Tell the Devs what Weapon Styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by oasenhoheit, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Heel2daPANTHERS New Player

Steppenwolf's axe. Survival knives, Bowie knives, repeating rifle, new hammers and spears/staffs. New shields. It's been a long time since a bunch of new weapons were added. They all need updates. Please and thanks.
  2. Heel2daPANTHERS New Player

Yes all of these things, and some newer styles for martial arts like nunchucks, sai daggers, kamas etc.
  3. Heel2daPANTHERS New Player

I know a certain Indiana based character that sure could benefit from a weapon style like a whip.
  4. Brit Loyal Player

[IMG]
    This style exists in game. It is one of two styles that both share the name "Cutlass". This one exclusively comes from the level 24 "Nightstep Knives", which can primarily be found as an uncommon drop in the Aquaman instance.

The default "Cutlass" style available from all other sources has the player dual-wielding two of the cutlasses. This one uses a cutlass in his right hand, and a survival knife or bowie knife in his left hand. It is clearly displayed at the center of the image.

That knife. The knife that you have already completed in game. The knife that is done and available as a weapon style in this one exclusive pairing.

I want that knife as a one-handed style.

I would begrudgingly accept it if it became a dual wield style using two of those knives, one in either hand. But more than anything, I want that knife that you have already finished, and I want it released as it's own one-handed style so that it can be used by itself.

My biggest complaint with melee weapons is that so many of them are cartoonishly overly large. And that's fine for something like Harley Quinn's mallet. There is room enough in the game for super-strong heroes and villains to swing 1000 pound hammers and 10 foot long swords.

But some of us like our characters grounded more in realism. And, other than this one specific knife which isn't even available by itself, every single other knife in the game is proportionately at least 18 inches long. What is supposed to be a dagger is actually a short-sword. What is supposed to be a jambiya is larger than a machete. What is supposed to be a machete is practically a katana. And what is supposed to be the monk's knife looks like somebody attached a shovel head onto a small handle.

I want one knife in the game that looks like an actual knife. One weapon for one-handed that actually looks like it should be wielded one-handed. Please, I love DCUO so, it's already finished in the game. The style is done. The rigging is finished. We just need you to release it as a one-handed, instead of locking it away as a part of a dual wield.

Personally, I wouldn't complain if you made an original knife model and made it even smaller, but since this one is already done and in the game and requires almost no work to introduce, I am trying to meet you waaaaay further than the halfway point. You can even put this style into the marketplace store and I will pay you $10 for my character to have a normal knife. I just want it to be an option.
  5. Engendro Nefasto Well-Known Player

how about to have the option to choose to only have one pistol, instead of dual wield?
  6. Contrasts New Player

7. IceRaider Dedicated Player

Not necessarily a style but I'd like to see a Weapon of Omnipotence. I'd also like to see some fresh new weapon tactical mods introduced to the game. But for the OP weapon you build a weapons box and choose the weapon based on your unlocked weapon choices. With the addition of the ability to buy extra OP pieces this would be nice. Could also use this to introduce new shiny weapons that rival some of the more impressive elite/enhanced gear sets.
  8. Walvine Well-Known Player

Reactive expanding weapons for tech cannon emitters (like cyberpunk) for meta talon tendrils (like tyranids)for magic rune projections (doctor strange) in which these weapon parts expand out from those 3 themes wrist types while in combat but retract while out of combat , for both martial arts brawler and hand blaster they would expand from wrist , And then for melee weapons maybe reactive part expand out from hand palms and from projectile weapons them selves have expanding parts .
  9. Cutie Level 30

i really would like to have catwomans whip for one handed and a police riot shield for shield
  10. Captain Wonder Active Player

We need a beast weapon fighting type since we have all the animals styles. Weapon style claws
  11. Arkage New Player

Swifter 2 handed weapons. Something that would move more like a samurai or a jedi. I'm sure a lot of existing weapon styles could be recycled with it.

Maybe it would be a nice touch to introduce that with an episode focussing on Katana and/or the League of Assassins.
  12. greystar1223 New Player

Not so much styles, as I would like to see a whip weapon. You could do styles and make it look like a lasso or a giant yoyo, though.
  13. Rayakien New Player

I would like to see more Lantern Corp styles, maybe Star Sapphire ect.
  14. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

We already have an in-game Star Sapphire Style Set, but it's for Female Characters Only, because all the Star Sapphires were female, with only 1 exception (John Stewart.) If your characters are male, that would be why you don't have it.

EDIT: OOPS, I was thinking you meant clothing style, but you meant Weapon Style. Yeah, it is weird that we still don't have the Ring Construct Weapons for the other colors yet. :oops:
  15. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

Now with the new Lantern Orbital strikes (which I think might classify as a weapon), we should obtain all the rest (at cost like the rest) as well as the weapon styles.

As for the Star Sapphire... I suggest the "Cerebral", just as most use Mental as the power source when playing one...
    • Like x 1
  16. Ryuvain Active Player

Do the devs still read here? Just want to suggest claws again. Could be a paid extra weapon like shield? Please?
  17. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

As some have suggested in the past (and some laughed and pointed fingers at loss), it would be nice to be able to obtain past weapon styles, like the Wonder Woman shield. I myself had it, switched weapons, lost it, switched back later to no availability.
  18. SUPERMANISK19 New Player

The new weapon should be a wand and a whip.
  19. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

Improbable and bizarre as possible: Plastic Man/Elongated Man reactive gloves for Brawling. Random effects from spike balls to stretched punches. Just throwing this in for fun.
    • Like x 1
  20. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

What is the point of this thread? I have not seen any new weapon styles since the Bombshell Wonder Woman shield. Can we expect any of the suggestions that have been made?

Could we at the very least just keep i simple and have the following iconic styles released that already exist in the game:

Harley Quinn's mallet? Jokers crowbar? Wonder Woman's normal sheild? Aquaman's new trident? Star Girl's cosmic staff? Huntress's dual-wield crossbows? Hawkgirl's mace? Batman's Batarangs (as a dual handed or in hands martial arts weapon)? Katana's Soultaker sword? Wonder Woman's vambracer's (brawling)? or her god-killer sword? Green Arrow's bow? Lex Luthor's handblasters? Constantine's Holy shotgun? or knuckle dusters.

Seriously. SO MANY WEAPONS that already exist... as does this thread and we've seen nothing new in years!