Tell us what Base items you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Earth742 Well-Known Player

Decorations Vendors.
    All three would ne in the HQ and in the central area for ease of access. Or alternately near R&D of the Tech Wings.
    Each vendor would be able to sell copies of itself for in-game currency (Bind on Character) which would be as Decorations in their base and function the same in Bases as in the HQ. They can be donated to Leagues same as any Decoration.
    They full trio can alternatively be purchased as a set in the Marketplace.
    Instead of Neutral NPCs, we have reverse-engineered Kryptonian Robots as Vendors, with both LexCorp and WayneTech making the same things:

1. Basic Decorations Fabricator
    Basic chairs, tables, dividers, wall sections, desks, desk with a computer, table with a computer, tv/tele, phone (wall), phone (table), kitchen sink, side table, lights (ceiling), lights (wall)
    This Vendor uses Cash.

2. Advanced Tech Fabricator
    Advanced consoles (Floor, Wall, and Ceiling-mounted sold separately), Oan and Kryptonian decos from obsolete content, Tech furniture, and other devices.
    This Vendor uses Marks, and possibly Event Currency when/where appropriate.

3. Elite Fabricator
    Decos available depend on a character's Elite Rep score.
    This Vendor uses an appropriate currency. Cash, Marks, Event Currencies or combos thereof, as deemed appropriate & fair.
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Just gonna bump this up :)

Other things I would love to see in Summer Seasonal:

Volcano
    Volcano - Large
    Lava Puddle (an updated graphic one)
    Stream of Lava
    Geyser
    Geyser - Active (Water shooting out of the Geyser)
    Geyser (Large)
    Geyser - Active (Large)
    Atlantis Porthole
    Atlantis Porthole (Large)
    Large Palm Tree
    Elevated Atlantean Bridge
    Curved Palm Tree
    Blue Sky Window
    Porthole (Ceiling)
    Sand Dune
    Sand Dune (Large)
    Sea Beast Totem
    Brine Hulk Totem
    Underwater Coral Archway
    Underwater Coral Column
    Corum Rath Tiki Statue
    Sea Beast Tiki Statue
    • Like x 3
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Halloween Seasonal:

Stormy Clouds
    Stormy Clouds - Large
    Lightning Strike
    Lightning Strike - Group
    Giant Spider Totem
    Limbo Town Window
    Limbo Town Window - Large
    Teekl Totem - Large
    Swarm of Bats
    Shadow Snake Construct
    Shadow Werewolf Construct
    Shadow Winged Beast Construct
    Shadow Eagle Construct
    • Like x 3
  4. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Winter Seasonal:

Ice Column
    Icy Archway
    Sea Beast Ice Sculpture
    Squirrel Ice Sculpture
    Superman Ice Sculpture
    Batman Ice Sculpture
    Wonder Woman Ice Sculpture
    Reindeer Ice Sculpture

Also some illuminated ice sculpture variants. In some parts of the world they have ice sculpture festivals and they put LED lighting into the ice sculptures so at night the ice sculptures light up in various colours. Harbin Ice Festival in China and various festivals in northern Japan in the winter do this. Lots of potential therefore with ice sculpture base items. You could even change the colour lighting in the ice sculpture so it changes colour every 5 seconds or so.

Christmas Music Box
    Polar Bear Cub Totem
    Reindeer Totem

Lots of potential still in this seasonal both with ice sculptures and Christmas light designs.
    • Like x 3
  5. Zane Rapid New Player

NEW GENESIS BASE THEME
  6. recoil2 Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    some glowing red trees for halloween in 6 months would be nice ;).
  7. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  8. recoil2 Dedicated Player

to play off the people who asked for frozen statues a few pages earlier
    [IMG]

these crystaline kryptonian crucifix looking things, complete with people in them, just tall enough to fit in most low ceilinged base rooms
  9. recoil2 Dedicated Player

so i just found out the crown of thorns portal doesn't actually act like a portal and is basically a solid wall like object.......
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

in lieu of this can we please get some arcane portals and regular doors that actually act and behave like portals and doors? as in things we can pass through?
    also the patch of space/stellar void that appears under faceless one when he teleports would be nice for ceiling and floor items, potentially as part of the anniversary event with anti-monitor?
    • Like x 4
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

House of Mystery Ceiling. Do one with just the sky and another with the bookshelves.
    • Like x 3
  11. recoil2 Dedicated Player

we definitely need more "natural" looking surface patches for ceilings and walls, it just looks odd to have "walls" in a forest or a ceiling where trees are growing upwards, and the pillars are especially awkward "oh hello, what's this support pillar doing in a forest?".
    • Like x 1
  12. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

Perhaps, why not a new base altogether? A natural base? Perhaps something befitting the Celtic stone pieces we obtained, too? The support pillars could either be rough-cut stones or even branches.

The tech pieces inside... that's hard. Ancient and Atlantean base theme has quite the best look for Base Amenities that look less tech-based. Afterwards, just cover them up if they do have keyboards or screens.
    • Like x 3
  13. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, I'd like a base-sized version of the Stacy's Billboard with the female model that has the shoulder-length hair.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. Brit Loyal Player

Could we get the exact same Containment Device that we got in JLD, but get a version of it that actually of it that has some sort of humanoid actually contained in it. A captured superhuman (Titanic Trenton, Captain Cruel, and Iron Kurtain come to mind), or even just a generic demon from Cursed Gotham. Containment Devices that actually Contain enemies.

Our Containment Facilities look pretty pathetic when every single containment cell is empty.
    • Like x 1
  15. recoil2 Dedicated Player

one thing i think was a missed opportunity was the display with Etrigan's armor on it, and i'm really hoping we can get some possessed armor replicas like the ones which stalk around and attack Constantine in the alert fight with Etrigan in the black room as animated base items like ambushbug, possibly as part of halloween this year.
  16. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

I would love to see the following:
    -Cages or containment units with actual heroes/villains/generic or real inside.
    -The blood geyser from the Darkness Rising alert after you defeat the Vampire Lord, as well as just blood poools.
    -Zombie base items (like Ambush Bug) who just wander your lair making zombie sounds
    -Similar to the Savage Stasis tubes, but more like ones you see in LexCor duo (base and top that make it larger and reach ceiling)
    -Stasis Tube rack but with floating bodies inside
    -Damaged vehicles (cars, vans, trucks, tanks)
    -Busted fire hydrants (water spraying up)

Just a few things lol
    • Like x 1
  17. TymeBlast Well-Known Player

I would like to see more base items that are more "Cave" themed. Right now you can only put some much grass, vines, trees and maybe if you can get it.. bridges.

MORE THAT THAT.... I and I am sure a lot of people would like to see stackable items in the base. (sorry, but City of Heroes was able to achieve this back in the day) We there are some things that don't fit in the base other than in certain areas. If we had stackable items we could actually make some really amazing bases.. The market place would flood with people looking for items that could stack.
    • Like x 1
  18. Hollows Active Player

First and foremost, expand the base item limits! My haunted house is capped and needs more hauntedness! Rising/roaming/attacking zombies, moving fog, fog that isn't just on the ground, shadows or silhouettes in the fog, shadows that appear and disappear when you look towards them, bloody hand/foot prints, blood trails, "innard" piles, beating heart sounds, grandfather clock chimes, lightning strikes, thunder sounds, skeletons that come in and out of closets, witch windows, singing pumpkins, audible trick or treaters, cricket sounds, frog/toad sounds, "old/haunted house" sounds like moaning and creaking, footstep sounds, opening and closing doors, door knobs that jiggle, sunlight/moonlight beams, regular/dark clouds, clowns that stuff themselves in cars, floating/bouncing balloons. I could go on and on and on and on. But, I think the jist has been GoT.
    • Like x 2
  19. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I need these guys ASAP.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. Hollows Active Player

That would be wicked. Would like to see them coming down that first hall way or crawling out from under a bed.