Switch Population

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by sharpy36, Aug 27, 2019.

1. sharpy36 Active Player

The population on the switch servers seems unfortunately minuscule. Is it too early to request that the EU and US servers be merged?
    • Like x 2
  2. The Scrounger New Player

Yeah I agree, it does seem to be a pretty small player base on EU side. I know villain side is a lower pop than hero but I think I've only really seen 3 leagues running about if that. The broker, LFG and trade chats also paint a similar story as well. Think LFG I have literally only seen 2 messages in since it launched on switch. Think both US and EU would both benefit from a merge as well.
    • Like x 1
  3. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Until Sony gets their head out their butts and allows cross play like every other gaming company out there, this is to be expected. Nintendo Switch and X-Box are destined to die prematurely or be a ghost town forever until Sony allows cross play with them.
    • Like x 5
  4. ALB Dedicated Player

Fortnite have it and PUBG is on the horizon
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Hopefully DCUO will follow.
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm surprised US and EU weren't combined from the get go...
    • Like x 5
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

So many problems I see with putting everything in one basket. Names will definitely be an issue, and they'll have to do something about the economy on the PS/PC servers.
    • Like x 1
  8. Brother Allen Loyal Player

The only way they can ever fix the economy is by resetting everyone's in-game $$ in the entire game to zero which I imagine they will never do. So the economy will always remain broken unless they reset all in-game $$. So what would unfortunately follow, if a merger would ever to happen, is the gold sellers would obtain new customers on the Switch and X-Box and prices would continue to stay ridiculous.

As for names, that is a easy fix in theory (have no idea how difficult in practice it would be). Just assign an incognito _XB, _NS, _PC, _PS after everyone's name. That way it appears normal on everyone's screen, however, when the player types in a text channel, name appears on a scoreboard, or on a menu it will show the _"system initials" distinguishing the person. People get to keep their names and remain happy while no "name reclaim" has to occur screwing someone out of their name.
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I was thinking more so assigning every toon that's made an "identification number" that you can see in the inspection screen, that way people can have multiple names and still be a way to differentiate between them. I never liked the _PS or _PC thing, but that's just me I guess.
    • Like x 2
  10. The Scrounger New Player

what about keeping it with dcuo theme and doing earth 1, 2, 3
    • Like x 1
  11. thirty six Loyal Player

Cool name :)
  12. Brother Allen Loyal Player

That works too Fatal. I didn't like the _PS and _PC thing from crossplay because we could see it on screen. Hell, I still have some _PC toon names on my account because I refused to rename them. lol. But yeah, in my idea I was saying the _PC and all that would be incognito above our toons so we would never see it unless you looked at scorecards, text typed to or from that player, and in game menus that show names.
    • Like x 1
  13. sharpy36 Active Player

For now I just want the EU and US Switch servers to merge. I'm liking having the switch as a fresh server where everybody has a fresh start. Maybe a Switch merge with Xbox and PC/PS in a year from now would be nice, but just a merge of Switch servers is what I'd like to see for now. PC/PS/Xbox should merge now, but I'm just referring to the EU and US Switch servers here.
  14. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I played it on switch for a bit ... it’s ok... it was a bit laggy... but I really was just curious about the population ... it’s pretty dead in open world for a new game
  15. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Wonder if theres a DEADLY MERCENARY on earth EU... if they ever do merge i hope they make it fun and do a little flashpoint dlc with it
  16. sharpy36 Active Player

Is there a chance of an EU/US merge anytime soon? Are there any plans to help increase the Switch population? I don't want to see Switch with PC/PS/Xbox anytime soon, but the Switch population is soooooo small. I'd imagine crossplay between Switch and Xbox would be an easier endeavor than Switch with PC/PS. As it is now I'd take any solution to get more people.
  17. Snap New Player

It is unfortunately impossible to do most content on EU Switch now. LFG is extremely empty (and I haven't once seen Trade being used). I'm currently at tier 4 doing Home Turf dailies and I've had to miss almost the entirety of T2-4 4-man and 8-man content and I know it's not going to get any better.

The game is amazing and the Switch version is everything we could want, but there's no one online!
  18. thirty six Loyal Player

Can we get a professional on similar thi g's to chime in? Is this an expensive thing to do? Do the systems have to approve? Everyone is quick to criticize Daybreak, but perhaps it's out of their hands. Idk
  19. Snap New Player

There'd be a lot of hoops to go through no matter which cross-play is attempted, but the fact of the matter is that EUs population is not enough to sustain gameplay, it's not criticism of the devs.
  20. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

It is something though.