Tanks

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Imsms08, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Imsms08 New Player

Can tanks get some type of % based stat for them to spec their skill points and mod their gear for already? Could be something simple as adding more control resistance to the +15 health and +10 def. or an extension of the duration of the blue immunity duration. All the other roles have one while tanks don't. Would at least give tanks a little more depth spec wise.
    • Like x 2
  2. Gadget*Switch New Player

Are you getting the resistance stats from movement tree? Plus your 30% control resistance from trinket & the 2 tank / group immunity powers. With some power sets you have powers that gives 10% in tank role.
    • Like x 1
  3. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I see a ton off tanks not using the group immunity powers. Life's so much easier when you see those words immune fly off you and say thanks tank
    • Like x 3
  4. Imsms08 New Player

I am getting those movement resistance and using both immunities but my point is that tanks don't have any % bases stat that dps, controllers, and healers get from gear and skill points. These are the first thing that those three classes spec into and for also. As a tank it feels as if they get shafted and should be something else to us worth specing toward.
  5. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Dom health defence in that order. Use that not enough? Tank mechanics are your percentages. A control resistance percentage would make self immunity a useless power. And you have that in movement which no other role has to spec into. What crit stat percentage would a tank need because all those first innate are for some form off crit. Although they should rethink the affinity bonuses for tanks to make then relevant
  6. Imsms08 New Player

A lot of mmo's have % based stats that are tank oriented. Ex Dodge, block, parry and glancing blow (chance or reducing incoming hit) the only one I think they could use would be the glaring blow chance/magnitude. Tanks have now chance/magnitude to spec for which is unfortunate.
  7. Nuubia Well-Known Player

I think this is an AWESOME idea that we need to push for.

A lot of other tanks feel we do not feel like tanks when we are constantly juggled/cc'd all the time. This particularly spells doom for certain tanks like fire or rage.

Tank mod affinities are really not that great, hence why many tanks just disregard them and mod all blues. I think they need to be critical in the way that the other affinities are must-haves for all the other roles.

Maybe it could look something like this

Head: 5% control resistance
    Shoulders: **
    Chest: 5% control resistance
    Legs: **

** I am not sure what should go here but here are some ideas:
    % increase in group immunity duration
    % increase ability/chance to CC enemies
    % recovery reaction time from counters
    % increase in blue immunity duration
    % increased down time when enemies countered
    • Like x 1
  8. SnowStar Committed Player

It is a really nice sight to see, those immunities popping atop my teammates heads
    • Like x 1
  9. Makineko Committed Player

I try to use the group immunity powers, however the Trolls I've come across hero side have been shockingly bad. Considering the small power pool Tanks have to work with it makes the job harder. I managed to get a mod to help out with that but I've only come across 1 good Troll. Trying to Rage tank with no PoT or power is very hard, achievable but a lot harder.
    • Like x 2
  10. StopPerving Dedicated Player

He's referring to the 2 immunity powers in each tank's Powers trees. Not 2 tanks. However.. I do know something that you won't be solo tanking :)
  11. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

Thats why my Tank is retired
  12. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Instead of Crit Chance and Crit Mag tanks % stats can be these.

Gear Base stats each properly colored mods provides a 1% increase
    % increase for resistance to Root
    % increase for resistance to Stuns

Weapon Stats - 3 in weapon provides the following
    % increase in immunity - 11 weapons equaling a total of 11% increase

How is that?