Tell us what Base items you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Jul 16, 2013.

1. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

You want to take criminals home and keep them in your own cages?
    • Like x 1
  2. Brit Loyal Player

Cages. Force fields. Containment devices. You name it.

My base is crudely laid out right now with Zoo Cages that are clipped with Arkham Walls to create concrete jail cells with barred front doors. I then have Stasis Pods, Magic Barriers, and Metahuman Containment Devices. I've got tons of ceiling mounted cameras, and some of the magic Atlantis Eyes to serve as security surveillance as well. I've got a control room with my desk and control panel and dozens of Panopticon monitors.

But my jail looks pathetic, because it's empty. My crimefighter hasn't actually managed to stop or detain any criminals.
  3. HYDEF New Player

More rooms for all the items i already have would be grest
  4. Ascended Well-Known Player

Yeah we definitely need some more base NPC's. I like the base pets, the cats and dogs and drones, those are all great and I appreciate having them (keep it up devs!). But the only NPC is Ambush Bug and he's been around for years.

Why not do a few more? There's tons of Z-list characters the devs could use like the Wonder Twins and Kite-Man, as well as minions like Lex Corps security, STAR scientists, League of Assassins ninja, parademons, New Genesis forager bugs, etc. I'd honestly rather have the nameless, generic security guards and scientists, etc, than named, specific characters.
    • Like x 2
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

So, you know those nifty Green Lantern Corps Power Battery Base Items that are only available from the Survival Mode Vendor when SM is up & running? It might be called a Charging Console or somesuch? Just 2 3, itty-bitty requests with those:

1) MAKE THEM AVAILABLE TO ALL PLAYERS, ALL THE TIME! Not just to players that run SM when SM is around! :mad:

2) Make versions for the other playable Corps (Sinestro Corps and Red Lantern Corps) and make those available to all players, all the time, as well!

3) You know what? Just make packs of Lantern Corps Base Items, including these, the various ring-slinger-themed wall decorations, and other things that might be of interest, and stick them all in the MARKETPLACE where they should've been all along! ;)
    • Like x 1
  6. Brit Loyal Player

I would definitely prefer some generic NPCs to begin with. "Scientist", "Police Officer", "Citizen", "Criminal", just using the default models that are already in the open world. Then later if they want to add an Alfred or Commissioner Gordon or Mercy Graves as a classic base-ally, that's fine, or even some Superman, Batman, Luthor big names. But some generic NPCs are definitely of a higher priority at this point.

Personally, NPC base items could make excellent cash sinks for the game, with the generic ones being cheap enough that they can be bought in bulk, but big names like Superman costing enough that they help to take some much maligned money out of the economy.
    • Like x 3
  7. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Barrel dispensers

Dispenses Healing Barrels/ Explosion Barrels/ Freeze Barrels/toxic Barrels... you name it
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

That'd be handy for league hall when testing parses
    • Like x 1
  9. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

What about Lantern power batteries - the small personal ones - we can have characters with Lantern rings, so why not have somewhere to recharge them? Not that our rings ever need recharging, but a battery would fit in a Lantern's base, at least for appearance's sake.

And way more compact than the Trolls I've seen in the game. :D
    • Like x 1
  10. an81angel Well-Known Player

Suggestion for Base Lair Themes that use our color palette:

Please, give us an option to use our material-chroma in place of the base color option.

I would really like to use the cosmic material as a trim in my base, especially after we just got that galaxy ceiling item.
    I would also love to use the glowing/sinister/furious material as a trim in my base to give it more of that lantern vibe.
    Same goes for my water base, I would love to have my surging material trimmed all over my base.

If you could use any existing material or chroma for the trim of your base what would you choose?
    • Like x 1
  11. infinitygauntlt Well-Known Player

Good morning
    1. More base pets like dexstar, B'dg. Emotional entities, monsters, demons, cherubims, etc.
    2. Different corps batteries personnel or large.
    3. Magic barriers the 1's all over the game.
    4. Lava flowing from walls, like waterfalls.
    Volcanos flowing with lava
    5. Space theme items, like black hole in roof or walls
    6. Golden/ hellish gates. More heavenly and infernal base items.
    7. Different lair themes kryptonian, lantern, etc.
    8. Amazo in complete body,reach beetles, etc.
    9. Phantom zone barrier/gateway
    10. Apokoliptian fire pits, para demon hanging from walls
    • Like x 2
  12. Brit Loyal Player

Since NPCs have been a challenge to get into our Lairs, how about the idea of Target Dummies that do not appear to be holograms. Just some generic heroes or villains that we can spar with, so we can at least somewhat double them as NPCs.
  13. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

1, 2, 5, 7, and 10 I completely agree. All the others would be cool too, but those would be most cool.
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

15. Shadobi Level 30

House Dividers that have doors that open and close that fit the size of the floor to the ceiling in few places.

Also I would like to buy a cosmic like style home. Please add better locations -.-
  16. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

i would like to se the jason toddd memorial case [IMG]. i would like also to see ace the bathound as pet .the batbout. and the hollagrphic alfred of metal as pet
  17. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I would like to see fixed menorahs with 9 spokes instead of 7.
    • Like x 1
  18. Ascended Well-Known Player

There are so many good suggestions on this page! Love it.

As for the quote, totally agree. I'd happily drop money on the marketplace for this and I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one who'd open his wallet so his bases and League Hall could have an NPC support staff. I'd say one buck (or 100 marketplace cash, anyway) for one nameless NPC who doesn't move/interact much is a fair price. As for Iconic NPC's, I think Krypto was a decent deal. I'd be fine if that was the value/price model for Iconic NPC base items.
    • Like x 1
  19. BSEison Well-Known Player

My current top 10 wanted list for base items:

1) More NPCs. Butlers, maids, cooks, personal assistants, prisoners, roommates, etc
    2) Any tech gear that is in the night clubs and police stations. Need more computers, displays and things like that.
    3) More weapon displays both as art and arsenals.
    4) Lantern recharge station for those using power ring power sets.
    5) More water and fire effects so that those base styles have as many options as ice bases.
    6) More bathroom items. Besides toilets, the nicest nonseasonal ones are very hard to get.
    7) More entertainment items. Entertainment systems, arcade video game items, etc
    8) More training and fitness items. The gym and dojo stuff is pretty limited.
    9) More posters of more characters. Need more stuff like the Titans banners and bombshell posters.
    10) More room dividers and some that go full floor to ceiling.
    • Like x 1
  20. NibellaRin Active Player

There is a window into the tomb of Arion in the second to the last room of Silent School during the Metal II alert. I would LOVE to have that as a base item, showing either the Tomb of Arion or something else. It was a gorgeous...portal? Doorway? May we have it? Please.