Tell us what auras or materials you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Jimp88 New Player

not sure if this is the right place for this, but here goes....
    How about a material that changes the discs in the skimming flight style to look like rocks or ice or glowing, etc?
    • Like x 3
  2. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Just being able to apply material to movement styles would look cool.
  3. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

i would like to see a kriptonite material
    • Like x 2
  4. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Kryptonite. We've got kryptonite auras, but what would a Kryptonite material look like? Would it look cool enough to pursue the project? If so, either tintable or different colors. Please
  5. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Sorry, didn't look at the previous post.
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Well, I FINALLY completed the Dilustel Details Collection on one of my characters, and let me tell ya, WHAT A LET-DOWN! :oops:

But I did learn some important info:

1) The Material earned is actually called METALLIC Material, NOT "Chrome Material".
    2) It's a slightly brighter silver than the one used on the Silver Material.
    3) In some in-game lighting, it can look slightly more reflective or shiny than the Silver Material, but it's only a small difference, and it definitely looks nothing like the actual chrome materials/textures we see on pre-made styles in the game, such as the Chrome Skin, the Sector 3601 Style Set, and the Sector Incendiary Style Set.

In the end, I'm still glad I grabbed it for the character that has it, because now I know, and knowing's half the battle! ;)

But having said that... bring on an ACTUAL Chrome Material! ;)
  7. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

i also would like to see an antimatter aura or material or spectral material
  9. Ascended Well-Known Player

I doubt this is possible, just from a technical standpoint, but what about a "texture" chroma material?

We've got tons and tons of old styles that have been around for years, and as cool as the designs can be, the graphics are very clearly out dated. Consider the Gadgeteer style; that's arguably one of the coolest jackets in game but it looks awful because it's from 2011; it's lines and details aren't nearly as crisp as what we enjoy today.

So what if we had a tint-able chroma that just applied textures to our gear? It's not going to completely re-render the styles or make the details any sharper (the gadgeteer chest's tie is still gonna be fuzzy), but it would still add some much needed polish. Something like "channel 1: metal, channel 2: leather, channel 3: glow effect." Or whatever, I'm not really picky about the details here. But you see posts all the time asking for this style to get updated graphics or whatever, and the devs don't have time to go back to old content and do that sort of thing (outside of the rare exception like an anniversary gift). So this might be a viable alternative, if it's even possible from a programming viewpoint.

Sure, this wouldn't be the flashiest and most eye-catching material ever, but it'd make a lot of old styles more viable. I could see a chroma like this being sort of the "workhorse" of materials; it's not going to get a ton of hype but it's going to get used all the time.
    • Like x 1
  10. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

And if you do make it, please put it either in the MP for a reasonable price, or straight in an in-game vendor, so as many people as want it can get it.
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

How about Feather Material.

Snow Owl - Barn Owl - Love Birds - Parrot - Hawk - Cardinal - Blue Jay - Canary - Black

This would give us...

White - Brown - Red - Green - Blue - Yellow - Black

(Notice this represents the main Lantern colors.)
  12. Jrgreen88 New Player

Can we possibly get a cosmic chroma material or astral chroma material(like on astral alloy) that would be awesome
    • Like x 1
  13. Walvine Well-Known Player

The tenth element metal material buff or chroma set version of the tenth elemenent metal material from into the dark multiverse raid final battle.
    3 tone cell shade material , fully colour tintable would cause 2damage anime style effect over existing colour scheme.
    2 tone cell shaded inked material , Same as above but with output lines on 3d meshwith outer environment cube box texture channel set with rgb 0,0,0, border line , This effect is very easy (sorry my 3d cgi knowledge took over).
    Peacock chroma , would be popular to many.
    Wireframe , projects 3d wire mesh of equipment.
  14. HYPERi0N New Player

- The “blue crystal” aspect our toons get at the last boss of the second Metal Part 2 raid is kinda cool. Would be dope as a Material.
    - What about an “invisible” material, in which we would be able to see what’s behind our character ?
    - Would be dope too to get a material making us looking like the “glowing” creatures in OG Gotham. The creatures that we can already become thx to a Market Place trinket you know ? Not at home and don’t remember the name sorry.
    - And what about some new type of skins ? Epic and rare skins dropping from time capsules or so. A Bane looking like one ? Some new angry and joyful ones with better details ? A sand-like one to go with the Sandstorm aura may be ? A water-like one ?
    - And ... what about a new body shape ? A “fat” hero or villain could be fun to play with.
    Anyway. You rock guys. Please keep on the good job. Greetings everyone.
  15. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

Transluscent time delay movement duplicate *making description up as I type*
    [IMG]
  16. Jonny_boii New Player

What about a fiery phoenix back wings accessory
  17. Mobius Twist Active Player

Apologies up front if this is the wrong spot for this, but my (senile) brain felt this was probably the category best served:

Movement aura: Snowflakes

In fact, the more I think about it … a future Resurgence chase item could be powerset Movement auras.
  18. Ascended Well-Known Player

We've got powerset auras, materials, and chromas, as well as weapon packs for most powers in the marketplace. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see powerset accessories and movement modes sooner rather than later. Though we've already got movement modes that work for a number of powers.
  19. Mobius Twist Active Player

I did a decent look into move auras and they are very limited. We have sparkles (yay Extra Life), smoke, and light streams (mono and rainbow colored.) I haven't seen anything else.

But what if you had a nature one that left a trail of leaves? An Arctic one that left a trail of snowflakes? Something matrix-like for Gadgets? Mystical runes for Sorcery? Etc. That's what I am recommending.

I do agree we will likely get that sooner than later, but just in case, a little wink-wink-nudge-nudge and some Cinnabon may go a long way to creating good will and get us some more sparkly? Yes??
  20. Ascended Well-Known Player

Yes. I definitely would be down with more movement styles based on powers. I'm just saying, until we get them (and I suspect we're definitely going to at some point) we can fudge it for a lot of powers.