Tell us what Base items you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

How about the more normal looking bookcases with books on them from earlier content like those big wall sized ones in the Sentinels of Magic base and Arkham Asylum, or the smaller ones in T.O. Morrow's secret lab (late mission in the original Tech Hero Level 1-30 mission line)?

Sorry if it's already been asked for. Or if they're already a base option, what are they called, and how do I get them? The only normal-ish looking bookcases I've found are the Study Bookshelves... and those have a less elegant/luxurious look to them due to the pale unfinished wood.
    • Like x 2
  2. Skahr New Player

Tech! Any and all. GCPD screens and computers. Elaborate computer stations like Felicity's setups on Arrow. ARGUS related items.

I also think we need more base themes like the new atlantean one, with more room.

It'd also be cool if things were interactive, like being able to sit in chairs and whatnot.
  3. Ascended Well-Known Player

Been ages since I posted anything (crazy semester) but I figured it was past time I re-posted my desire for a big League Hall sized table so me and my League mates can sit around looking important. I try to mention this every now and then but it's been a while.

I want something big enough for a dozen people, with chairs and small terminals and a big holographic globe hanging above the center of the table. Some form of interaction would be ideal, or at least the ability to actually sit down in the chairs.....but I'd accept a non-interactive item quite happily too!

And before I forget, happy new year's and a belated happy holidays to everyone. And a huge, massive thank you to the Devs. A whole lot of styles, base items, auras, and materials I wanted to see made their way into the game in 2018 and I'm very thankful for that and all the effort you guys have put into the game. For all the complaining we see on the forums, its easy to see that you guys put in a lot of hard work to make the game the best it could be this past year.
  4. majosea Dedicated Player

this ring of water in the pic, it would go great all the other atlantis theme stuff and I have the big room to put it in please can we this as a base item,
    [IMG]
  5. Brad Sisto Well-Known Player

With Reign of Supermen coming it has me thinking a lot about what base items would be cool to have revolving around Superman that we haven't gotten already.

The big thing to come to mind are Iconic Item Displays. Key examples of these are found in Legion of Three Worlds Issue 1. There we find SB Prime going into the Superman Museum at Smallville.
    Image found here https://getcomics.info/dc/final-crisis-legion-of-three-worlds-1-5-free-download/
    There we saw displays of Steel's Hammer, Guardian's Shield, Kon El's Jacket, the different Kryptonites,

[IMG]
    A small replica of Kryptonian Ship from Superman The Movie.

[IMG]
    There is also the Kryptonian Regeneration Matrix that revived both Kal El and Kon El.

[IMG]
    The Kryptonian Battle Suit is another good one we could like.

[IMG]
    A replica of Jor El/Lara statue could be cool

[IMG]
    Kelex the Kryptonian robot from Superman's Fortress as a base pet

If it would work how about the House Suits from Man of Steel be it the full Battle Armor that Jor El put on or the slimmed down one Clark found in the ship? If we can't use the Man of Steel version then use the New 52 Kryptonian Armor. The house emblem could be a blank shield or fill in with our own emblem.
    • Like x 1
  6. PoKTLi Active Player

Hi!. Regarding Atlantean new base … its awesome to have an extra large room, but it is missimg something. Right now its just a huge room. I am having issues while decorating it. Stuff on roof just seem soooo far because space between floor and roof is too big. I dont know if there are more pleople experiencing this as i am..., but i would love to keep the Wall between Windows as it is, but Walls next to enttrance with a extra floor, like the one we have in the center área of the base, just not square but maybe with a different shape, that woulkd allow more ítems to be placed and also a nice view from there… I hope you take this into consideration. Ty andForgive my bad english.
  7. Myoxz Well-Known Player

I'd like to be able to interact with the dog in my base.
    • Like x 1
  8. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Here are a couple things that I have been wanting since forever and I think it would make the league halls more appealing to everyone.

1. Make all of the Amenities for bases available for league halls or...... At LEAST
    Make a separate set of amenities for league halls that can be obtained the same way that the base amenities are obtained.
    That would be through the MP and or collections within the game.

2. Unlock placement of league hall amenities & teleporters. Allow players to set all amenities within the already selected locations.
    3. Sparring dummies that fight back or AI sparring targets.
    Leaving the existing sparring targets in place of course.

Here is an idea that I have been thinking about for the AI sparring targets.

Within the containment area at the bottom of the league hall we have cells and within those cells behind the force fields we have inmates. Let us make use of these guys and have a little fun while we are at it.

• Use these cells with the inmates like we use the sparring dummies. EXCEPT........
    • Add adjustable AI to the inmates within the cell so that they fight back.
    • Add a switch to all of the doors that unlocks the force fields and releases the inmates.
    • Put a console on the wall at the entrance so that we can adjust the skill level of the inmates &.unlock as many cells as we want at one time.

4. Iconic, Survival Mode & NPC Monster packs that we can switch out to go within the cells of our lockup in league halls.These would also work with and become AI sparring targets. :D

Walla instant & adjustable survival mode that can be done within our own league halls. You could make all of these upgrades obtainable through the MP. :)
    • Like x 2
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Summer 2019 base item wishlist:

Continuing the Atlantean theme and expanding upon ideas teased in the recent Winter Seasonal.

Volcano (a large volcano base item with lava pouring out. A floor base item but the same size as Frozen Rock Waterfall. More a league hall base item but could be placed in the larger Atlantean room or the middle area near bottom staircase.

Large Pillar Rock Waterfall (a large rock pillar with a large waterfall pouring out. A floor base item. Similar size to volcano)

Small Pillar Rock Waterfall

Rock Waterfall (same as the pillar version but for the wall)

Atlantis Porthole - Large (large porthole showing Atlantis)

Atlantis Risen Porthole - Large (large porthole showing Atlantis above water)

Sea Beast Totem - a mini-version of Sea Beast for your base.

Coral Cluster - Floor

Coral Cluster - Wall

Coral Cluster - Ceiling

Trench Archway

Trench Rock Pile

Trench Pillar

Deepsea Sky Window - Window for ceiling that shows surface of water from deep beneath the sea.

Sunny Sky Window - Window for ceiling that shows a clear blue sky during the day

Elevated Atlantean Pathway - Inspired by the bridge ways across Atlantis

Cabana Archway

Cabana Divider Wall

Wooden Bridge (a non-broken variant of the ones from EP15-17.)

Bonfire (a large torch with a massive flame)

Bonfire with Swarm (same as above but with insects flying around)

Waterfall (a thin rocky cluster for the wall with water pouring out like a waterfall)

Lava Fall (similar to above but with lava pouring out)

Also maybe Tiki statues inspired by superheroes.
    • Like x 2
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Now that we've had snow clouds with snow falling I'd love to see black Stormy Clouds but with rain falling and lightning. This would be better suited to Halloween.
  11. Heaven DIO New Player

Maybe for Valentine Days event

More Star Sapphire Items like

Sapphire Throne Chair - A Sapphire Crystal Throne that has the emblem of the Star Sapphire carved in it and emits a Violet Aura

Sapphire Royal Rug - a long rectangular Rug that acts like a runway carpet

Sapphire Crystal Statues - Statues of Major Members of The Star Sapphire Corps

Halloween could do Black Lantern Base items like

Black Throne of The Dead - A Crystal Throne Chair with the Black Lantern Emblem that emits a Black Aura
    • Like x 2
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I really wish sparring dummies weren't bound to the pink amenity circles. My guess is that when they were placed in the Watchtower, the middle was chosen for good reason as opposed to against a wall. There are some battle position scenarios that are difficult to simulate and test from any of the places where the Dummies can currently be placed. Can't they be like armories?
  13. Brad Sisto Well-Known Player

Hey Oceans,

Between St Patricks and Spring could we please get the pieces to make Raven's Meditation circle?

Could we also get some nice Pub tables with the tricatra theme to them?

For spring could we get FULL versions of the oak trees. I really hate putting in trees that are cut off in large rooms or league halls.
    • Like x 1
  14. Sonny85 New Player

um...this isn't a base item, but more of an in-base function deal...I know i'm probably a pain, and you've probably heard this one before, but I would love love love it if there was a way to sort bases in your teleporter list. Like alphabetical, or most visited on top, or even a favorites system. I love the fact that I can go from base to base with the teleporter, but it drives me crazy scrolling up and down looking for the base I want on a seemingly endless list. Some of them I never have and never will visit, and I wish I could just make them go away so I don't have to go through the ones I'll never use to find the one I want. Sorry if this was the wrong thread for this, but this was the one I found that was closest in relevance. Thanks. :)
  15. iceman 11 New Player

Id like to see zamaron base items instead of the junk that was for last Valentine’s Day. It wasn’t even theme related. Or how about a Zamaron base theme. At least do that since star sapphire powers will never see the light of day on this game. More crystal formations for walls, roofs, and floors. Or how about an actual hero you can purchase to have in your base instead of an animal who constantly breaks everything
  16. Brit Loyal Player

For a brief moment, I saw "High Striker - Hero" and "Low Striker - Villain" and I thought that we were going to get NPCs as Base Items: hero and villain looking characters. But... it was just a carnival game, entirely taking the wind out of my sails.

So I'll make the request here. We need NPCs for our lairs. We need generic looking heroes and villains. We need generic Police and Criminals. We need scientists and doctors and guards and soldiers. We need people who can work in our lair.

If Flash and Green Arrow can both have their CW/WB hipster team hanging out in their bases, then Brit should be able to have a couple of people in the Britcave.

Heck, you could even make them into Sparring Targets that don't look like holograms.
    • Like x 2
  17. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i use ambush bug as my lab partner and assistant, apparently wolves break into the lab occasionally to drag him off ;). poor guy doesn't even know we have a toilet XD.
  18. Krossssss Well-Known Player

Sea Shells , running Waterfalls , Fishpond, Flying birds, Ace the Bat-dog "great Dane" , Joker-bot , Broker in League hall , Burning stuff , Flame patches "floor walls ceiling" , Lava falls , Fire rain, Thunder clouds , tin-table curtains , playing t.v with dc cartoons "clip" , Posters of our characters.
    • Like x 1
  19. Krossssss Well-Known Player

Like the bleeding wall idea ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. Ascended Well-Known Player

Random thought I just had while working on a bad Thor riff:

Can we get a face style that combines the eye-patch and emissive eyes? So an eye-patch covering one eye, but the other eye is glowing? I don't even need anything fancy, just those two styles from character creation mixed would be enough for me.