Tell the Devs what Weapon Styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by oasenhoheit, Jul 17, 2013.

1. shadwfyre New Player

Would love to see mixed DW's like sword and sheild, axe and hammer, axe and knife/short sword, pistol and sheild, pistol and sword, etc.
    A bone sword that can do ranged attacks(like in "brotherhood of the wolf"), a tri bladed sword that fires the 2 smaller side blades as ranged attacks.
    Fix rifle so that the default attack isn't a grenade, that should so be a charged attack.
    Add a few more rifle combos -
    1)bayonet stab, butt strike to the right side of the face followed by buttstroke into face.
    2)Buttstroke to face knocking opponent down followed by stab to chest with bayonet

Fix pistols to have different sound/visual effects other than just bullets i.e. classic laser & blaster sounds with small pulse laser beams, small ion particles like the turret blasts in star labs, small arcane bolts for sorcery, mental bolts for mental(duh), elemental bolts, sorta like staff has as charged attack depending on what power you have.

As to a new weapon style . . . . hmmm, I like the spear suggestion as spear attacks can be very different than the way you use a staff.
    Or maybe a new MA style focusing more on kicks and throws as opposed to mostly punches like now.
  2. Blitzarro New Player

riddler staff
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Different sound effect options for weapons would be awesome. I hate that laser/energy pistols sound like bullets and spent casings fly out on my dual pistol toon. I like the 'fictional guns' much better than the real world guns for some reason.

I've bought (and use) 3 of the weapon style sets in the market place and I really like that you get a set
    Hunting in game for them has it's owe type of enjoyment too though. It was one of my favorite parts of playing from level 1 to T1

I would have bought the fiery set for the hand blasters alone, but the flame does not encompass your hands.
    Those 'effects' sets would sell better if they were looked at again and actual physical weapons were used with the effect on the weapon.

1) Shogun theme weapons style set with Gold weapons
    2) Alien Tech... black and green tech, but more biomorphic than the digital set
    3) Steam punk set
    4) Any Metallic Set, Gold, Silver.
    5) Dark Specter Gadgets set (ie...Batman inspired)
    6) Noble Warrior Set (ie Amazonian inspired)

I could see adding some more spears in with the staffs.

And I'm going to need a whip at some point.
    • Like x 1
  4. Dreadwolf New Player

Demonic Style weapons which changes glow colour depending on the characters colour
    These are from a GW2 forum, but a good source of inspiration.
    [IMG]

And somethingI I've been wanting to see for such a long time....FLAIL!
    Twohanded and onehanded!
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 6
  5. Dreadwolf New Player

I can easily see Dreadwolf raining hell down upon his foes with some vicious red-glowing demonic weapons.
    (Gotta say that the demonic style sword we have is quite lame..)

Might call them Hellforged or something like that.
  6. ROLFI - EL New Player

• Like x 1
  7. Blitzarro New Player

an anhk staff to go with the Egyptian style
    • Like x 2
  8. Redscreen5 New Player

Some type of saber (one handed) would be good. I'd genuinely say the styles are already diverse in the game. Maybe more "glow" would be good addition.
  9. LuuKen New Player

Aura for weapons
    • Like x 1
  10. myandria Item Storage

Great idea! Hand blasters that shoot flaming pumpkins! Watch your enemies get splattered by pumpkins and catch fire!

Flaming Pumpkin Katars!

Jack-O-Lantern dual weapons!

Headless Horseman Great Scythe!

Oh, I could go on... LOL!
  11. JayJay2515 New Player

Weapon Styles that don't use your color palette

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

Whip + Other Weapon combo. (Whip + Axe, Whip + Sword, Whip + Gun, Whip + Shield)

Really, any combination of existing weapons would be good. Sword & Shield, Sword & Gun, Gun & Shield, Shield & Staff, and any other 'off' alternative weapons (Shield & Scythe instead of staff, Shield & Axe instead of sword, etc.).

As for just a raw style, I'd really like to see a pair of Native American styled Tomahawks.
    I think a slingshot style for 'dual pistols' would also be pretty awesome if you could work out the animations.
  13. Horrorshow New Player

I like that they are doing something like this. I have two suggestions.

1) A weapon set in the Market Place called iconic styles. Depending on the weapon type, there will be different iconic character weapons. Below are some examples.

Harley Quinn's mallet.
    Joker"s crowbar.
    Two Face's rifle.
    The Huntresse's bows.
    Green Arrow's bow.
    Penguin's rifle umbrella.

2) A waterpower themed weapon set.
  14. Echephyle New Player

Tactical looking pistols and rifles. I already mentioned having m16 and m4 with grenade launcher attachment. If we could also have a specops modded m4 with a holographic sight, rails and flashlight attachment that would look ****!

An acr, scar and famas would also be awesome. More real rifles in the game devs please!?!?!?!
  15. MasterRedDeth New Player

For those meta villains/heroes give them hand blaster weapons that can allow for someone to drain energy if you hit them and then if you want you could blast the energy right back at them in whatever power they have. So if I hit a quantum hero with those gloves I would be blasting a bit of quantum energy back them. Parasite themed weaponry.

For the magic villains/heroes let them have an ankh staff with a special khopesh blade at the back if somebody wants to block attacks that can let heroes or villains summon their own dark/light minions that fight/last for 3 minutes unless destroyed or an Egyptian khopesh with the power to suck the magical life essence out of each other and if you've lost some health then their health will fill up thanks to them if they're magic heroes/villains that could coincide with the Egyptian styles.

For the tech heroes/villains let them have Tron styled weaponry like a Cyber rifle that if it hits enemies (not other players) it could digitize them and then allow for them to be respawned as cyber minions in a similar style to the magic weaponry. That would totally work for my dual wield idea in which any two weapons can be put together since I can picture a bunch of cyber themed villains/heroes roaming around digitizing anything in sight. If they're PvP then the opposite affect could possibly be that they lose partial control of their bodies/powers and forcefully fight their own teammates. Kind of like they got a mind controlling parasite inside their heads. It could work well for controllers or a DPS who likes to cause some major damage on the field. [IMG][IMG]
  16. BigAl Devoted Player

The kind that can match the weapon back styles I have...oh wait...there isn't any besides a quiver....
    • Like x 1
  17. BigAl Devoted Player

Waist and back styles aren't important.....as per Spytle.
  18. PureDarkness Dedicated Player

For the Kingdom Hearts fans...

KEYBLADES!!!! :D
  19. Femto Well-Known Player

I break alot of peoples hearts too lol :p
    [IMG]
  20. Dark Votive New Player

Well, I really don't want any silly weapons like banana's or traffic lights, maybe a rusted look with weapons would be good, like they are used in constant battle against our enemies or why don't we add a whip in the weapons? We have pistols swords, shields, why not whip? probably the style in that could be a catwoman's whip or wonder woman's lasso or in other kind of weaponry, we can include pistols attached to the costume like the one Huntress has (although its arrows), or for dual weild, instead of holding our weapon we could have two long sword like weapon coming from the top of our hands. how about a Braniac themed weapon style and a good one, were we have like a small force field as a shield to block attacks, something innovative and new to the style.

[IMG]