Teen Titans: Judas Contract & Augments!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 18, 2018.

1. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

Thanks for this list, but when the lock-up/crash occurred, I did a hard restart. EVERY TIME. Everything is updated, obsessively so. I've already checked & rechecked my firewall settings. After the first uninstall & reload, I made sure the firewall *ALLOWED* the game to pass through, even with automatic scanning. As I had mentioned previously, these freezes/disconnects happened a few episodes ago, and DBG provided a patch that corrected the problem. There is no loose internet cable problem because I use wi-fi....and before you point that out, I already had my wi-fi router checked. Everything is working as it should. My service provider recently updated their hard & software, so the problem is not on their end.
    I appreciate the help, but as I said, this happened before & we (myself & my 'IT guy') went through all of this, and the problem was on DBG's end, NOT MINE.
    No, I am not a computer expert. I am slightly more knowledgeable than an average user, mostly due to the fact my 'IT Guy' has a lifetime of experience in the field from the days of the LEM (if you don't know what that is, fee free to look it up, I won't be insulted & am not trying to be insulting); when he retired he started rebuilding laptops as a hobby, and he is extremely meticulous doing so. Which has saved my machines from catastrophic crashes that would have otherwise cost me thousands to replace.

So I am left to conclude it's NOT on my end. I have already done a full uninstall & wipe of the game from my system & will have to live vicariously, as I did before downloading the game originally, through YouTube gameplay videos.

At least now, as I mentioned, I can catch up on my reading.
  2. Djem So New Player

Perhaps the augments system of DC Universe Online may prove more beneficial assuming that there is a strategic/tactical advantage provided by the augments as opposed to mere stats. In fact, the central dilemma of mods, skill points, and now augments, is that they essentially provide the exact stats that are provided by your CR. The mere fact that a person at cr 150, for instance, is unable to achieve consistent success in content such as Blackest Day Elite due to possessing reduced mods or skill points is in itself a contradiction to the ideal model of progression. As opposed to providing merely stats, perhaps the augments could function as passives instead, and can be upgraded over time. For instance, there can be an augment that possesses the following passive ability:

"Whenever you are in combat, you have a 1% chance to convert an incoming attack into a heal."

This particular augment can be upgraded over time, and perhaps the percentage may increase proportionally with the investments. This augment is unique in such that it does not provide the stats that should be satisfied by your CR, but it provides a legitimate strategic advantage that becomes more valuable over time.

In regards to skill points, considering the amount of collaboration and time required for the completion of feats, perhaps it may be more logical for feats to provide permanent currency discounts that increase the more feats you complete. This particular bonus can coexist with the bonus of earning one additional skill point for every 100 feat points. Perhaps a player can receive a 1% discount for all currencies at the onset of the game, and as players obtain more feats, this percentage can increase to a significant amount. In this way, the time invested by players such as SirKillYou will be honored.

The expectation is that the vast majority of one's stats are to be allocated to gear. In this way, players are able to complete content so long as they satisfy the minimum CR requirement. Skill points should provide the corresponding bonus described above as well as additional stats for those who seek to be slightly stronger than those at the equivalent CR. It is indeed unfortunate for one's incredible investments in New Justice Underground mods to be completely discarded. Therefore, those who are victim to such a deficiency should receive considerably more currency, or "golden exobytes", so as to obtain an advantage in their augment upgrade (that is, strategic augments similar to the one described above).

The inability to seek value in one's work is primarily due to the fact that the upgrades (mods, skill points, and now augments) provide the exact stats that should be provided by one's gear/CR. A currency discount is a bonus that can prove especially beneficial in the long term, seeing as a number such as 322 skill points can only maintain its value until the stat points capacity increases. In other words, numbers are infinite in nature, and they never end. A discount in currency and a strategic passive for an augment does not depreciate over time. If anything, it can only improve.
  3. UnbreakableII Well-Known Player

No, you can't
  4. WADE Well-Known Player

well you kinda can in a long way....premium and own
    some or most of the dlc's.... or take advantage when
    there is open episodes and level up that way.... or do open
    dlc's when they first come out cause you can do them
    if your above lvl 10 until the next episode comes out....
    • Like x 1
  5. Dagyr Doom Level 30

Well there's your silver lining!
    • Like x 1
  6. Dagyr Doom Level 30

No you gotta be level 30 to hit that CR level.
  7. Earth742 Well-Known Player

fyi, the Augments Tab is NOT the same as Augments; it is the place where Augments are slotted.
    When a toon of mine hit level 22 or 24, they received a box of Augments, so I guess these basic ones are rolled out when they hit that level (or other criteria if it was something other than level), and more advanced Augments are available via the episodic content.
  8. Jason Rage Active Player

Concerning the Catalysts needed to break thru on the Cybernetic Augments, are they random drops or is there a vendor I have missed somewhere?
  9. firerob Level 30

if I have all the runes y agument full and I want to change power I lose everything ?? example
    from tank to healer do I have to start from livel 24 ??
  10. Irvynnge Loyal Player

you buy them off Constantine.
    • Like x 1
  11. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

So I didn’t really like the last few capsules so ive just ran the missions and collected the stabilizers... kinda gonna be upset if the one dlc that would ( or could) produce a great style set doesn’t end up with one... i know everyone else like dreads capsules but i have 14 just from logging in everyday and running the mission, the stuff can be free
  12. firerob Level 30

then it does not suit me to change power if I should start again, no no; (((. I like answers from some admin
  13. firerob Level 30

then it does not suit me to change power if i should start again,... not ! no!!!
    I LIKE ANSWERS FROM SOME ADMIN
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

When you changed powers, you still had to change your mods. This is less work with augments.
  15. Em Rold New Player

Mepps, quick observation: since we now have the new titans dlc & new look to Robins can we update Robin thars in East End police department next to gordon please?! This is all & Thank you all for your dedicated efforts.
  16. qECLIPSEp Well-Known Player

Mepps, I can only assume that we are about to get another Time Capsule, do to in a normal circumstance every previous Time Capsule has had Gear that has been equivalent to the CR of the new DLC. I only reach this assumption based on the Kryptonian Time Capsule only drops max 202 gear.
    Is my assumption correct sir?
  17. EconoKnight XIII Legion

It hasn’t yet been 6 weeks since the Kryptonian capsule dropped, so still a little early for a new one. Following their recent pattern, I would expect a new Booster Bundle within the next two weeks.
  18. qECLIPSEp Well-Known Player

Understandable, the Kryptonian Time Capsule was made for a permanent event. The Death of Superman stuff was not a true DLC in a since do to no CR advancement was within it. Before this Time Capsule Came the Assassin's Time Capsule which came out a week after Deluge dropped. A new time capsule has drop a week after a DLC drop until this last one.
    What I am saying is within a couple of weeks a new one should drop so it realigns the Time Capsule drop dates when Atlantis drops in November.
  19. EminaJUH New Player

Wait, wait... The red, yellow and blue exobyte are useless now?
  20. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

With this being one of the transition splash panels, I have to look at it quite a bit.
    So, I find myself asking "What' is Robin smoking?"

Maybe it will be obvious to other now without me even saying anything more.

It is right there in his left hand. See it?