Teen Titans Time Capsule!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 11, 2020.

1. SkullGang Devoted Player

More collections I will never complete.
    • Like x 1
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

Variety is the spice of life? There is a lot of super-serious stuff in game, but on occasion we get a fun "whimsical" style or addition. They didn't do this to specifically irritate a YouTuber. Some of us prefer the wacky stuff from comics instead of the grimdark. You better believe I'm dropping either the Harley Hammer or Rainbows for my orbitals and unicorns for my supply.

But, again, I'm not saying that everyone should love every design. I'm just saying that if you don't like it, you can express that without going way over the top like some of these people have. Reminds me of the reaction to the recent Harley Quinn series or Batwoman. I think the HQ series is hilarious, but it gets such vitriol. I realize EVERYone is stressed, but that also applies to the dev team. Deep breaths are needed all around (assuming you aren't in proximity to other people).
    • Like x 6
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m sad Terra’s hair isn’t in the capsule, will it be on the Ep39 vendor? I mean she’s *almost* in the episode.
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

You didn't need to strike out to emphasize me. That was already implied and there are more than just me who didn't like them that would include the consumer. I didn't say "everyone", but this thread is showing signs of what I'm talking about.

Cute and fun are great! This is an awful lot of it. Considering there are 10 feats associated with it. That's not fun. This isn't a seasonal. This is a time capsule lot box.

Also in your response to the youtuber, he always defended TC's. Just says a lot when he can't defend these. Not saying I think influencers are right or I blindly follow any of them, just saying that goes a long ways. It's like when Trex started to see things differently too.
    • Like x 1
  5. BumblingB I got better.

There is a difference between something on the side that is added in for a seasonal or joke and adding a joke to something that relies heavily on monetization and RNG for progression.

I agree, the game got dark and magic based and something light hearted would be great now and then, but the moment they stick it where you have to get them for progression makes it not fun.
    There are a lot of stress and problems. I'm sure the developers are scratching their heads by the reaction to this and to LOSH DLC. I don't think a lot of recent DLCs have been fun and I understand greatly how they are still humans and when you attack them, it's hard to detach from it.

Adding something like this to something already problematic to begin with makes for a very unpleasant experience.

I think they are cute. I like that they are getting a chance to do something "fun". I don't like the fact that there are 10 feats, almost 2 skill points involved with collecting them.
    • Like x 3
  6. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I think the strike out was pretty important to emphasize since you were trying to allude that "the consumer" is some type of monolith. Which is just not the case. I would have been fine if you said "some customers" or "can make a customer."

When you collect other emblems for the feats from TCs, what percentage of them do you think you actually use? And why can't you just lump these in with the "not going to use, but will collect for feats" percentage? I get that it stinks to feel like you have to collect something for feats, which is why I don't generally fuss over these types of things.

I just have an issue with *how* people have been expressing their displeasure. It's really over the top imo, and I don't think anyone should really put that much stock into what a youtuber says about styles he bought from a loot box regardless of their previous thoughts on loot boxes in general.
    • Like x 6
  7. Earth742 Well-Known Player

8. BumblingB I got better.

But it's not a wrong statement. "Consumer" encapsulates all buyers. It doesn't single any out, but you are trying to say I'm trying it's everyone. I'm not.

Oh, I don't like any of the feats in time capsules and I don't really care for emblems in general, but most of the older TC emblems _were_ emblems. These are emojis that fit in a fun one off tshirt if you associated it with real life. Where would you put these if you are a super hero? Would it be a clan of the robin or order of starfire? They are very niche that make them very disappointing that it's another throw away style. That's a lot of work that "some customers" will not want, but need to get.

The fuss is probably related to the train of the last DLC. I wont get into it, I will defend the devs when they get insulting and rude, but I'm not trying to be. These just are problematic to be included for a loot box and have so many feats attached.

Of course. That's a systemic issue with influencers in general. I'm still sticking by that when someone who's defended TC's tooth and nail and spent $100s (if not thousands) of dollars on them can't defend them, it says a lot.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to insult, discredit, or dismiss the work the devs are doing. They do a great job and have a lot on their plates. And most likely the marketing of how these were presented were not any part done by the artist who did them.
    • Like x 1
  9. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

How about proofs?;)
  10. Megzilla Developer

Sorry, no Terra hair this time around :(
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

And still no chance of fixing the original bob either, I suppose. :(
  12. Walvine Well-Known Player

They are several Ombre hair styles they began from from kryptonian time capsule they all use 2 instead of 1 colour .
    I'm psn so sharing screens are not so easy let's see umm. .this is standard version
    [IMG][IMG]
    Looks same style to me .
  13. Eve YouTuber

It's not the same style, not even close. And Terra's hairstyle is not Ombre, either.
    • Like x 4
  14. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

But we are not all the same customer with the same buying habits so trying to say that there is only one type of customer is just incorrect.

I don't see anything wrong with adding cute emojis as emblems. I think they would really look awesome on a t-shirt style for characters who want either just a causal look or one that lines up with their OC theme.

I don't really see how these emblems are any more "problematic" than other emblems/styles in TCs.

It doesn't say anything to me at all. It just shows that people have different spending habits and thus should be considered a single resource base for the dev team.
    • Like x 2
  15. Walvine Well-Known Player

Still looks like same cut to me Terra has long neck and smaller head than player head model ,There is also the pixie style that's much shorter which can be equipt with high collar chest pieces with out clipping to resemble her.
  16. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Not even close.
    • Like x 3
  17. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I think they were going for one of the more anime looks w these, the original titan tv show drew alot of inspiration from anime and might just be why it was so successful, same with the last airbender which is regarded as one of the best animated tv shows of all time.

I think alot if not most people realized why these emblems look the way they do, but it might be an age group thing...
    • Like x 1
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Dawn, I'm not saying we are, but as a consumer we both are. Consumer is both singular and plural, like "you". By me saying it makes the "consumer feel cheated", I'm not saying anything to imply it is everyone. Just as much as you can't say everyone will like them. The comments in this thread are proof of that.

There is nothing wrong with adding cute emojis, there is everything wrong with them being marketed as a perk to a time capsule and grants you almost 2 SP worth of feats.

Which again, it's not the fault of the art department. I really think they are well done.

They are because they take a place of styles that could have benefited a larger group than the few niche casual themed OCs you mentioned above. Or they could have just been a bundle on the MP for players to outright buy who wanted them. They aren't, they were included in a lottery box that has progression added to them. That's problematic and the response to them in apparent in this thread.

Okay.

Again, I am not mad at the designers or wanting to insult them in any way, but these do make a "consumer feel cheated". :p
  19. Kuno Loyal Player

Can anyone confirm that the Raven hood as reward for opening 15 capsules comes with feathers and jewel integrated?
    So frustating, FINALLy we get a hood with hair but also feathers and jewel? Anything else? I want a hood with hair not a Xmas tree.
  20. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player