Tell us what accessories you'd like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Megzilla, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Terri Ashra Committed Player

I would like to see little robots or drones. Pretty much everything available is either alien or mystical and that's pretty much the only reason I'm not chasing them xD
    • Like x 2
  2. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

A shadow copy of you that sometimes does different things than what you are doing.
    Old style prison ball and chain.
    A bouncing ball that follows you. And a more rare variant that is Plastic Man in ball form.
    • Like x 4
  3. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

¤Pirate's Parrot for Summer Event
    ¤Living Shadow. basically the shadow your character already casts, but it would be 3d standing up behind you.
    ¤Book of The Black
    ¤Roach Infestation
    ¤Comedy & Tragedy floating faces
    ¤Murder of Crows
    ¤Lantern Ring Wheel
    ¤Full Moon
    ¤Playing Cards Wheel
    ¤Comic Sound Effect Wheel (Ka-Pow, Bang, Boom, etc)
    ¤Triple UFO orbit
    ¤Meteor Shower
    ¤Dizzy Birds/or Seeing Stars
    ¤Poltergeist (could appear and disappear as well as enter your character & then spring out at people)
    ¤Music Notes
    ¤Horns (we got a halo in this form,might as well do a horn version too)
    ¤Vibe's Portal (behind the player like the wheel accessory is already)
    ¤Grasping Zombie Hands ground accessory
    • Like x 4
  4. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

lol oh my gosh i was typing mine for so long, yours didnt exist yet. +1 on your shadow idea
  5. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Take the time to look at the Announcements section which promotes the new feature and links to a video that explains what the new feature is and how the new feature works. It is not suitable for a headband or wig.
  6. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

….Snakes....
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  7. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

With St. Patrick's event coming up, what about clovers or coins? Heck, even wee leprechauns might be a severe twisted idea.
    • Like x 2
  8. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

Hmm...another idea. What about tridents? Three floating around you upon the same path as the Sunstone Accessory.
    • Like x 2
  9. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Megzilla i got off the track :D.. Oops about it :(.

Here is my idea..

I’ll like to see an Constricting DNA type of animated accessories featuring 2 large, 3D DNA that swim around your character. And the colour of the DNA should be determined by whatever colour you have selected in the 3rd slot of your colour pallet.
    • Like x 2
  10. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Ya, know..... I think i got off the track. *I know now*
    • Like x 1
  11. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

I like that idea
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

• Power specific accessories, could be used by anyone but what I mean is an accessory that shows a few Green Lantern Constructs (not the helicopter way too big would be hella'nnoyin' imho) and for Red Lanterns the same or a flow like design of the red lantern plasma look... Mental could have the supercharge ghosts as an accessory. Boos, sure there's the boo utility belt man those cute little buggers, gimme an accessory please! Adds, what ads aren't too big? There's a handful, make them accessories like the wee wittle eyeballs from Silent School the sorcery similar watchers. The Crustacian trinket... take the little lobster man and add two to three friend to the fray, woot woot it's a party! The SM holographic cat... make it plural hello kitties! Have the starro style pieces? How about the Starro spore aura, want a starro spore accessory with your order? Yes please thanks, yum so delicious!
    • Make some with very random patterns so it's not so rinse+repeat drain on the eyes boring as-is now (what?!? just saying after a few mins you simply feel like taking them off, too plain now but great first effort!).
    • Last but not least "extended accessory auras" yes it makes sense if you don't think about it okay! To convey this properly imagine having Ember Aura equipped, then an accessory that adds more ember aura effect or an effect similar (just the red burning part of the ember aura so it makes the actual aura look extended with additional effects). On this same subject you could also do larger style animations like the blue electricity from electric healing that goes around our body (w/ the sound too!) could be displayed like Randall Savage's shield from RIT but much smaller or sort of a play on anime powers too, these wouldn't specifically relate to dcuo powers but to see something similar as an accessory would be quite nice.
    • Color options my guys, play it up and don't stop not even to wipe the sweat from brow. Literally don't do to us what you did with materials and only have Cosmic, Void, and Bio-luminescent be color tintable.
    I think we all want you to focus on NOT making these over-bearing and gaudy more than anything because right now quite a few people think they're hep cats when looking not too dapper I must say so let's be over-creative on the new batch. Also on an unrelated topic when can we have someone re-evaluate the "use a material per color slot on a style piece instead of it being applied to the entire item? We can set colors so our Stalwart Defender outfit looks better but materials just overpower the entire style? Seems limited, let's make it so we can TRULY style accessories and materials.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

Adding: Ability to enable/disable these so we can have them equipped but then disable w/o going into style menu. Also as someone else mentioned page 1 - different formations like attack (spinning/rotating) to idle.
  14. BlackzStar New Player

Dragons
    [IMG]

Shurikens
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  15. Ascended Well-Known Player

How about a "sound effect" accessory?

Could you take the "reactive" coding and tie that to the accessory?

It'd be pretty great to have "POW!" "BAM!" "FWOOSH!" appear around my character when I'm in a fight. If its possible, you could code specific sound effects for specific powers, weapons, counters, etc.

I'm sure that would be a huge pain in the *** to create, and probably not worth the time and effort, but it'd be pretty fun if its possible.
    • Like x 1
  16. darth_paul Dedicated Player

The Lego DC games have that! It would be hilarious in this game too! :D
  17. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

Lego? This old man was thinking the 60's Batman show.
    • Like x 1
  18. darth_paul Dedicated Player

It's in those games as an homage to the old 60's show. :)
  19. Enemy Ace Well-Known Player

Phantom Zone glass and musical notes.
    • Like x 1
  20. recoil2 Dedicated Player

so many of these i could use especially; murder of crows XD (okay i just got that reference), comedy and tragedy floating faces, full moon (i REALLY like this one, comedy and tragedy faces come a close second though), poltergeist, and grasping zombie hands (maybe with a greenish version like the effect from faceless one in silent school?).