Tell us what accessories you'd like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Megzilla, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

:D
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Any plans to release the green Lex supply drop (the ones that the soldiers drop in Doomed Washington D.C.)?
  3. Toshknight Loyal Player

yea, since 2015, 2016 when the battle zone came out, when they gave us the suits, and lantern blue red, orange, indigo iconic reward styles from brother warth, atrocitus, carol ferris, bleeze, larvleeze chest piece. and a few more, along with the armor sets, was a big deal. along with later on adding the emblems, and light streams, really shows the players that the share holders and IP deciding what the devs can put in or not, really changed everything then.

the lantern ring color either for LIGHT giving the player the ability to equip a ring, or accessory , that changes the powerset animation COLOR only, not new animations, "the animations we got for Hero and Villain LIGHT are very similar and generic, so allowing the player to use a item like the flight ring, or a accessory, heck or a Power Style , for a Style tab, much like the Weapon and movement style tabs, by using said "blue lantern" "sapphire Lantern" "Indigo lantern" or "avarice lantern" would make Light users constructs from the powerset look just the same but just color them like the lantern NPCs in the battlezone metropolis or in every other place there are blue, indigo, star sapphire, and Orange lanterns, would be how that works.

now the ring... would either just change the LIGHT color on the hand, or they could do one better keep the color we have, and add the said used color of blue, indigo, violet, orange, to add a second ring on the left hand, making it like the iconic legends, we can play as guy Gardner and Kyle Rayner.

i think the 2 ring option would rule, but being how much red tape they have to go through to get this stuff, i would say , if it does get added, it would just change the 1 ring, and the constructs, to 1 of 4 styles you equip, for your ring/constructs aka powerset of Light.

as for adding a armor ring, like the speedforce ring which gives us superspeed, and legion ring that gives us flight, or the Launch pieces from the Lightning dlc, "central city dlc" they added the flash inspired boots, "level 1" but gave us superspeed , if you had flight or acro, along with the joker jetpack, for flight, and bat gauntlet gloves that gives the player acrobatics movement.

if i could choose what slot they would use this "lantern power battery" that changes the mentioned above, powerset color of Light and the ring glow color. i would pick accessory, do to the rings, even though, i still use a 288 flight ring, and my 308 superspeed ring, the armor gets leveled out after a while, so being an accessory would be the best path for that,

but a Powerset style tab would be the best choice, if they could add one, but, just goto keep talking about it, by making a thread about it, every few month, or bumping a older thread, the devs do notice, no matter what anyone that thinks this can't happen says.
  4. Toshknight Loyal Player

awww i never thought of having dex starr as a base buddy, i think cause i think of him more not as a pet but, even though he is portrayed a lot to follow atrocitus around like in injustice but that would be AWESOME LOBBY FOR IT
    • Like x 1
  5. Batz6 New Player

Not sure if anyone mentioned these but defiantly animatronic tails (cat, dog, fox, monkey, etc.) and lantern emblem accessory like the ultra violet ones.

Also maybe not accessory related but new sidekick uplinks (whether be customizable or iconic' s as sidekicks, like for instance Dex-Starr from the red lanterns, Krypto or even any Robin). Also mounts would be nice as well. Then lastly a separate beard function.
  6. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Awesome! Fästingen thanks you!
    • Like x 1
  7. Toshknight Loyal Player

yea... actually, im suprised, they don't have Green, yellow, red, violet, and ultraviolet, sidekicks, like they do thugs, that would be great, i always pop my side kick , it looks like a little guy that just came in with roller blade pads on and wants to go to the skating ring, but he starts kicking but.
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Impatiently waiting for the Accessory Version to show up on the Test Server... ;)
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

It'll be a grant, if you own the head version, due to reasons with previous year's feats.
    • Like x 1
  10. FatchickinLA New Player

Animal ears as head pieces and tails as waist instead of having to take the whole animal form with the base character option for body. It would be nice to control how anamorphic your character is. It would also be nice to have body skins that can give you zebra stripes or cheetah spots etc that you can use like an aura on the skin or something to that effect.
  11. Eve YouTuber

We are getting Animal ears for the Spring Event. Cat, Bunny and Wolf.
  12. FatchickinLA New Player

Excellent now I hope tails will be next.
  13. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

•Marionette Strings
    •Demon & Angel on shoulders
    •Comical Birds (like you’ve been knocked senseless)
    •ZzzZ’s (nighty night)
    •Bouncing Sheep (counting in your sleep)
    •Swarming Rats (Climbing all over torso)
  14. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

That's A-OK with me, because the character that needs it already has the Head Style! :D

So on Test, if my Test Character buys the Head Style, does that mean he'll get the Grant? Is it up on Test now? :confused:
  15. Toshknight Loyal Player

while next to someone speaking to them in spatial / say chat,

specially for a Comic book characters based mmo,

This Needs Chat bubbles, for /say chat /emotes, "when you say something, it apears above your head, so it seems like your character is actually talking in the game," that is one thing this game has always lacked for its emersion , swg, was perfected with this type of chat system, you can turn it off if u wish, how far you see it/ how far/close it shows up as you walk away, or towards it.

the chat box, has always kept me and lots of other people i know from getting into the mmo as it truly should be played, its not just a rollplay tool. its just great for everything in game, when communicating, if the hardware is what is stopping them from doing this, being the ps4/ps3, the ps5 will definetly be able to handle as much as the pc can, pls DO THIS @mepps any mmo fan, would want this. its a staple in most mmos, it can be turned off as well, so, if you can't stand on screen clutter, its not a problem to shut off.

a few buds in a player city cantina below, chatting, while a buff bot has a instructions /say macro going

[IMG]
  16. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Any plans to preview that on Test before putting it live in the game? :confused:
  17. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

How about the “headband” thing that Deathstroke has that hangs off the back of his modern masks (it has a specific name but I can’t remember it) as an accessory. We can kindve replicate it currently with the Killer Instinct ability from Munitions but it includes a whole headband which doesn’t always look quite right
  18. Toshknight Loyal Player

can you answer in any way, why or if DCUO, will ever get chat bubbles , like SWG, a mmo your company, did before, and uses alot of it's LATTER combat mechanics but perfected them in there own way, along with everquest housing system/decoration mode very similar as a comic based MMO, City of heroes had chat bubbles, everquest 1 and 2 does, as well, any game that should use them it's DC Universe online, i could understand bein released on PS3 at the time, probably would of been a memory issue of loading, while playing, but it has to be possible now, and would make, talking to people in game that you are standing next to easier, and like you are actually next to them. makes the game more immersive. this is kind of the SOE/Daybreak/Di, and other large good mmo development companies, it's a staple almost , i think i know why they weren't able to do this , at launch, due to the ps3 , having a console version, maybe added obstacles for a Online MMO which only gets larger as time goes on. but they should be able to add this feature now.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  19. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Really want an Angler head style/accessory like an Anglerfish
  20. Toshknight Loyal Player

so. i would disagree with the devs not being interested in anything green lantern related,

Every aura u see, started with people wanting a Green aura, even when they added auras, the green we got was a darker green for players, while having the Mystic/nimbus Neon color green aka the ring glow/construct color for Light power, was held from players via IP Rights and What players were allowed to possess and control. up until War of the light 1, which is probably 1 of the most lore heavy dlcs implemented, it was obviously not given a 3rd act in full do the top brass wanting to switch to faster content pushes, but from auras to Accessory to movement and weapon styles, based on the light powers, and Rage, with light stream movement, and "Green energy" "Yellow" "red" and "blue Energy weapon styles coming out right when WOL1 is released. once the game became clear to the bosses, and IP holders that we would pay for this stuff, they added tons of items, and revamped lantern items we would never of had and was said by the devs it wasn't going to happen due to reason above, but right now, i don't think it is Daybreaks choice "just guessing" to make what subject dlc they wanto from a top line perspective. i believe they will eventually add more lantern style items, and accessory, if going by what they have done in the past, after fans posting what they would like to see in game, took five years to get it, but we did get everything below along with the stuff they snuck in . without breaking the rights between the release of Fight for the light, and War of the light.

below is everything "green lantern lore related added post Powerset of Light"
    • All Emblem, enhanced, and Regular,
    • Rage powerset.
    • Deep cut Iconic Briefing/investigation/collection styles
    • 1.Larveeze chest piece, 2. Atrocitus head piece and hands, 3, Brother Warth Chest piece and head 4. monk "indigo lantern chest. 5 Carol ferris Arms/ chest piece 5 recently the star heart weapon style with all the other iconic weapon styles
    • various auras for all emotional spectrum corps in the collection events and general.
    • Every corp Armor with emblems of the represented corp on each of the 7 corps and the 2 Life corps of Death and life. 9 and even a newer one release last expansion the ultraviolet,
    i was always under the assumption that this games developers at least at one time, lantern lore, being very large and undiscovered is great material for a mmo, along with batman, Wonderwoman, while my favorites are the flash, bats, use to be lanterns, i think Metal is on the brain at DC atm, the batman who laughs has overstayed his welcome , i liked him at first when it was creepy and we weren't overloaded with a joker/batman bruce wayne, but it isnt bad content, or a character , i just think they are not making the main decision on what topic and iconic to base the dlcs on bottom line, anyway, thx for replying, i do think a daxstarr house pet or companion is probably not going to happen or on the top of he list though, i don't think it's impossible but i think your right in all manors except the devs liking of the lantern ip.