Take the Damage Cap off Time Bomb!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by qECLIPSEp, Nov 18, 2020.

1. qECLIPSEp Well-Known Player

You rarely see quantum DPS especially since they Capped Time Bomb as other powers were adjusted Quantum was left floundering! Make Quantum competitive or at least put it on par with the other powers!
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Time Bomb has had a cap on it since before the revamp. Quantum is far from floundering. If you believe Quantum DPS isn't competitive, you might want to reexamine your loadout.
    • Like x 1
  3. qECLIPSEp Well-Known Player

Yes I remember when and why they put the cap on, because players whined about it's damage in PVP. If you think Quantum is competitive you obviously don't run with the caliber of players I do. My range LO does 95K-104K per second and 56K per second for single target! I still get smoked. Quantum can't compete with for instance Gadgets 80K plus 3 second damage or their 140K spammable taser pull! That's just 1 powerset!
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

lol
  5. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

Hes right, they still need to take the damage cap off. It remains the only power in the game with a damage cap. They took the easy way out at the time. Instead of fixing/patching bugs in this game, Daybreak takes the easy way out. Flash's BB too OP? Instead of adjusting how often it can be used in succession they put a cap on it. The past exploit with TCs/linkdead involving linkdead? Instead of fixing the linkdead, they removed it all together. Exploit involving mail with money? They remove the ability to mail money altogether. Most other games would fix these bugs. I'd hate it if Daybreak was in charge of fixing potholes or sinkholes. Instead patching the hole with concrete/asphalt and doing the proper method of fixing it, they'd prob just stick a giant metal plate over it and call it "fixed". "Band-aid" fixes are a fine temporary fix, but they aren't good in the long term. I'm glad Daybreak isn't my doctor. When I sliced my leg open a while back, they'd just stick a band-aid on it and I'd would've gotten an infection...gladly the doc gave me the stitches I actually needed and sent me on my merry way.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The exoloit with Linkdeath wasn't the only reason they removed it, it didn't work half the time and they gave up after numerous attempts to fixing it.

The recent exploits with printing money involved the trade window, not the mail. They turned off the mail to prevent people from hiding their money during the cash wipe. They fixed the trade glitch and the broker duplication glitch. They are working on an easier way to move money between alts.

They could remove the cap from Time Bomb but we all know how that would turn out: completely 'rebalanced' and still noncompetitive.
  7. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

They said that almost a year ago. Whats the holdup? I know it can't be episode work lol because wonderverse was largely reskinned areas/mechanics. And Legion has 4 bounty bosses, 1 alert and 1 raid. It took them more than 1 year to do a revamp and 18 months to release water. So based on the timeline of previous project, I don't hold out much hope. And if that was the reason for removing mailing money (to prevent hiding for the money wipe), the money wipe happened 9+ months ago. And sure linkdead was glitched/broken from the start....why was it released that way? As with many things with Daybreak, great ideas, bad implementation.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Let's ignore the fact that a pandemic hit and there was a lockdown. How long do you think it would take to build a completely new money transfer option? Better question, is it really important? Is it impeding your ability to play the game and progress your character?
    But now we're off topic.
  9. L T Devoted Player

If the cap were removed from Time Bomb, it would become the strongest supercharge in the game. A full range version of Berzerk? Is that actually what's being called for here?

As it stands, Time Bomb is one of the strongest 6 second cooldown abilities. Tesla Ball needs 6 adds to be that strong.