Tell us what auras or materials you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

The reaction is merely due to your specific posts. You seem far beyond fan obsession, and it's disturbing and to some, annoying. EVERY post from you involves DB, DB based gifs and will quite often, be a repeat of the same post (sometimes re-worded as a poor man's excuse to allow it to pass). I'm quite sure everyone remembers you and your damnable "alien head", which obviously was a specific DB character's head and it went beyond repeat, across all posts.

Simply put, your obsession is disturbing. Enjoy what you enjoy, but please limit entries from a specific local is all I'M asking. Others can say what they will.
  2. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

I haven’t even been asking for anything tho I just want a red ultimate aura
  3. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

an antimatter material
  4. MlSFlT New Player

How about barnacles - have partial of the surrounding be transparent to the color it’s laying on. You have unicorn mat it’s like abalone, but abalone mat would be nice. Seaweed mat same concept with the barnacles. Or instead of brings mat have it be “aura” or “accessory”. The placement can be full body or wherever looks good like a pirate that’s part of the ship. ;) Would be so cool.
  5. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

There really needs to be a discussion about Materials and Chroma's. I love them don't get me wrong. But there is a glaring flaw to them. Costume bits that glow or light up, or have build in emblems are covered over and go black. Scion Of Ion Chest for example, Apply any Material or Chroma to it, and the built in GL Emblem goes black. Owl Man's helmet the Eyes go Black. Not to mention colors apply in the wrong places with a lot of costumes. Again pointing to Owlman, using the Blue Metal Chroma, the chest gets the Shinny blue Metal across the top of the chest, the dark along the sides and bottom and the emblem goes almost black. And the only time the emblem is a shiny color as it should be is with Blue Metal Chroma 3, which makes the rest of the top look black.

I think it's time to look at altering how chroma's and materials are applied or adding specific channels for them in order to allow us to pick what color goes in what slot. Especially with some styles where a Chroma destroys any look as it applies all 3 colors to a piece that many would only use a single color on. Say the Stalwart Defender pieces. The Chest specifically is bad at this. A chroma wrecks the look and your often reduced to a secondary single channel material for it if you bother with one at all due to the hassle and cost.

Now I understand that the devs have already hacked the color system to bits in order to just get Chroma's in there current form working. But I think there should be someone with a Ax going back in and seeing how much more can be done. Because the frustration levels with these things is getting up there. Especially given the cost of getting the ones we want. Either in IRL $ to open TC's or in game cash to buy from broker.
    • Like x 1
  6. Fwames Well-Known Player

Doomsday probiotic aura or accessory style. A little adjustment to the density of the winds maybe needed to keep the toons more visible.

Hey, its already there so it is easier to make right.
  7. LoganCaron Active Player

I really loved the Red Royal Material, but instead of the white color on it would have been cool that the white could be a silver color instead. ;-)
  8. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

I think I might have suggested this before but here goes... When a Sorcery toon pops a pet, they take on a swirly blood mist sort of aura. Just add an aura just like it son you don't have to be Sorcery spec and pop a pet to have it on.
  9. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

I already asked for this to be considered in the discussion about general styles, cuz I hadn't noticed this specific section dedicated to auras. So I'll give it a second try here. This aura from the second raid of the new dlc looks very beautiful, I would very much like you guys to make it available to buy from the dlc vendor.

[IMG]
  10. Avenger 0ne New Player

I would really love to see see a Black Kryptonite Aura done in the style of the Shimmering Amity Aura with a matching Accessory like the Sunstone Shards. That would look epic!
  11. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

Not 100% certain as to where to place it, so I'll just place it here. As an old CoH/CoV player, I have to say, I miss much. One tiny thing being the costume change emotes. Much like their game, changing between each costume is a "Smoke Bomb" emote. We've had that for so long with no extension.

Media=Youtube]

The hourglass and obvious Aura are not part of the costume change...
  12. BanesRampage Well-Known Player

can We get a red ultimate aura we got it in every other color
  13. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

Obviously, it's a little late, but I would have liked a Star-Spangled Material and Stripesy Material to go with the launch of the new Stargirl series.

Star-Spangled would be a light blue with white stars. And Stripesy would be red and white horizontal stripes.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Maybe also a Tigress inspired Tiger striped material?
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

And can we get a Cheetah material for the upcoming Wonder Woman film?
    [IMG]

All of the materials don't need to be animated or flashy.
    • Like x 1
  14. KateNash New Player

Would love to see more rainbow themed auras, like the prismatic solar.
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Cosmic Chroma Material (would be very similar to the Avatar of Magic look).
    Bioluminescent Chroma Material
    Negative Speed Force Chroma Material
    Blue Spark Chroma Material
    Phoenix Chroma Material
    Time-Torn Chroma Material

If I had to pick one here, certainly would like to see a Cosmic Chroma Material, I personally think that would be really cool. :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

Need a simple change to 1 chroma. Red Royal chroma 3, need to swap the positions of the gold and red .. been attempting to make a wonder woman style and every gauntlet I have tried has the red and gold in the wrong places because their on the chroma in the wrong place ... thanks
  17. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Materials that act like shine/normal maps, in that you can choose to make the surface of the clothing/armour matt/satin/gloss/textile.
  18. BanesRampage Well-Known Player

Please make it that materials can be used on color slots so we can use multiple at the same time and give us a 4th material slot
  19. DubiousOP Active Player

I'd like to see an aura of Bees, and a Wood Grain Chroma
    • Like x 1
  20. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Particularly Royal Chroma. The colour channels should be replaced by the material's colours to apply as you see fit, rather than the current three options that may not be suitable - it'd also eliminate the need to have three materials to perform one function.