking back and forth on the sidewalk, cityscape with Mogo/Ranx in the background firing at the city, etc.
    • Like x 1
  4. Clawed Active Player

Base size versions of Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman statues like the watch tower has. Could also add other statues of iconic heroes.
    • Like x 1
  5. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Spear of destiny.
    • Like x 3
  6. Drew Ludwig New Player

I will keep posting this until is happens WE NEED CHARGING BATTERYS FOR OUR HALLS the oan charging battery is nice but to small and you took them away so nobody has 1 so please bring those back to but we need base sized versions for our league halls and colors need to fit the members its crazy to have just the one battery YOU MAKE IT 25MIL IN THE BROKER and only put 1 in there its crazy please guys we need them RED YELLOW PINK BLUE GREEN BLACK WHITE ORANGE you dont understand how vital and NEEDED these are they would make the league halls matter they could change everything and crystals in large and small sizes for green orange blue and purple you guys must have thought we could use the green crystal formation forever and blue crystal samples come on thats crazy we need the crystals AND MORE THEY 80 ITEMS PER ROOM FOR HALLS! thank you AND PLEASE HELP US OUT ON THE OAN CHARGING BATTERY PROBLEM WE NEED THEM BACK!
  7. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Pink? You mean Violet?
  8. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I want a poker table and slot machines to go with the roulette and craps tables.
  9. Ascended Well-Known Player

That's a cool idea.

Why not other iconic, epic weapons? Maybe something like the Replica Urgrund Weapons Rack but all batarangs and grappling hooks from the Batcave, or Wonder Woman's golden lasso.

The Helmet of Fate. Eclipso's black diamond. Frankenstein's giant pistol. Joker's Hawaiian shirt. Superman's torn cape (from when he died). In a respectful glass case, of course.
    • Like x 3
  10. foxhound008 New Player

I would like to put down more then just 6 amenity base items. I bought all the amenity base items off the market place, but I could only put down 6. Whats up with that? I want to put down , my respect station, bank, mailbox, broker, etc. I want to put them all down. Please make this happen. thank you.
  11. recoil Committed Player

free standing portals and an ability to put themed patches on the ceiling would be nice. themes like aurora borealis, void, grey skies, sunsets,and clear skies with clouds would be neat
    • Like x 2
  12. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

-A stuatue of myself, i mean...a statue of the player (well if there is one of me i won't complain hahah).
    -Pipes that leaks.
    -Change all the floor, and that it appears flooded, or with lava, etc.
  13. Dene Devoted Player

omg GREAT Idea

A sort of skin for the floors and/or walls - like ice.. water.. lava.. grass etc
    • Like x 1
  14. Dene Devoted Player

I think id faint if we could have a WW lasso base item lol - let alone style lol
  15. MastaMind Dedicated Player

And I noticed that quite a few liked the spear of destiny idea. I was beyond shocked to see that it was not incorporated in the slightest even though we clearly get to view it in War Crimes. I thought this would have made an amazing style as well. Have that bad boy strapped to your back. If anything the base item/style should have been awarded to anyone who collected all 3 OP items. Or simply it could have just came from briefings or something. I notice that War Crimes doesn't have any. So I say that we change that, and add this puppy as the rewards for it. You're welcome.

True that. I bought the 2nd base just so that my league and I could access everything without having to hit the Hall Of Doom and run allover the place. I actually used my 6 alts to spread locations all over the map just in case they were out and about in Gotham/Metropolis with the cool down timers expired on both their main warping abilities. Even then though I have to limit what they can have in those solo bases. For those with teleporters my bases are a hot spot, but even after all this time it is still not a luxury that everyone shares. Even for my own personal use it can be a pain when crafting items as my Soder and R&D vendors are in different bases. Would definitely be a nice touch.
  16. Riger Well-Known Player

I second this, with one change. The first time you kill a boss, you get some kind of base item to show you did it. Keepsakes the way Batman has in his cave, you know? that way heroes would only get villain loot, and vice versa?
    I would love to collect things like that. I like to collect period, honestly.
    • Like x 2
  17. Riger Well-Known Player

How about a wardrobe? Not counted as an amenity, though. Just a base item that holds 5-10 style setups to change into like outfits. A bit like what the armory does, minus the hassle of gear and skill points.
    • Like x 2
  18. Ascended Well-Known Player

That's a really cool idea. I love keepsakes like that. And now I'm really digging the idea of completing all the Central City bounties and having all the Rogues' weapons in my base as trophies. I really want to see that happen now.

I think you could build a whole pile of stuff around that idea, too.

Take down Zod in Fortress 3 for the first time, get a Phantom Zone Projector base item. But if you take down all the bosses from all three FoS raids, you get a title, or an aura or something. Sort of like those meta collections; you get the base items from individual bosses but if you complete "the set" you get something extra.

And this isn't entirely limited to base items, but I'd like to see some stuff added to the OG reputation vendors. I mean, you can hit Cooperative with the Sentinels, Rogues, WayneTech, STAR, etc, pretty quick after reaching level 30 and you have access to a set of gear (and a feat) right off the bat. But then there's no reward for the other tiers of renown (except a feat) until you hit Trusted and gain access to the emblem and title.

So why not add some stuff in the middle? I'd like to see some Base items unique to each faction added somewhere in there; one item for Floor, Wall, and Ceiling, which you can buy for a Mark each. Maybe each faction has a Base pet and/or NPC for sale? Get Trusted with the Cult of Trigon and get a cultist for your Base, you know? And maybe an aura inspired by each faction at some point in the renown tiers. STAR could offer a force field, WayneTech could offer a swarm of bats, the Sentinels could offer a glowing ankh aura. LexCorp could offer a sparkling kryptonite cloud, the Cult of Blood could offer a blood spatter aura, and the Rogues could offer some sort of speed-reducing field full of lightning (which ironically would fit a lot of speedster toons). Or something along those lines, I dunno. These are just some random ideas.

I mention this because I realized the other day my main never finished the renown with the Sentinels of Magic so I spent this morning finishing it off....and I feel like the reward for climbing the reputation ladder isn't entirely worth the effort. I'll get a feat I didn't have (well, two) and a title I won't be using, and that's it. The OG factions stop giving rep rewards at T3, and we level out of that range so quickly it becomes a chore to finish renown. So why not throw us a bone and give us something cool to provide an incentive?
    • Like x 1
  19. Riger Well-Known Player

Those are several good points, Ascended. So many, in fact, that I don't want to load the whole quote :p

I would see a lot more incentive to bother with reps if they gave more.
    I would like what you said about how each final raid boss gave something, as well as a total something.
    Anything you get from this can't be traded or sold, though. No getting it without doing the work.
    I would love styles and auras from doing feats, so why not boss fight feats? Something that can't be gotten another way. I was just saying in-game that we really need an aura that we can mess with the colors of. So why not get it that way? maybe a 'first raid complete' reward. Something not terribly high, but actually does require some work.
    • Like x 2
  20. ASTROMOMMA Level 30

I still think we need new league hall themes and new base themes. As for items. I would like to see swimming pools, hot tubs and waterfalls. And more magical themed items. And how bout some actual villain content with this new dlc coming out. Tired of getting aquaman crap. Peace and love.