Tell us what auras or materials you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Mr700 New Player

Like how the metals are but white and gold and the third color could be grey or black
  2. LunarRay New Player

How about a set of iconic based "chroma" materials that take the three main colors and their corresponding textures from the big 6.

Superman: Red, Blue, Yellow
    Batman: Black, Grey, Yellow
    Wonder Woman: Red, White, Blue

Lex Luthor: Purple, Deep Green, Glowing Green
    Joker: Purple,White, Green
    Circe: Purple, Gold, Black
    • Like x 3
  3. Minie Well-Known Player

Im sure we would go crazy over the following Material ideas:
    [Plasmic Material]-Similar to the Phoenix Material but instead it would be a White-Minty, Very fast paced version with more of a constant rounded ripple animation to it.
    [Nimbus Material]-A cloudy dynamic material with a milky transparent White and a Tiiny bit of blue hint drizzled in it, A frequent flickering animation as if its coming and going, and with rounded edges(like a cloud)
    [Smoke Material]-we basically already have a example of this(Cloak of Shadows) similar to the Blue Smoke Material but colored Black with a strong shade of grey, Fast paced, and animated going in a upward kind of spiral effect.
    ^Any of this could be subject to change as you would prefer dev team or to your technical capabilities, but this would be like a blue print.
    These ideas could benefit the entire community. 1. The auras will still be exclusive for those of us who own all or one of them, so your NOT going against the exclusivity of the auras aka no false advertisements. 2. The people who dont have any of the auras(Plasmic,Nimbus,Smoke) will now have a shot at the brand new Materials that are awesome. 3. Anybody who owns either a Plasmic Aura, Nimbus Aura, or Smoke Aura will benefit because now the Materials would just make the Auras higher in value and exclusivity, and now we have a sweet Material to complement our Aura(s) perfectly.
    I really hope people like this Idea it can be a positive for ALL of us not just one side of the community.
    I personally would not mind these be put in a Booster Bundle or TC, or even the quark vendor(<Least favorite option imo).

Thank you (If you read this far).
    • Like x 1
  4. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]

Can we get this as Aura? It's the fire pits flame from Halloween but I would love this as Aura! In different colors it will be epic.
    • Like x 1
  5. Brit Loyal Player

[IMG][IMG][IMG]

As a material: LEATHER.

It's so simple, but the option to make a tintable LEATHER material means that the various Slimlines and gloves and whatnots can be turned from spandex into leather, for that more 90s feel to so many characters.
  6. Phoenix Five Active Player

So the lanterns in the game have sort of a coloured fresnel added to the material.
    Do you think this could be added to the game as a selectable material style? Maybe the chroma system can be sort of used or incorporated with these kind of materials. It just that the NPC lanterns have a style because of these coloured fresnel attributes, and making a lantern of your own doesn't quite get you the look and feel of the NPC lanterns. (YET)

Example
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. Raven Roth Committed Player

A Cosmic Aura, an aura that has the Cosmic Material applied to it
    • Like x 1
  8. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Lantern Chromas would SO awesome!
    • Like x 3
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Please can we get a Cosmic Chroma Material Pack? It would be the nearest thing to a Cosmic Material but with different parts. So you could look like Avatar of Magic for example.
    • Like x 2
  10. Miss Adora Loyal Player

would like a pink material if not a material where we can change the color that we want
  11. Zane Rapid New Player

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET A COSMIC CHROMA .. COSMIC IS A COOL MATERIAL BUT I DOESNT GET USED MUCH FOR ANYTHING. LETS MAKE THAT HAPPEN PLS
    • Like x 1
  12. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

While looking at the new Chroma Mechanized Material, I was reminded, there was one short lived, and ultra rare Aura that had the same look as Mechanized. Any chance we'll be getting a golden version in game of the Mechanized Material? You know... Hacker?
  13. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

Another Material question I have (and technically not an ask for a new one), but now that we have the great 4th spot for color on our items, is there any chance for a 4th for the Materials? I mean, my Ice toon would work great with possibly all 3 Artic Chromas, -as well- as Artic or possibly even Shimmer Material I have.
  14. tokidokij Active Player

Still waiting for a water material that looks like the water skin.
    • Like x 1
  15. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

The Watchful Chroma is nice, with its camouflage pattern, but what about a nice urban camouflage? Or an Arctic camouflage? Or a desert one?

Or what about a material that makes you kind of invisible (like the Predator) - sort of blurred, shimmery and almost transparent?
    • Like x 1
  16. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Hey Meg, Im glad the Trigon eyes and his antlers made it to your style list. Could you consider making his Demon Soul Aura a player aura? You know, the aura he gets if you miss a few pentagrams in the Unholy Matrimony raid. The recent feedback on the style threads is appreciated.

-Iconic
  17. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

Emerald Phoenix
    Blue Glowing
    Autumn Watchful
    Snow Pile
    Blue and Gold Chroma
    Red and Gold Chroma
    Green Spark
    Speed Force (Bright red glowing with white lightning)
    Reverse Speed Force (Bright Yellow Glowing with Red Lightning
  18. Buruzu Level 30

I have one for an aura (head/hands/feet) that blurs like the reverse flash when he conceals his identity.
  19. an81angel Well-Known Player

So what you really want is a tint-able camo-chroma? Something to adopt the colors in your palette, rather than a preset color option? I would very much like this as well. Not just for Watchful.
  20. an81angel Well-Known Player

I am underwhelmed by the new Power Set Chromas. I have been wanting these since the introduction of Chromas. Now that we have them, only a small # of them look good (for me and my personal needs). I hate saying that, because I'm sure they took a long time to create. However, 90% of the time I try to use any of the 3 chroma's of a specific set on one of my toons, it just never looks right. It's always just a tad off from what I actually need/want it to be.

What I have noticed is that two of the chroma's will keep a single color in the same slot. For instance:
    Using the High-Density Tactical Shirt and the Glowing Chroma 1: you get a Black base, Green side color, and White veins.
    Using the High-Denstiy Tactical Shirt and the Glowing Chroma 2: you get a Green base, Black side color, and White veins.
    Using the High-Density Tactical Shirt and the Glowing Chroma 3: you get a Green base, White side color, and Black veins.
    Why is the color option doubled on some parts?
    Why not have one of the Chroma options with that would have given this top White base, or Green Veins?

Other issues I have with the chroma's is the color depth in general. The colors seem to either be way to dark, to grey, or to bright. and as a result they don't blend in a cohesive manor. For instance:
    Glowing Chroma 1: When you see the Black with glow texture next to the Green texture, more often then not the Green color gets lost in the intensity of the Glow. This is most notable on the Battle Mage, but also apparent in Electric, High Density Tactical, Ice, and many others. The color shift between Black w/ glow and Green get's blurred. I was hoping for a more crisp color separation. It seems as if the Glow is too intense and the Green can't shine through it. There is an even more noticeable difference in Crisp Color separation when you alternately compare end results when using the Void Material (tinted Green), and the original Glowing Material. The Void is so dark and yet the green glow is still very visible, yet that glow never takes away the ability of the og Glowing Mat to pop.

Left - Void & Glowing
    Center - Glowing Chroma 1
    Right - Standard Color Palette
    The intensity of the glow from Chroma 1 diminishes the black or green colors. Whereas the Left side (while less detailed obviously) the colors are clear and visible and not in competition with each other.
    [IMG]

Left - Void & Glowing
    Center - Glowing Chroma 1
    Right - Standard Color Palette
    Again the intensity of the green glow from the Chroma takes away so much of the black
    [IMG]