Switch Merge

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KingFLT, Aug 3, 2020.

1. KingFLT New Player

Hello dcuo devs

From the beginning of launching the eu switch server the server has been like a ghost town. The server exists for one year now and the population is dropping. A lot of players that played the game frequently have quit the game due to it being a ghost town. Players have spent money on this game too but you guys are losing those players cause you are not tending to the switch servers.

The only thing that will help the switch server survive is a merge with other platforms or even the us switch. The way things are going there won’t be any active players left and the server will become a ghost town. The wonderverse episode made it even worse since there is no way to group together and even complete it cause the numbers aren’t there.

We would like to request a merge thereby
    • Like x 23
  2. Huge New Player

I'd play if there's more people playing. There's no one here, it's lucky we get one t10 raid run a week. Feels like 2000 hours been wasted.
    • Like x 12
  3. Queenofthevirgo New Player

I totally agree ! The switch eu server is dying so many great frequent players have left already cause it’s so dead. It’s not what a MMO should be. The idea was amazing launching it on a handheld but it’s dying a merge is the only thing that will save it. There is literally one league that’s doing end game content and have membership.. so if you care listen
    • Like x 8
  4. AveryWren New Player

I would love this to happen I’ve spent so much time and money playing on this server and I really dont want it to end as so many of the more active players are leaving which means we can’t get any content done. I think a merge with a more active server will help immensely. I really don’t want to have spent so much effort on a game for it to be wasted.
    • Like x 10
  5. Sir John New Player

I totally agree. i would like either a server merge or atleast the ability to transfer my account to my ps4 because the Switch EU server is more or less dead. And i love the game so much and i don't want to see it fail like it is at the moment.
    • Like x 6
  6. PatronusNSDCUO New Player

I genuinely love playing DCUO. It's fun to play by yourself, but with everyone leaving the only thing left is solos. There's only so much you can do before you lose passion for it. I want all our old players to come back and I want to meet even more new players. It's a great game that deserves more love and the only way to do that is with a merge between the EU and US server. I don't even care about the money I've put into it (a lot), I just want to keep playing with my friends. Please merge, we need it.
    • Like x 7
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The devs know about this request. Unfortunately there's only so much they can do. Until or unless Nintendo (or any of the other related companies) agree to server merges/cross-platform play there isn't much that can be done on their part.
    • Like x 2
  8. Zatonnus New Player

DCUO

I agree with KingFLT. A merge would be the best thing for the NS EU Server.

Unfortunately NS EU has been underpopulated since launch and was saddened to learn that no merge is planned at present.
    Many leagues full of supporting players have come and gone citing low population as their top reason for leaving.

I myself love playing the game and support it through subscription fees and many marketplace purchases as have the majority of players on the server.
    It’s new and exciting for us as most are new to the franchise.
    Coming from the PSPC server and growing my account with fantastic players and seeing them grow has been a great experience.
    The server may be small but the players there are dedicated. Unfortunately it can be a lonely experience for many due to the low population.

If NS EU were to be combined with another sever I believe the players coming into the game for the first time will most certainly stay if they see more accounts present which means more revenue for the franchise. It also means the players present can experience all the game has to offer as we are very limited at the moment due to numbers.

Believe me when I say we have tried everything we can to boost the population ourselves, but there is only so much we can do. We have supported the game, we ask that you support your loyal players by considering merging us with a more active server.

I appreciate this may not be top priority for developers currently and that Nintendo is a more challenging platform to work with, but I foresee further decline and eventual demise of NS EU if nothing happens which we absolutely do not wish to happen.

Best Regards,
    Zatonnus
    • Like x 5
  9. AveryWren New Player

I’ve had a look and there are games on the switch that are already cross platform so it’s not impossible.
    • Like x 2
  10. Queenofthevirgo New Player

Merging the switch us and eu would be a great first step tho !
    • Like x 2
  11. Trexlight Devoted Player

Its not impossible but atm not possible. Its not a Dev decision to not have Crossplay. Its more Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo and their contracts with them that prevents this. Call your congressperson and Console Rep to get them to do it.
    • Like x 1
  12. Imprezaurex New Player

I really hope that it is possible somewhat soon. I recall when the game launched, there was a plan on cross platform compatibility. That would really help out, because as mentioned above, the server is comparable to a ghost town.
    • Like x 2
  13. Void cell Well-Known Player

Wouldn’t mind more players on us switch either. I feel your pain. Money and hours wasted and no one to play with. Daybreak needs to do something about it. Offer us server transfers for our characters at the least.
    • Like x 2
  14. Queenofthevirgo New Player

But they could merge us and switch eu
    • Like x 1
  15. Trexlight Devoted Player

Another maybe, maybe not. Im not even sure how they did it for Xbox let alone if its possible for the Switch. Again, things like this isnt a Dev issue, its the Console decision and red tape if its allowed.
  16. Sean1M New Player

I can grasp game crossplay but I honestly don't see how merging regional servers is a console thing. It doesn't really impact the console in any way appart from the store since it's Daybreak's own servers. After all if it wasn't it would require Switch online membership.

Also character named are shared across both servers. I know nthis because I play on both servers and all my character names I tried to input in NA were taken as I'd already used them on EU. So porting characters isn't an issue here.
    • Like x 2
  17. Kaioken New Player

I can only agree with the previous speakers here. After playing on PC during the first launch I was hyped when the game came to the Nintendo Switch. And the Conversion for the handheld was realisized well.

But sadly after playing for half a year I decided to cancel my subscription and quit. Even though the new ingame content that is added is great there are nowhere nearly enough players anymore in order to play regularly or to make significant progress. Just solos and dailies sadly can't justify to invest in the monthly subscription.

I always loved the game and I would glady return. I also fully unterstand if this is not a matter that can be fixed only be the devs.
    But it should in the game owners as well as in the system owners interest to further push this topic to a sustaining sollution.

I mean what good is a dead server that needs to be maintained and doesnt generate figures for anyone.
    • Like x 4
  18. Tacca Well-Known Player

I’d like a merge. Player base is far too low plus I’d maybe be able to convince family members from us to play with me.
    • Like x 3
  19. Tintime New Player

The EU switch server definitely needs a merge to keep it alive. if the league Nova was to quit there would be no one else scooping up players and giving them a community and resource to actually run the content. We've already seen the other active and good leagues die because of the barren server. With Wonderverse having a focus on its open world bosses this could be the final nail in the coffin.
    • Like x 2
  20. Trexlight Devoted Player

Well when dealing with Servers you have to look at latency issues as well. Its why PC games rarely merge EU and US servers due to that latency and lag. If I had more knowledge on how Xbox was able to handle the US/EU Merge, i would be inclined to offer that result for the Switch but atm, I see it as a console reasoning to keep the servers separate and also on DiG's decision to not to do it.

If there's anyway to have the playerbase play together, the Devs would have implemented it by now.