Tell the Devs what Weapon Styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by oasenhoheit, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Dauntless II New Player

I'm easy to please, can we get longer Escrima bastons? The ones that Nightwing has and gives look kinda silly short.
  2. MlSFlT New Player

Chains as a weapon - Ever watches Hunter x Hunter?
  3. MlSFlT New Player

Wand like in Harry Potter for blaster except only have the blasts of light come out of the wand not the hands.
    • Like x 1
  4. MlSFlT New Player

Powder pistol like what pirates use, I would love that so much...
  5. MlSFlT New Player

Hey. Any thoughts about a Necromancer power? There is a game called Divinity II Ego Draconis, you can build your monster pet with body parts and weapon hands, etc. How cool would it be to design your monster that you call into battle, earn parts and upgrade its body parts? That’d be sick. I probably would never use a different power ever again if you guys did this. There’s also a game where you build your own golem called Legend of Mana. Could me a mechanic power where you use machines to fight and or add golem pet into gadgets. The necromancer should maybe share powers from other sets. Like have it contain mental, fire, electric and sorcery. Or just add necromancer pet power to sorcery.
    • Like x 1
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

The game already has a Flintlock Pistol Style for the Dual Pistols Weapon Type, but none of my characters that have Dual Pistols have ever gotten it, so it seems like it's a little harder to come by than some pistol styles. :(

If you'd like to know more, click the link I put in above. :)
  7. PrinceOfFacade New Player

Could we perhaps separate swords from the one-handed style?

Swords could definitely do good on their own. Also, a 'sword & shield' would be great for those who'd want to make an Amazon character.
  8. Ghost27Xog Well-Known Player

Id say make newer animations for the existing weapon styles and letting us chose them like gear styles...
  9. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Couldn't see where else to suggest this but here seems appropriate?

Anyway, an artefact equivalent to the Solar Amp but for Frost Breathe. While Heat Vision is a good power, it doesn't really assist with Ice superpowers, and the benefits of duffs from ice attacks you'd have from Frost Breathe.
    • Like x 1
  10. mightyearthsage New Player

Either dual wield or two-handed chains since Lobo is finally a boss in the game.

Also new powers would be cool to add eventually like black lantern for villains and white lantern for heroes. Possibly even a power similar to Beast Boy's.
  11. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Beast boy powers yes.
    lantern abilities would be cool, but the Devs have mentioned in the past there will be no more lantern powers.
  12. MlSFlT New Player

Gotham wastelands Cult of Blood Acolyte have Wands in DCUO
  13. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

A crow bar like Joker has in game.
  14. Fwames Well-Known Player

@Dev

I don't know if this question was asked before. Why does Brawling styles override the gloves style? Yes, I know it is logical, but.... you can wear gloves and wear brass knuckles too right?

Are there brawling styles in-game that lets you retain the looks of your gloves while also displaying the brawling weapon?

If none, I would like to suggest a brass knuckle construct (not really brass anymore) that can be worn over normal non-exaggerated gloves like the gloves of the lantern corps and such. On the other hand (no pun intended), if this can't be done due to scripting issues, I would like to suggest gloves that have built-in brass knuckle constructs.
  15. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

The clown prince gloves have something similar to brass knuckles, but only on the right hand and if you’re a Lantern they’re almost unnoticeable (almost).
    I don’t believe there are any that leave the gloves visible but I think there are cage gloves that look like gloves.
    If I used brawling or hand blasters I would admit I agree. :)
  16. Blood Payne New Player

How about allowing players to change the color of their hard light power? This way there is no need to add another power and the player can match the color of their attacks to their preferred lantern attire.
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

It's time we had some new weapons, including some new ideas players have been requesting for a LONG time...

ONE-HANDED:

--Double-Edged Battle Axe
    [IMG]

--A double-edged broadsword that's realistically sized (not gigantic to a ridiculous degree) and styled similarly to this:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Size Reference:
    [IMG]

--A new High-Tech Barbarian Sword that's the spitting image of this and correctly sized, NOT longer than the wielder is tall!):
    [IMG]

Size References:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

SHIELD:

--A new round shield with a full-face Emblem Mesh, so we can have nice, large emblems on it!
    [IMG]

DUAL-WIELD:

--New double-edged battle axe + new shield
    [IMG]

--New broadsword + new shield
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

--New broadsword + new double-edged battle axe
    [IMG]

--New broadsword + a PISTOL
    [IMG]

All of the above sword combos repeated with the new High-Tech Barbarian Sword, as well! ;)

TWO-HANDED:

--A double-edged great sword, properly sized, that looks similar to this
    [IMG]

Size Reference:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  18. travelingtheory Well-Known Player

Gadgets should already have t spheres but failing that a skin to turn your suppressor turret or battle drone or pet into them would be awesome. Or just make 3 spheres a combat pet
    • Like x 1
  19. Siramez Well-Known Player

Dual Wield Scythe weapon styles please?
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  20. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Boomerang Martial Arts Style

And when you do Shuriken Storm, it throws Boomerangs instead. The visual is already in-game from Captain Boomerang in Stabilizer/Bounty
    • Like x 1