Tell the Devs what Weapon Styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by oasenhoheit, Jul 17, 2013.

1. aikuma2 New Player

For Dual Pistols, I'd love to see more 'normal' pistols.

'Simple Pistols' looks like 1911s, 'Desert Eagle' is self-explanatory.
    There's one style called something like 'Elite 9mm', which is a PvP style.
    Everything else looks a bit silly, if your toon is styled to look military or gangster-like.

Hell, take the starter style, slap some silencers, extended mags, flashlight or compensators on and you got loads of variants.
    • Like x 1
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

There's also the Dual Pistols Style "Machine Guns", which was inspired by the Real Life H&K MP7-A1 submachine gun (which was prominently featured in the movie G.I.*Joe: Retaliation, where it was used by Snake-Eyes. He even dual-wielded them!

Real Life Weapon:

[IMG]

[IMG]

DCUO Version:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

So that's another good one for characters that use modern day weapons. It's not 100% accurate to the real gun, but it's close enough. :cool:
  3. dceuverse New Player

Deadshot wristguns as Dual Pistols!!
    • Like x 2
  4. dceuverse New Player

Capt Boorerang's..well, boomerangs!! (could add as superpower slot ala batrarangs, lasso, etc)
  5. sebfm Well-Known Player

Wonder-Woman new Shield + Sword weapon style
  6. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I agree. Not enough love for actual handguns. Colt Peacemaker style would go great with the Buckaroo costume style or Bandito. .44 magnum long barrel(Dirty Harry gun). .357 magnum 2" barrel(I used to own one of these). Or The Judge(handgun that can fire .410 shotgun shells).
  7. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

Can yall put the Turf weapon styles in the next DLC vendor or next DLC loot table? o_O
  8. EmpressEvelina New Player

STAVES or STAFF - That look very fantasy and magical with rune animations. (Large types design)
    MAGICAL SWORD (or any weapon) - That floats in pieces but once in combat the equips player hand forged with glow.
    • Like x 1
  9. Hamicrux Level 30

This particular image is probably a copyright issue for inclusion in the game but I would really like a staff with a gun on the head bearing a bayonet and a beak on the upper (for the sake of melee animations). I do technically want it for a particular look which is related to this image but I think staff fans would appreciate being able to block break without looking like a wizard.

[IMG]
  10. Brit Loyal Player

Cheerleader Pom Poms as Brawlers and Martial Arts weapons.

Also, this knife.

[IMG]

Currently you can get it from the Nightstep Knives, and only as a part of this assymetrical dual weild. I want that knife as a One Handed.

For some reason, every knife in the game right now (Dagger, Monk's Knife, Tech Jambiya, Machete) are roughly 2 feet long. They're basically swords. This is the only knife in the game for player usage that is the actual size of a knife, instead of being way too large.

Since it's already finished, could we just get it as a one-handed style?
    • Like x 1
  11. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I'd like to see random object weapons. Like, a car door as a shield weapon. Maybe a bar stool for 2h. Lamps for dual wield, maybe a light pole for staff, scissors for 1h, and what about a whip? Anyway, that's the idea.
    • Like x 1
  12. Pinky Well-Known Player

Can we have Tempus Fuginaut's awesome Staff style as a weapon style?
    I fell in love with his Staff the moment I saw him in the House of Legends.
    It would be really nice to have it as a weapon style.
    Thanks a million in advance.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. sebfm Well-Known Player

Owlman's Owlrang => Maybe dropping from earth 3 alert or Panopticon or The escape
    Lex Luthor's Kryptonite spear => Maybe dropping from earth 3 Panopticon
    • Like x 2
  14. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Animated Chainsaw - 2handed weapon.

Wrecking Ball - Brawling

Scarface Puppet - Rifle
    • Like x 1
  15. ARJOSAN14 Level 30

Could we get a new claws weapon please? or at least an style variant for martial arts, I'm referring to natural claws just like the ones Cheetah or the Cat Avatars have. It'd also be awesome if when equipping the style, hands could be open during fight mode so the claws can be more visible, and so giving a wild / animalistic vibe.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. Wallachia Devoted Player

1. Lightsabers for One-handed, dual wield, two handed and staff.
    2. Boxing gloves for brawling.
    3. More swords in general.
  17. tiberiusblood New Player

animalistic fighting style
  18. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Won't happen due to the obvious Copyright and Intellectual Property issues. But there are swords in the game that can be made to look very lightsaber-ish if you use one of the Neon Chroma Materials on them, with the glowing color slot being applied to the blade. ;)

NEWS FLASH: They've been in the game for AGES! They were originally one of the Styles available in the Marketplace for Real World Money, and in the Loyalty Vendors for console players. But they were removed a bit ago to make room for other items...

...and now they're BACK in the Dr. Fate Vendor in the Main Observatory of the Hall of Legends! You know, THIS GUY:

[IMG]

When you open his store inventory, scroll down a ways until you find them. They're past all of the Auras and Complete Style Sets, nearer to the bottom of the list:

[IMG]

As you can see, they cost 100 Fate Tokens. Since you get Fate Tokens just for logging into the game and claiming your Daily Rewards, that basically means they're FREE! All you have to do is save up your Fate Tokens until you have 100 of them (and most players should have more than that by now anyway!)

Here's a quick and dirty preview of them:

[IMG]

[IMG]

These are a Hand Style, so you'd equip them on your character as such, and then under the Main Weapon Style Tab, you'd select "Bare Hands". That way you'll see your character wearing them! :D
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

LOOOONG OVERDUE! At this point, I'd even settle for them just being put in as an Iconic Power (since I've long asked for the 2nd Tier of Iconic Powers to make a comeback, but ones that are considered obsolete could be replaced with options such as the Wrist Guns.)
  20. Wallachia Devoted Player

Whoa, nice! I'm gonna get them, thankies <3
    • Like x 1