Tell us what auras or materials you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Mar 14, 2017.

1. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Black solar, red solar
    • Like x 1
  2. XPerfectX Well-Known Player

A new skin should be a good addition to the character creation with the water power (Maori's tatoo skin)!
  3. Sargent_Arson New Player

I have a few on this (Sorry if they've already been said)

1. Halos and Horns so that we can use an aura space and still use a head style with the horns or halo
    2. Neon Light Outline Aura
    3. Transparency Aura or Material?
    4. Floating Objects (Insects for Nature, Stone for Earth, Minibots for Gadgets, Ash flakes for Fire, etc)
    • Like x 2
  4. C3alix Committed Player

Can we step away from auras and try something new like trails? One of the hand styles has trails and those are dope! I just wish the trails were longer.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ascended Well-Known Player

I definitely agree that the accessories could use some variety. I love auras as much as the next guy, but something different would be nice.

We know that they can make an aura that is anchored to a specific body part, and we know they can insert some basic images (Starros and hearts, fish, etc), so why not holographic displays that hover in front of your face?

Or a heavenly ray of light that shines down on you?

Could accessories be used for vanity pets? Who wouldn't want to see a chibi Etrigan the Demon, or a 5th dimensional imp, a swarm of bats, or a Fortress of Solitude robot following you around? Drone cameras, robot penguins with jetpacks, flying dogs, mystical winged cats, the list is endless.
    • Like x 1
  6. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

Iconic Symbol Auras; like the Holiday aura showing candy-canes, Iconic Symbol Auras show off a cascade of auras for the Iconics of DCUO. A few include--
    Batman: Bats
    Wonder Woman: WW symbol
    Superman/Zod: chevron
    any Lantern Corps : lantern icon
    Joker: cartoon smile
    Lex Luthor: the Lexcorp LL symbol (bet you thought I was going to say Bald Head)
    Circe: magic bolt
    Zatanna: Magic Wand
    Shazam: Lightning Bolt
    ect.
  7. kreepitcute New Player

As this post is about auras. Hope it's ok to ask if anyone knows what head style this Is? [IMG]
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

GCPD Knight Helmet, which is from a collection. The collections drop from the last boss of the hero version of the Return to the Nexus alert. Info here: http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/GCPD_Knight_Helmet
  9. Riger Well-Known Player

I'd still like to see an aura we can change the colors of. Something with a solid line, and wavy bits that come off of it with multiple colors so we can make it how we want it to look. Purple aura with red wavy bits. Black and black. Whatever combo you want.
  10. Ascended Well-Known Player

If they made something like that, I'm betting it'd be hard to get. That could kill the MP aura purchases (if anyone still buys those. I bought a few back in the day but its been a long time) even if it didnt have much of an impact on the in-game aura economy.

If it happens, it'll be some sort of stupid time capsule thing.
  11. Arkenra Well-Known Player

Would be nice to see the density(atomic's shield) as a "ancient" material. But in a booster bundle, not in time capsules.
    • Like x 1
  12. Arkenra Well-Known Player

Also would be great to see aura recovery kits in game. :)
  13. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Explain
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

A kit to remove an aura from one of your characters and give it to another character.
    • Like x 2
  15. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Oh, that would be nifty. Or they could get to work on style sharing.
    • Like x 2
  16. La Flame New Player

Light Blue Plasmic :D
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

Maybe u guys could take inspiration from these. Id especially like to see something very similar to the shadow form added to this game.

I also think an opportunity was missed again this halloween to add the ghostly skin. Or make it a material.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

And for style please add some jackets like these below in the left and right pics. Especially the entire suit on the left. Obviously it cant be the same but something very similar would be awesome.
    [IMG]
  18. Pouncers New Player

Ice, Fire, Water, Earth, Mental, Mystic, & Air Materials & Auras
    • Like x 1
  19. KnightofCrescent New Player

I'd like a bleeding aura, and a rotting flesh aura, I know it will likely never happen, but I can dream lol.
  20. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

A smoldering ash cloud aura.
    • Like x 1