Switch Population

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by sharpy36, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Princess Narii New Player

So i have played this game a **** ton back in the olden days.
    On pc like a ton. i got probably like 10 max lvl charracters a few with some decent gear at least from back in that time.
    Probably not anymore xDDDD

So when i saw the switch version i was stoked and actually planned on getting back in.
    But the fact that i cant use my account with ALL MY CONTENT and my LIFE time subscription!!

Made me be like so you want me to pay for everything again.
    **** THAT ****

They try to get new audience in with a 10 year old game that hasnt got a graphical rework EVER
    The game is great on switch but holycrap allow crosplatform play
    Or at the very least let people use their old accounts!!!!

I just dont wanna pay for everything again!!!
    So i noped out of there
  2. BreakerXI New Player

We are at the worst point I have seen the Switch population at and with the next content not until April it's only going to get worse before it gets better.

There are approx 30-50 ppl who still regularly log in and with the Hero/Villain split we're at a significantly lower number per faction.
  3. Great Architect Loyal Player

It's only a matter of time before Disney buy Sony ;).
  4. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

30-50 total players? That can’t be right....can it?
  5. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

A big problem with the switch that ive found is the memory. I downloaded DC on my switch. But it takes almost all the memory on the switch. And its gotten to the point where i couldn't even update it without buying a new memory for extra storage. Which i haven't. And a lot wont bother to do. A lot wont have the memory to start to even download it even if they wanted to play. So i stopped playing on the switch. Sad.
  6. Rainnifer Committed Player

Things like that are why I dislike using "mobile" and smaller systems for games. They're never as convenient or good as a full system. I don't even like playing mobile games. When I go out and about it's not to play a game anyways.

I thought it was really interesting hearing this game come out for Switch, I had a feeling there would be some kind of problems.
  7. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Transatlantic servers..

I play from Scotland (PC EU).. and where ever the EU server is I get lag.. but on the US server I don't.
    I suspect the EU (PC/PS) servers are in Munich Germany.. as this is where ProSieben was from.

Universal transatlantic servers would bring the whole community together. Ohw it would be a culture clash for many hahaha
    But the US has three main languages anyway.. English (of course) but also Spanish (some West and Southwest states) and French (Louisiana & Missouri French aka 'Cajun' and Haitian) not to mention Canadian Quebecian players might enjoy playing with French and vice versa.

Mind.. ye miby bæ emptyin' servers o' awe yon hInglish hehehe @ brexit.. yon didnæ tak wheil tæ leids o' an'oer distinction hehehe

Myself: I speak a little bad French, a little bad Spanish and a little bad German.. few Russian words too.

I hate to see those instances when all the English pile on anyone who speaks French in WT. It's horrible. FAM... hehe crazy londoners.
  8. Elusian Crowd Control

Server locations have been moved after and the last known location is that they are in netherlands but never in munich.
    • Like x 1
  9. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

That is absolutely pitiful. I wonder how many play on ps4; 1000?
  10. Sharkplug New Player

I was on the EU Switch server since day 1. According to my Switch, I spent more than 860 hours in the game; probably not a lot, by some people's standards, but anyway.

As a villain, I can't run specific 4-person content (e.g. Soul Alchemy), let alone the 8-person ops. I tried different times of the day, asked in LFG and shouted HoD, nothing.
    I've two toons at CR 290+, I amassed 260 skill points, most of these from the villain specific solo and duo missions. Yet I can't compete with heroes that started around the same time, some have now well over 300 SP. As the population has pretty much stabilized, heroes run everything with their leagues, I haven't had a mixed 8-player instance pop in a while. I haven't been able to complete all Metal II event instance on one of the characters, despite queuing daily for months.

I loved the challenge of being one of a few, and the rest of the villains who stayed on, after the initial excitement died off, turned out to be great people. But I got to the point where the frustration of not being able to run stuff was greater than the satisfaction I could derive from things like soloing Nexus (I know I shouldn't be able to, but it happened).
    • Like x 1
  11. Lord Of 5 Well-Known Player

You sir have The Lords respect.
  12. T1M3LINE New Player

OnePieced is recruiting anybody still playing. We run 8v8s, newest content and grind feats. Looking for a league ? Check us out on the villain side.
  13. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

You really need a memory card to play this game. I downloaded it straight to a micro SC card.
    I've been playing since August... It's funny, a few months ago you'd see lots of players from a few certain leagues.. now you don't see many of them anymore. Instead the majority of players seem to be from newer leagues. I take it that means a lot of the "older" players on the switch aren't getting anymore. Kind of sad.
    I'm on the hero side, but I see your members everywhere. As far as villains go... it seems like you guys are the only league in game. I always do the Nth Metal Golemn bounty with you guys because, without fail, your members always show up en mass on Thursday night. Just a few hours ago I saw a group of you guys taking down the Golemn repeatedly. Guess they were taking advantage of the triple marks bonus this weekend.
  14. AV Loyal Player

For reals. That and cross-platform accounts. I'd play on Switch while on the go in a heartbeat if I didn't have to restart from scratch.
  15. Lexinator Well-Known Player

A lot more than that. Sorry to necro an old thread, but I wanted to check it out for myself.

I basically gave up on the Switch version of the game and rolled a character on my old (original) PS4.
    Not only does it perform better than the Switch version, there are always plenty of people looking for groups in all level ranges.

Best thing I have done.

Seriously, add cross play to the Switch version and spend some time optimizing the game.