TANKS & RESTO

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Pack_Mane, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Pack_Mane Well-Known Player

Exactly what tank powers are improved by resto?

As a Ice Tank?

Thank you
  2. Dogico Loyal Player

Ice and Fire would benefit the most from resto because resto is used for the former's shields and the latter's self-heals. Earth and Rage don't benefit as much and idk how resto factors into Atomic.
    • Like x 1
  3. SrirachaMayn Well-Known Player

bitter winds, shatter, winter ward, any shield other than reflect. however, resto will bump up the healing recieved when hitting reflect and using the regen shield mod. the gains however would be very minimal

edit: i should say, the healin gains from the white mod would be minimal from spec'n resto.
  4. Diligent Diggles Well-Known Player

I think Fire is the only one who really needs Resto.

As far as I know, Rage stacks health off of damage taken in.

Ice has infinte shields.

Earth I don't know too much about.
  5. Dogico Loyal Player

Rage stacks health based off number of enemies and dominance.

Ice doesn't have infinite shields (all Ice shields except Reflect mitigate damage equal to resto+dom).

Earth uses absorption, which has no stats attached to it.
    • Like x 1
  6. Pack_Mane Well-Known Player

Here's the dilemma,

When spending my SP's I got every tree that had a Dom Boost , now after finishing those trees do I

Spec into another tree like Martial Arts with 0 Dom boosts and work my way down or

Go back in all the trees I finished and grab the resto boost?

232 SP's
  7. Diligent Diggles Well-Known Player

Yeah, I knew I was completely off on something :D
  8. Dogico Loyal Player

What power are you?
  9. Harlequin Devoted Player

You should have gone after Resto first for the stronger shields. You get more Resto per SP than you do Dom. Basically, so long as I meet the minimum Dom for the content I'm running, everything else goes into Resto.

To answer your question, grab all the Resto you can.
  10. Pack_Mane Well-Known Player

Ice

And I just switched to it

So what I'm getting is that resto is what makes my reflect and my winds more effective
    And my Dom is worth nothing more than a stat needed to pull Adds
  11. Dogico Loyal Player

It's not that dom is useless - sside from Reflect all of your shields' strength is equal to resto+dom - it's just that speccing for resto as an Ice tank will usually give you more bang for your buck. For example, T2 innates give 3 dom (6 in tank stance) and 10 resto for each point you put into them. 10>6, so modding for resto would be more beneficial.
    • Like x 1
  12. DeathZakid Well-Known Player

Ice shields besides reflect work off dom + resto. Say you have 4000 and 6000 resto. Your shield can take up to 10,000 damage. People spec resto because resto has a higher value than dom in the skill point tree like many in this thread have said.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jcal Dedicated Player

Make sure you also grab the Tier 3 Restoration innates in your weapon trees.

+90 Restoration for the cost of 3 SP.
    • Like x 1
  14. Dibrie Committed Player

Fire is the only power that has a real benfite of restoration as in a powerset spec nescesery stat
    For the rest of tank powersets its just minimimal icing on the cake with nothing more benefits, as is in personal prefences.
    Except rage ,migating damage has nothing to do with self healing or crit healing

I would get my powerset stats first and the icing for me would be a duel spec.

Funny fact for every 500 dom you get 1second immunity of stun juggle knockback.
    • Like x 1
  15. Dibrie Committed Player

• Like x 2
  16. SSeid Committed Player

Since your main shield is reflection, meaning you rely on that to keep you alive when the highest dmg comes ( or at least thats how you should be using it ). You should focus on taking your dominance as high as possible. This includes mods ( dom + hp ) for blue red, and of course SP.
    This doesn't mean you should neglect resto. After you are done taking all the T3 innates you can with health and dominance then you should go for the T3 restoration and use ( resto + hp )mods for yellow slots.

While restoration has more of an impact on your secondary shields, it has no effect on reflection. However dominance affects all your shields.
    It is better to buff all your shields and then focus on buffing the secondary ones, rather than going the other way round, as this will leave you with a "weaker" reflection.
    • Like x 1
  17. iLoveDCUO Well-Known Player

Resto is not necessary as an Ice tank. Look at my youtube videos prior to this DLC being released. Solo'd almost every freakin' round spec'd hybrid not as an Ice Tank at all. Almost solo tanked RD 8 even 137 hybrid spec'd. The moment people tell me how much dom and other bogus tank stats they have is the immediate moment I quit listening to their tanking. I always spec as a DPS and throw on tank gear.

People will argue oh that's not how to do it blah blah blah. Well I'll argue I've gotten every difficult feat in the game without ever changing my spec...death proof, hat trick legit no stupid console glitch, granny gold star, SM rounds as Hybrid. You are in my buddy Marluxia XIII league. He'll tell you how I tank just fine without the so called proper spec. If you have any questions about the powers of Ice, Rage, or Earth, Hit me up. Because I have all 3 actively tanking right now. iLoveDCUO my rage tank aNGeLofReVenGe my Ice Tank MagnitudeOver9ooo my Earth Tank. And everyone of them has over 2k precision with all damage crits. I'll be happy to help out a league mate of one of my friends.
    • Like x 2
  18. Princess Zero Well-Known Player

I've seen ice tanks go dominance.
  19. Pults Loyal Player

That's great if you're doing well without properly distributing dominance/restoration but that doesn't mean everyone else will have such an easy time doing so.
    Dominance is important for all tanking powers, restoration for some.
  20. iLoveDCUO Well-Known Player

I'm a firm believer that if I can do it, anyone can. My buttons on my controller are no different than the next persons. I also understand your statement. Not everyone will have such an easy time doing it. But with proper practice and effort and coaching I feel anyone can be good at anything they want on this game. It's not like it's physically demanding. You are simply pressing buttons.

I'm a healer first. Tank second. Unfortunately, the lack of tanks in the game have others saying otherwise about me because I'm almost always helping someone tank. I don't blame that on tanks. I blame it on stupid easy mode AM DPS powers getting buffed and nerfed with people power token switching and not putting enough effort into one or the other power. But I'm always down to help someone get a feel for it.

If you want to practice feel free to hit me up. There isn't any other way to practice properly except go into something challenging and get smacked around a bit to test your limits. Tanking content that is too easy or waiting until you are max geared doesn't make you a better tank. I'll let anyone that's putting in good effort tank and fail until they succeed in our groups. Our league is patient with people that actually want to learn.