Symbol conversion

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Flair, Dec 4, 2014.

1. AkikoTsunami Committed Player

I would like to see a symbol>symbol conversion. Perhaps at a 10/1 ratio or 15/1 ratio. Anything to make them useful really. Let us buy ultra equivalent sodas with them or something. Or even just delete them. They really bother my OCD.
    • Like x 2
  2. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

The Devs stated that Symbols were not a true currency like Marks are and that they would not be convertible to other Marks, since they are not Marks. Symbols were a compromise, we were given them instead of having multiple Marks in one Tier of content. All future content will have a Mark and a Symbol, that was what the Devs decided when they gave us 4 DLC per Tier with a total of 8 Raids and at least 7 Alerts within each Tier. They are trying to prevent another T5 from happening again.
    • Like x 1
  3. Flair Well-Known Player

This is a true statement that I understand and agree with. I still would like to see a creative use for extra symbols that allows us to be rewarded in some way for our gameplay without upsetting or imbalancing the progression of the game. Just because you implement something to fix a perceived problems, it doesn't mean you can't go the extra mile and make something in the game have more value in other ways than just buying gear.

Since I strive to be part of the solution and not part of the problem, here is another idea. Symbols can be the currency players use to unlock heroes and villains for the new PVE Legends content. I know that currently we are supposed to be able to use the PVP versions we have already unlocked, but to add value to gameplay, they could make the PVE toons separate to unlock and symbols could be the way to do it. Is this something I advocate? Possibly. Mostly its just an example to show how 5 seconds of brainstorming can come up with a viable way to give symbols more meaning so players will feel more rewarded when they run content.
  4. Dene Devoted Player

As stated by others.. i agree on the OCD, cleaning up my list thing.. i just want 100 symbols to = 1 MoT or something.. or just let me convert them to trash or prestige.. i just want them off my UI
    • Like x 1
  5. KidMidnight Loyal Player

i agree. symbols may not be marks but you do get them completing current high end instances which means you get them doing the "hardest" stuff in game. funny how these things work. at the start you need them more than marks but once you play for a bit you end up needing the marks more.

i understand their purpose in keeping us from hoarding marks to buy new gear once its released...but couldn't they have done something to our now defunct renown system? Make it so we need to earn a certain amount of renown before we can buy new gear, weapons and accessories.

Overall i hate seeing red in my journal. the only way to get rid of them is to buy old gear.
  6. Brennsinger Well-Known Player

If you really want to convert the Symbols into other currency, it should be cash. They are more like the white trash drops, so maybe $60 per Symbol?

Edit: you can't get Frozen Fuel anywhere but from FoS, but that doesn't make it more valuable than a Rubber Chicken.
  7. Sore Steadfast Player

I assume the symbols for tier 6 will combine or go away when tier 7 comes.

If they combine, maybe into symbols of triumph? Then offer a conversion from new DLC symbols into SoT?
    • Like x 1
  8. Flair Well-Known Player

I don't think so sore. I think its more of a DLC thing. Each DLC arc will have its own symbols so if the game tiers up before a particular story arc is over you will still get symbols for it.
  9. Sore Steadfast Player

I assume there's meaning in the fact that WotL II uses "Symbols of Light II" instead of just "Symbols of Light".
  10. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

While I wouldn’t mind getting something for my excess Symbols, I’m more concerned with finding out whether they’ll be going away when T7 is introduced.
  11. Sore Steadfast Player

Mepps made some comment about not having decided their long term fate. I'm wondering the same exact thing. It doesn't make sense to me to keep them forever in each DLC.
    • Like x 2