Tell us what auras or materials you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Mar 14, 2017.

1. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I wish powers from powersets where color changable...
    Auras and Materials designed for each powerset would be awesome. (I am pretty sure this has been mentioned before...) but with the ability to change colors too. The diversity and creativity would be decently broad. And for extra measure...make materials assignable to parts of gear it's used on... Not just the whole piece. Like Miraculous Cape...changing just one part of the color scheme to material.

I can only imagine the posibilties mixed with styles already available.
    For example...Fire (my favorite)
    House of El Style.Green Fire material on parts of scheme. A Green Fire Aura.
    Furious Style. Red Quantum material in parts. Red Quantum Aura. And so on.

The possibilities are endless.
  2. JasonIsley Devoted Player

The part with the materials isn't entirely possible. Yes they can make them not color locked but they will not be as attractive. So we can just hope for color variant versions.
    Materials assigned to parts of a single gear piece is something they originally intended but can not do because it causes performance issues.
    Skins for powersets would be possible but unlikely. Look at Hard Light and Rage for example, they have to remain color locked due to lore restrictions. If one powerset can not have customized skin than it wouldn't be fair for the others to receive one.
    • Like x 1
  3. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I totally understand. Just saying. In a perfect world this would be cool
  4. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

How about an aura that changes it's intensity by how much super power you have built up, or the level of damage out (class dependant: healer is health out, troll power out....)
    • Like x 4
  5. Kestral Committed Player

The LARGE avatar of sin wings for female toons.
  6. darth_paul Dedicated Player

I've been asking for that stinking ghost skin for forever!
  7. Ascended Well-Known Player

Has anyone suggest a Adam West style "combat sound effect" aura? Like from the old Batman tv show?

I'm imagining an aura that isn't visible until you get a hit on the hit counter, and then a "POW!" or "KABOOM!" old school sound effect image pops up over your head.

We have an aura that is invisible until you stop moving (fire fly). We have auras with graphics in them (the starro, heart, etc). So Im thinking it "might" be possible?
    • Like x 2
  8. Pouncers New Player

Electricity, Earthy, Auras & Materials, Update The Color White So It Will Look More White( It Currently Looks More Grey),
  9. recoil Committed Player

now this needs to happen. also make it kinda look like the ultimate aura with different colors just for the laughs. i want to see how many people start shouting "i am a super sandwitch!"
  10. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

11. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

Though this would have been a good one with the Halloween event :( ... perhaps we'll get lucky tomorrow in the Gotham Time Capsule!

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Ascended Well-Known Player

Been asking for a bat aura since the things were first introduced.

But looking at how the fish aura from last summer came out, I dunno if auras can be detailed enough for flying bats.

Still holding out hope though. My Batman rip off needs an aura like that!!!!!
  13. powerwoman274 Well-Known Player

can u guys add more auras to test server and materials
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They don't need to be tested.
    • Like x 1
  15. IonHero Committed Player

Considering that they do aura that center around particular parts of the body...
    I'd like them to do an Emblem projection Aura.
    I imagine it would sorta be like the Ruins styles where it's away from the body, and basically be a floating emblem.
    (Or Fate's Faith Chest style)

That way we display emblems on styles that don't have a spot for them (I realize not all armor styles would still work bulky styles might intrude into the aura space)

I figure in general
    There should be one aura for the chest (possibly a second; one center, the other to the right of that)
    one for the back
    one for each shoulder. (one right, one left)
    (maybe belt?)

and then combinations.

Colors would be based on whatever we had set as the emblems colors.
    • Like x 1
  16. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

This
  17. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

Fractal meterial, A little darker than the skin.
  18. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

I really like the Valentine Hearts aura. Something pretty like that please, so I can have a choice between alts. None of the other kind of auras particularly move me. :)
    Tintible hearts, or strawberries, or flowers. I'm not keen on the smoky glowy vibraty power-type auras, although some do look cool.
  19. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

A Feather material would be nice :)
    • Like x 1
  20. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I want to have a Fireworks Aura and I want the ability to have Fireworks on just my hands as well. :oops: