Tell the Devs what Weapon Styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by oasenhoheit, Jul 17, 2013.

1. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

we play dc a game were gotham got a mafia so why dont got a tommygun style for us i mean the tommygun is allready in but not for us

i also wanna see a kryo gun and most more important the anmations were we was able to us our powers with the gun we got and not just with the hand like it is now..

another thing make the rifle flamethrower pls to a elematry attack it looks stupid if u do guys like freeze and u got a flamethrower even if u ice powerd

and yes we NEED the huntress dual crossbows too
  2. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

idk how many of u guys think about the rifle....buut ithink thats to mutch combinations in this weapon a greandeluncher a flamethrower an assault rifle technical this is insane may tr to make a elementary weapon typ (fire ice water etc the effect should come with the power u got....do a sniperrifle and grenadelauchner nad crossbows but dont do all in one weapon separte it i feel like in beverly hills cop 3 with this weapon all i need iss a microwave now xD

[IMG]
    see what i mean guys it didnt feels real if u got a sinperrifle style in your hand and fire a grenade with it...
  3. Darkgod New Player

i was wondering if you guys could make a reusable consumable like kandor cola that is like an re-atomizer that turns you really big and changes the move set like the sword artifact in that one raid
  4. nugg New Player

Not really a new weapon suggestion, more of a cosmetic update.
    I've always used hand blasters, since day one of playing many years ago. But I've kinda been wondering if there was ever gonna be a graphic update for pulse beam? The lightning effect was cool before we had the lightning powerset, but maybe the option to change that to a pure energy beam would just make it be just a tad bit more pleasingly astetic.
  5. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

two diffrend pistoles for one style an reolver and a semi automatic pistole...(with even another color) and this in both versions revolver left semi automatic pistole right and once revolver left and semi automatic pistole right

yep thats for twoface :p
  6. AV Loyal Player

Just basic, normal sized, run of the mill cutlery, like a butter knife or fork and spoon.
    • Like x 1
  7. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Are you stormblessed?
  8. SuperCorp Level 30

SuperCorpNew Player

New

I have a gadgets power toon. It would be nice to change the look of my turret... just having a big green thing floating around is just ugh... maybe make styles for pets and power summons. Would be nice to have a batdrone for my batwoman.
    • Like x 2
  9. Gotham Goliath New Player

Batarangs as a dual wield weapon
  10. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Agreed. We need more every day objects as weapons. Dual wield, kitchen utensils. One handed, a garden tool like a trowel or something. Pistols, spray bottles.
    • Like x 1
  11. Great Architect Loyal Player

Grabthar's Hammer. 1H and 2H, versions, please :).
  12. Shazammm Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. RedMamba14 Level 30

Non lethal looking weapons, KO gun, sticks, nunchucks, etc.

What if Bob's demon has a no kill rule?
    • Like x 1
  14. Sonicboom New Player

How about a Shield and sword (usable) combo?
    • Like x 1
  15. Charon Lead Content Designer

An update:

I've gone through all 57 pages of this thread now and jotted down notes and will cross reference with the data Megzilla collected. I came here to verify some requests with an idea I have to release some weapon styles into the wild, placing them as drops in some cases and hopefully adding them to a weapon style vendor in other cases. This all will take time and not everything we have existing art for will be available at once.

We started to see how it would be if some Iconic styles dropped in relative content would be received with Lobo's hooks. That seemed to go well. I also got the Wonder Woman and Bombshell Wonder Woman shield added to the Wonderverse vendor and was able to finally get Aquaman's Quindent added to Summer seasonal. I plan to do more of these. Some examples:
    • Zeus Staff
    • Hades Staff
    • Merciless God Killer
    • Drowned Trident
    • Alan Scott Sword
    • Dead King Sword (from Primeval set)
    • Wonder Woman Sword
    • Sunblade
    • Green Arrow Bow
    • Nekron Scythe
    • Huntress Dual Crossbows
    • Ares Sword
    • Steppenwolf Ax
    • Harley Hammer
    • Joker Crowbar
    • GCPD Batman Shield
    Things to note:
    • This is a long term project and not all weapons listed above will be available at the same time. There is no ETA on when this will occur but I HOPE to get some of these in for the next episode.
    • Not all of these can be player tinted as they weren't made for players. Over time those that can't be colored now may become tintable later but no promises.
    • Not all of these can be made into 1h, 2h, dual at first but when applicable initially, they will be and if time allows later, they will be.
    Existing styles that aren't player obtainable like a hunting Knife can be made and put into the game as it's existing art. Stuff like that may likely find itself on a style vendor as opposed to drops but we'll see how it pans out.

In the very near future, you'll see another request in these threads make its way (back) into the game - the dual wield Scarecrow Cleavers. Keep an eye on the Scarecrow goons in Flashpoint Gotham City after bonus content comes out.

To help me help you, feel free to bring up iconic weapon styles already in the game or other weapon styles that NPCs have but players do not. Getting pictures is best. Over the length of time in the 57 page thread, a lot of images are broken so I'd have a very hard time trying to track down existing assets. Be as specific as possible in images, what NPCs, where they are found in game, etc. in order to get a better chance of seeing these in your hands sometime down the road.
    • Like x 10
  16. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Penguin grunbrella rifle style.
    Cyber Luthor Sheild

Also, it's gonna hard to track down pics but when "fight for the light" DLC hit test server, there was a "alien" weapon style that never made it live. any chance they could see the light of day? i'll try my best to find some pics
    • Like x 1
  17. Eve YouTuber

Any chance to add the new Cyborg's Cannon to the list? Also if any of those are possible it will be lit, you guys already gave us Wonder Woman's shield as well which was cool and surprising!
    • Like x 1
  18. Charon Lead Content Designer

His new cannon is on the list. It wasn’t made with the weapon style in mind at the time which was an oversight but I’ve brought it up internally a few times, as recent as this DLC. While it’s not ready to happen, it WILL happen at some point. I’ll keep harping away. I’ve already made sure that the Blue Beetle suit gets a cannon style and a blade style. It’s in the works but we’ll see how it gets implemented and when those two things in particular see the light of day with or after the suit becomes available.
    • Like x 5
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

While you’re here, there’s this dual pistol weapon style I’ve always wanted. It’s used by some of the Vandal Savage Mercenaries in The First Piece/Prison Break/Rip In Time. They looked a bit like the SMGs in the Halo games.
    • Like x 1
  20. Legoman Active Player

The Indigo tribe staff. I'm 95% sure it's in the game.
    • Like x 1