[Sweepstakes] Follow. Retweet. Win?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Dexella, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Dexella Communications Manager

We’re getting ready for the grand finale of the Amazon Fury trilogy! To add to the celebration, we want to give YOU a chance to win some great prizes!

Here’s what you need to do:

From November 2 – November 15, make sure you’re following @DCUO on Twitter. During this time frame, there will be three official tweets from @DCUO featuring a special Amazon Fury-themed sweepstakes image. Retweet at least one of the three (3) official tweets during the Sweepstakes to be entered to win. You may retweet each tweet for a total of three (3) entries.

Here’s what you could win:

GRAND PRIZE: A DC-Comics paperback collected volume signed by Jim Lee.

Three (3) winners will be selected as Grand Prize winners. Each winner will receive one randomly selected DC Comics paperback collection (either Batman: Hush, Justice League Vol. 1, or Justice League Vol.2) signed by Jim Lee.

RUNNER-UP: An Amazon Hairstyle Pack or 500 Daybreak Cash or 500 Loyalty Points

Ten (10) runners-up will be selected to receive their choice of either one (1) Amazon Hairstyle Pack or 500 Daybreak Cash (PC Only) or 500 Loyalty Points (PSN/Xbox Only).

Head to Twitter and make sure you’re following @DCUO. Keep an eye out for the first official tweet, and RT it to your followers!

The Sweepstakes is open to everyone eighteen (18) and over at the time of entry who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories and possessions).
    For full official rules, please visit this site.
    • Like x 5
  2. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

SUPER GREAT!!!
    • Like x 3
  3. dresserball Dedicated Player

No thanks
    • Like x 10
  4. SheerFaith Committed Player

soory..i´m not using twitter..and i´m not from the usa..
    • Like x 1
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

sad isn't it? that they dont hold these kind of raffles / give aways here on the forum, instead you need twitter or FB to take part in said give away.

Not to mention its only for the US crowd 'usually'
    • Like x 3
  6. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

ok
  7. iClip Committed Player

Dont be like ChillCat.
    • Like x 2
  8. Pults Loyal Player

No perks for euroboys. :(
    • Like x 1
  9. SheerFaith Committed Player

yeah..its a "facebookmeetstwitterongooglforamazontrumpclinton" world...
  10. Delta796th Loyal Player

Why don't you ever do this stuff on ....I dunno
    THE FORUMS???
    • Like x 2
  11. BlueFusion New Player

Not a resident :'(
  12. TheDrone Well-Known Player

You have to understand that things like this aren't really what you see them as.

You think, "oh, a sweepstakes. They really like giving us free stuff. So nice".

They think, "how can we increase our twitter/facebook visibility? Let's do a sweepstakes. Costs us a couple bucks and gets thousands of retweets".

And, as to why it's open to US residents only. That may be out of their control. A lot of giveaways can't be done worldwide because it runs into weird international regulations. In some cases there can be taxes, tariffs, or gambling restrictions that come into play.

For example, if the sweepstakes was to include Quebec, they have to publish the advertisement in French.
    • Like x 6
  13. Delta796th Loyal Player

I think you assume too much
    My post was exact thought

Why don't they do this on the forums?
  14. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

He just explained why.
    • Like x 4
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Not even ChillCat showed up.... shows the lack of interest people have lol
    • Like x 4
  16. Delta796th Loyal Player

Again assumption. I understand marketing and trying to get as many touches as possible.
    I just wondered why they don't do these type of things on here.
  17. rimvader Well-Known Player

Rim Vader Don't Tweet. :cool:
  18. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

You just answered your own question.
    • Like x 1
  19. Delta796th Loyal Player

Not really
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Not everyone on the forums uses Twitter, and vice versa. Limiting the audience to only the forums reduces the amount of awareness for the game, where as they use Twitter, or Facebook, they reach more people and get them to see the game exists and does awesome giveaways.

Advertisement, basically
    • Like x 2