Tank Vs Tank! Revamp Edition

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by L T, Nov 22, 2017.

1. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

It is nice. I hold on to that mod every gear swap. That little bit of extra health comes in quite handy being a Fire Tank.
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I guess I should trash my Aftershock armory then. Not that I was ever one of those AS spammers. I actually prefer Brick tanking.
  3. Cacca Well-Known Player

4. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

I don’t understsnd your charts lol but I still enjoyed the time you took to research Rage tanking. Though, I didn’t see hybrid tanking or the percentage cap for dominance and restoration. I like using Severe Punishment and Redirected Rage. Though instead of Remorseless Recovery I have Channeled Hate with the empowered channeling hand mod.
  5. L T Devoted Player

Each tick of remorseless recovery is 18.8% of your Dominance+Restoration. Haven't checked Channel Hate. Channel Hate may be good with empowered channeling, but it doesn't buff your defense as much as Remorseless will.
    • Like x 1
  6. Cyro Committed Player

Have you manged to find the defense formula?
  7. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Remorseless Recovery is situational in that you have to do damage in order to receive health and it’s only six ticks. Could you further explain how Channeled Hate doesn’t buff up your defense as much as Remorseless Recovery? Also, the 18.8% is that for both roles? What would be the ideal number cap for dominance and restoration?

Example: As a tank I have over 5k dominance and restoration is around 3-4k. Did I exceed the cap or??

I like using Channeled Hate only with the empowered channeling hand mod. Reasons why is because I am guaranteed health while Remorseless Recovery you have to keep doing damage and it’s only six ticks. That might not be the best reason lol but I love the ability to not be vulnerable to interrupt. Using Fortified Assault neck mod combined with empowered channeling hand mod to me seems useful. However, I might mess around with Remorseless Recovery and see how it fairs. Perhaps I can substitute the hand mod with something else.
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

Since the probably best way to Rage Tank is with Fortified Assault (active tanking) you will do damage all the time. I use Bow as a tank weapon of choice and doing good damage with Smoke Bomb. Also the Block Breaker is really fast, which comes in handy very often.

Remorseless Recovery brings you into your Fervor state like Severe Punishment does (tank role). This state increases your defenses by 50% while not blocking, bringing it up to 100% with your Tank passive, practically granting you a 100% defense buff whether you're blocking or not.
    Empowered channeling increases your defense by 5%.

100% <-> 55 %

The healing percentage is 18,8% in both roles.

There is no such thing as an "ideal number cap". Reason is simple: It is percentage based.

5000 dom + 5000 resto = 1880 Health (18,8%)
    5500 dom + 5500 resto = 2068 Health (18,8%)
    and so on.
    The more of those two stats you have, the higher your healing will be.

So if you have 5k+4k as you mentioned, your healing will be around 1692 Health. You cannot exceed a percentage based cap since it goes up as the cap's variables (your stats) go up. Remember though that this healing is still tied to your damage done. If you do lower damage than your healing cap, you won't get the max amount of healing.

The plus side of Remorseless Recovery is that you have your Fervor (+50% defense) for 12 seconds (same as its cooldown) whereas with Severe Punishment you only have 8seconds.

Now, with GU77 coming today SP will give you 15s of Fervor basically enabling you to permanently have the 100% defense buff while not blocking. In doing so Remoreseless Recovery isn't as useful anymore.
    But instead of replacing it with Channel Hate, I still recommend using Hardlight Shield or Amazonian Deflection instead. They are way better defensive abilities in sticky situations where your CH-Healing will not help you.
  9. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Bow into smokebomb supposedly is the fotm and I’m sure you’re hybrid. I’m not running hybrid so I don’t use weapon combos. My concern isn’t doing damage I do damage with Channeled Hate and E.Chain. Don’t misunderstand me, im not using Channeled Hate only. I understand the defense buff. I try and keep my fervor up at all times. Basically having fervor up (Severe Punishment) puts you at 100% correct well if you combine it with a channeling power using the hand mod which gives you a defense buff as well wouldn’t that be 105%? If that isn’t supposed to work like that then I can agree I can put another power more useful. A useful thing about the hand mod is I’m not vulnerable to being countered. I’m not sure how to feel about Amazonian Deflection because it’s a block ability but also a shield. The only times you need to block is when it’s needed so I can put something more useful such as Ire or a personal choice, still this comes down to what you prefer.

I’m not even gonna bother with Remorseless Recovery lol when people talk numbers with me it doesn’t become any clearer we as rage tanks would use Severe Punishment then Redirected Rage to compensate. Thanks to GU77 I don’t have to do that anymore. Flexibility seems to be what the update has given us in terms of rage tanking. My loadout is Ragebringer-Severe Punishment-Redirected Rage-Without Mercy-E.Chain-Channeled Hate

From that I can possibly take out Redirected Rage and Channeled Hate to fit my style more. I don’t seem to have any trouble doing any content from my current cr. I’m thinking about Infuriate it’s basically a supercharged version of Remorseless Recovery and with the supercharge artifact it should work nicely. That’s just my theory, but all in all, I’m looking forward to the update and can’t wait to experiment further.
  10. Schimaera Devoted Player

I spec only tack innates. No might, no precision at all. It is just my weapon of choice. Fast interrupt that also has a CC. The damage is a nice bonus and nothing more.
    Reason I said that I use bow is just because I do. I don't talk about things I know nothing about and I tank with the bow weapon for quite a few years now. So it's only logical that this is my example :)

Neither is mine. But it's neat and other things with Bow just have more value to me.

Nope.

50% innate Defense Buff + Fervor Buff = 100%

Fervor lasts for 8 seconds (duration of Severe Punishment) but the cooldown of SP is 12 seconds. So for 4 seconds you just have 50% defense buff.
    Using Channel Hate in the meantime just means 50% + 5% (also I'm not sure if the 5% are additive or multiplicative).
    That's why people used Remorseless Recovery, so that both Fervor skills would overlap to ensure a 100% uptime of Fervor (100% defense buff in total).
    With today's GU77 it's irrelevant now, since Fervor now lasts longer than the cooldown of Severe Punishment.
    Just take it as a "the more you know" - information :D

You don't use Amazonian Deflection for the fact that you are blocking. You use it because it is probably the strongest damage absorbing shield of them all. The blocking is more of a grain of salt than a blessing. But the positive effects outweight the negative ones.

I don't undestand this passage. Just because you don't understand something in detail should not mean you are not going to bother with it at all. That's why you have others in the community that can recommend such things to you. Have some faith in us :) (also, this is now irrelevant due to GU77 ^^ )
  11. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

So they technically just made the strongest tank stronger and fire got nothing LOL got to love DC dev logic.
    • Like x 2
  12. Cyro Committed Player

Strongest tank and one of the strongest dps....Looks like dc will be becoming a shade of red

That being said fire has always been the underdog so its not surprising.
    • Like x 2
  13. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Damn it, so basically I was wrong in thinking that it would overlap the 100% defense buff with Channeled Hate using the hand mod? Guess I have to take off my hand mod and put something else. It’s weird though, being in tank role grants you 50% defense then using Severe Punishment puts you at 100% and immediately using Channeled Hate with the hand mod should increase it to 105% no? That’s how I assumed it should have worked but if it doesn’t thanks for sharing that valuable information and I will definitely make some changes.

When is it good to use Amazonian Deflection? You know what’s ironic, my starting weapon is a bow lol but my character is called Kryptonian Being and him using bow doesn’t fit so I stick to brawling.
  14. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

I’ve been fire for 7 years and constantly fighting the urge to change power is draining. But yh, no decision the devs make surprises me anymore. Hasn’t for years. That’s a sad thing to say considering most of their decisions are questionable. At least I have a rage alt lol
    • Like x 2
  15. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

*eyes rolling* but still holding on to hope. If anyone is looking for me, I'll be in the corner with the blue puffy cheeks.
    • Like x 1
  16. Schimaera Devoted Player

Well it does add up to 105% when you are:

- in Tank role and not blocking (+50%)
    - in Fervor (Severe Punishment or Redirect rage) (+50%)
    - using the Channel mod and Channel Hate (+5%)

If the one in the middle ends or you go into block its less.
  17. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

I see phew thank you. You almost gave me a “heart attack “ ;) lol
  18. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

Succumb to the urge. If you play football games, why pick Tottenham when you can choose Barcelona
  19. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Why choose either when I can choose Liverpool and beat the tryhards using Barca anyway ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. Korlick Loyal Player

Classic Fire.
    • Like x 2