Tank Vs Tank! Revamp Edition

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by L T, Nov 22, 2017.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So I actually use pheromone bloom to activate EoG which is a 2500 sc and has a cooldown of roughly 10 seconds I think after it gets the soul cloak reduction. Probably more but not gonna do the math lol. Between soul cloak, EoG, and extended SC I and casting pheromone bloom as soon as I get off cooldown. I have been using the SC generator too but will now be testing if I can maintaintye sc without using the sc generator. During the elite raid I started out with max SC and by the end of the raid I was one hit away rom being maxed out at the end.
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I have been thinking about going rage to test it out with EoG. My thinking was that since I’d be able to use EoG almost right away I was thinking of using EoG each time that rage mode was not actives and use rage mode to rebuild SC. Since rage has so much health it would see far larger ticks than any other tank.

Also how do the manacles affect rage crash? Do the manacles absorb the damage from rage crash too? Or is the counted as something separate?
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I would definitely recommend this for anyone using the PP ability. However I use the pheromone bloom sc from iconic tree. The cooldown is 12 seconds at base I think (have to check again when I get home). So I am currently spamming it as soon as it comes out of cooldown. Since I’m using the sc every 10 seconds more or less (haven’t done the math) it means That I have to build my sc a lot faster.

Also, most healers don’t run ally heals for some reason lol. This means that brick isn’t getting healed as much unless I heal him myself lol. As atomic I ended up the raid with more healing out than the rage tank. However less than the healers. (I was main tank my damage in was more than 2x of the rage tank lol). While I was earth, my healing out was keeping up to the healers since I was healing brick by a lot along with any pet trinkets people brought out lol.

Another thing I should note is that while i earth EoG tank I use the bow into smokescreen mastery. I do this not for the damage but because smokescreen is a great CC move that keeps all adds stunned. This also helps with add tanking since I can keep adds somewhat controlled. This also helps me maintain damage even with 0 skill points being put in damage stats.

Currently I have tanked elite as atomic and earth. Earth is a little bit trickier since you rely on smokescreen for cc and if brick dies you need your shield to take some damage for you. As earth, since I have used unstoppable I would have EoG up at all times. If Brock ever died I would clip what ever I was doing at that moment with gem stone shield i combo gem stone a few times while brick was coming out of cooldown and clip the gem stone combo with brick.

As atomic I would not use a shield and instead run the sc generator. I thought I would feel squishy without a shield but between EoG, colas, and sidekick and boo I didn’t feel to bad. There are times when instincts took over and I tried to use a shield but couldn’t. This is why I want to test this build now without the SC generator. I want to see if I can maintain PB spamming without the sc generator.
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Btw, sorry for multiple back to back post, just came back to the forums so can’t remember how to quote multiple people using my phone lol.
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

Heyo mate, I just came home and it's 3am so I'm only gonna target that specific point - rest may follow after a long sleep :)

The way I understand the Manacles of Force is that it doesn't absorb damage at all.

Let's say you take a 100k hit. The manacles reduce the initial hit to 50K but the other 50k are dealt to you over the next X seconds. So yes, it prevents a full rage crash but it still returns all the damage over time. So it's not that good to prevent the full crash without a shield but rather to put less stress on the healers since the hits you take from enemies are "lowered".
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Sorry for not being clear lol. But test that’s what I assumed it did. Used wrong phrase haha. As long as it reduced the initial rage crash than its great lol.

I’ll be honest thou, for other powers I haven’t seen it prec yet. They honestly should’ve made it so that if you take 30% of your health as damage within a few seconds window for it to proc. ATM most things don’t hit hard enough from what I’ve seen toon proc the artifact. If it did proc than I haven’t seen the animation.

Has anyone gotten the manacles to proc? I am considering changing the manacles for a different artifact.
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

I dont have the artifact but u should see it proc in elite content when u block skull attacks, in throne elite blocking Corum Raths skull attack still deals 70k damage.

If u dont play elite content, the artifact most likely will never proc.
  8. codyxrhstou Well-Known Player

Manacles of force proc really often in elite content,more than they should have imo.

Everytime I activate Severe Punishment and Murk blockbreaks me before Im able to counter him my manacles will proc just because he damaged me for 31% of my health.Same with some of Corum Rath's melee combos aswell as one of sea beast's attack(not talking about skull attacks).

The point with this artifact is that it wasnt supposed to proc all the time since devs themselves said its more of a clutch artifact.While in elite raids getting hit for 30% of your health happens constantly,so as rage or fire(since they seem like the powers this artifact procs the most with) you gotta find a way to force it not to proc so that it gets activated when you actually need it. :p

But I wouldnt consider of swapping it with another one,its the best artifact tanks can get atm,from the stats view,5%health,3% dominance,3% restoration (aside from Eye of Gemini its the only artifact that buffs both your dominance and restoration).From the interaction point of view,it allows you to survive one shots....or 35k hits in some cases.
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I have not seen them prec for me just yet. Maybe they did without me noticing since I’m elite I’m always focused on everything around me. And lately my focus has been on my sc lol. I’ll try to keep a closer eye.
  10. Cyro Committed Player

So i may be coming back to the game and was wondering how each tank power ranks up(i usually like to go with the worst tank power) i was also wondering about the new artifacts their names and specific effects
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

“Worst” would be fire. This is only because it needs more skill to compete with other tanks. Next one is ice only because if a shield breaks at the wrong time and your other shields are on cooldown than you become the squishiest of all tanks. Thou this is a bit rare. Atomic rage and earth are probably neck and neck for best tanks. I’d say that best is rage. If you learn to rage tank than it becomes easy mode tanking. Than it’s atomic. As long as you keep the aura up you’re essentially immortal. Earth is only 3rd because if your healers don’t know how to heal brick than you won’t have fun lol.

I suggest reading back the last few pages. I’ve been talking to others about Gemini tanking.

Artifacts:
    Eye of Gemini: in tank role Gemini will leave and aoe field that heals allies based on 3% of your max health. Will also regen everyone’s sc within the field by 2%. This is all down every second for 6 seconds while you and all allies stand within the field.
    -it gives no base stats but gives a 3% boost to every stat.

Manacles of force: if you take at least 30% if yiur maximun health in damage you will absorb 50% of that damage and it will be distributed back to you as a dot over the next 5 seconds instead of a burst. This can only happen every 45 seconds. Also, all your shields have a reduced cooldown by 10% which stacks with other cooldowns.

These are the 2 new tank artifacts. I use both in conjunction with the soul cloak for even more sc regen. For a Gemini build.
  12. Cyro Committed Player

Thanks so it sounds like nothing has changed for tanking since i last played.

Where do you get Manacles?
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

Right now from completing any difficulty stage of "The Throne" Atlantis operation. When the event ends, you can buy it from John Constantine in either the Hall of Doom or the Watchtower. So depending on your CR I recommend queueing up for The Throne Event version or the other ones.
  14. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

Hy guys, I've been contemplating coming back, and I was interested in some tips with fire tanking. So I was thinking of running either eternal flames or reignition and utilizing the supercharge focused articfacts and white mods in order to make the supercharges more viable. Is this a realistic strategy. Since I've been back, one of things I've noticed is that fire lacks an oh crap heal outside of those supercgarges and if I were to add them to my loadout, I'd like them to be amazingly useful.

So in short, is running a supercharge focused fire tank build viable?
  15. L T Devoted Player

Yes. Most people who are doing it are running perfect poise or pheromone bloom as their supercharge though, because those are 25%.

If I had to pick a fire one, I'd go with eternal flame. It's amazingly useful when it's available.
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I personally absolutely love Eye of Gemini on fire tanks. Fire tanks have high health which means that EoG will heal you for more than it would other tanks. EoG heals for 3% of your max health. Use pheromone bloom to keep EoG up as much as you can. And you may also want to try soul cloak. It will make it easier for you to keep EoG up without draining your SC to much.

And manacles of force is almost a must have with fire. Fire has no damage mitigation other than having bonus health. This means that the effects of MoF will save you more time lol.

I should note that if you are doing CoTe and have murk hit your with his percentage attack eternal flame could be a life saver. Between the heals of eternal flame and the EoG field you will have be maxed out right after he takes most of your health.
  17. L T Devoted Player

So after some long discussions, this guide/analysis had the following flaws:
    • Brick has limited health, and can't soak up damage endlessly.
    • Hard Light shield is a thing and aftershock earth tanks can use it.
    • Artifacts (obviously)
    Other than that it turned out to be remarkably accurate. Obviously the next guy will obsolete it. If there's interest, I'll update the guide, or redo it for a more recent CR scenerio.
    • Like x 2
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Loved this guide, boo. There are a lot of real world numbers, not just opinions. I think Brick's shield is bugged again. Without his shield, he's so squishy. But Earth tanks always been a healer dependent tank, and that goes for Brick too.

Hopefully tanking will be in a better place.
  19. Cyro Committed Player

I would love an update to this guide but they pump at artifacts so quickly it maybe best to update the guide every year or something if you include artifacts