Tactical Mods

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by WMDBassplayer, Sep 24, 2018.

1. WMDBassplayer New Player

I recently purchased a tac mod from my dispenser, Blast Adapter 1. Does anyone have any idea how to apply it? According to the Dev notes on update 87 the method of getting has been streamlined, but if there are no more mod slots in our equipment, how do we use it? Sent in a ticket about it regarding how to use it or is it now obsolete, but got no definitive answer. Was suggested to use it to enhance an augment, but it never shows as anything usable for that purpose. Did the developers just give crap information?
  2. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

On your weapon gear there is a white slot for the mod to go into. Just click on the mod and drag to the helmet gear and drop it in
  3. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

not all gear has the white slot. They can only be place in the appropriate gear type that do have the white slot.
    As the above poster noted, the Blast Adapter (being a weapon mod) would slot into your weapon.
    so a Head type mod would only slot into head gear with the white box, etc.

You will find this to be the standard in DCUO.
    The DEVs long ago discontinued bothering with documentation other than release notes and update releases.
    They were never good about explaining things in-game to begin with past the original starting-mission tutorial.

There is nothing on roles, locking gear, etc.
    Any guides to the game are written by players.

If you aren't a troll, most of the time you can ask questions in-game (of course, you are likely to get a bunch of smart-alec remarks because that's how DCUO tends to roll).
    Just use /shout. You can change channel by typing the channel name in the window.

And, if you haven't figured it out yet, you might as well go in and edit your channel list and get rid of /LFG. It gets spammed so much by End-gamers that it is practically worthless to anyone that isn't an End-gamer. They may have removed it from the new player chat list - I certain hope they did (I edited my channel so long ago, i don' t know if they fixed that or not).
    Editing/adding chat tabs is located in the Options menu
  4. WMDBassplayer New Player

Thanks a lot 139 Masks. Way more helpful and specific than the devs who responded to my ticket. Now I need to check if I still wasted my victory marks, because my current weapon, (I'm Atomic using hand blasters), doesn't have a white slot.
  5. WMDBassplayer New Player

Well, what do you know! Just logged into the game and, lo and behold! There's the white weapon socket! I guess it a bug that was worked out in the update. Thanks again, guys. Had me thinking that with augments, ALL mod slots were done away with.
    • Like x 1