TBH, I’m willing to run Omnibus, but I need more incentive.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cerulean Osprey, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

I don’t mind running old content and, while I’m sure there are outliers that need refinement, I feel the stat clamp is in a healthy spot.

But even as someone who champion’d the stat clamp and this new re-organization for old content and rewards, I feel we need more incentive to re-run things. Sure, I’ll gladly re-run my favorite raids, but if I have to re-run content I don’t care for, I have to admit… I need more incentive.

For instance, did a 20 minute run in Smallville alert. Stat clamp was appropriate. Group was efficient and we went through it painlessly. It was nice to re-run it and re-experience it for the first five minutes, but to be honest, if I need Source Marks, I felt like my time would be better served to just spam FOS3. The daily/weekly Omnibus rewards just don’t seem that enticing— we get marks for completing the daily/weekly journal mission, and seemingly the rewards box grants random loot from old content.

It’d be nice if this went toward a feat. Or have the option to earn a Grain of Time.
    • Like x 7
  2. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I posted this in another thread but the only way omnibus makes sense is for it to drop Grains Of Time and OP ep 41 catalysts.
    • Like x 8
  3. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

I agree. Like, yes, I LOVE being able to re-run my old favorites at level, and this new direction could be good for pairing newer players with vets. But as it stands, I’m just going to clear the mission from my journal, and either run FoS3 or my favs whenever I need SM.
  4. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I'd be ok with a daily mission run from the omnibus of each for two or three of the new marks.
    • Like x 3
  5. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The incentive would be to run Omnibus for the new Iconic Weapon boxes and send them to ObsidianChill on USPS and he will give you a hug and bake you cookies
    • Like x 1
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Lol
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They added rare drop pets to some past raids that are selling for $500 mil to $999 mil. There are also feats attached to these pets.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What kind of cookies?
    • Like x 1
  9. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

what kind would you like? :D
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Jamaican chocolate chip.
    [IMG]
  11. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

Hmmm, when you put it that way… that IS a good reason to run Omnibus.

Lol, I’m expecting a video of OC baking cookies on his channel and initiating an in-game trade.

We can sell the iconic weapons on the broker too, yes?
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

that doesn't sound as fun though

[IMG]
  13. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Well, the topic is the Omnibus system. You're referring to very specific raids having an incentive. I guess your implication is to queue for an Omnibus raid and then repeatedly decline until you randomly get the exact raid you need for the pet. Considering there are 88 raids and only a handful have had an expensive pet added, you're going to spend a lot of time queueing, declining, and requeueing. And that certainly isn't the intent of the Omnibus system.
    • Like x 1
  14. Blight KOBRA Commander

Agreed. If the devs wanted to do this right they would have made the new marks award-able in ALL the old content not just a specific few at a time.
  15. MrWood Well-Known Player

This is a slippery slope here. I get what you are saying, but at the same time if you dont want to run Omnibus, just dont run it. You shouldn't feel forced to like something. I only think its good for raids. I dont use it for alerts or duos.

I would like a veto option during the 60 sec confirmation que. If we get smallville and 3 ppl veto then it should just change the alert and throw us in the next random alert. The problem here would be the mixing of custom ques with omnibus. So, if those mix then it can't be done.
  16. Aren Sul Committed Player

I agree with you. It's good, but needs to be better for characters at the current episode level. x If their goal is to attract current-episode-level players to engage in lower level content, it really needs a decent incentive. I mentioned it in the survey as well, by pointing out that I used to be able to get 8 marks for a weekly that took a lot less time.

I also see that they're looking into increasing the marks given which is a good way to go. Whatever they come up with needs to fit in that niche between the gain for lower-level appropriate awards (e.g. scaling gear to 280) and current level rewards (Save the Universe - Grains of Time).

And, yes, baked goods are always a welcome incentive ;-)
  17. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Agreed. Give me incentive to run it and run it on alts too. Make it enjoyable and worth running. Because right now, Sunstone Matrix is where I get my source marks currently.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Or you could just not do that, skip the Omnibus and queue for the raids you want to run.
  19. TheDrone Well-Known Player

The OP was talking about his experience with the Omnibus system and how it could be made better. Your suggestion is "don't use it". That's very helpful and totally on-topic.
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Trying to nitpick semantics with me is more off topic than what my original statement to the OP was. Good day.