Survival Mode - made it to round 4 (7man)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by blklightning, Jun 6, 2014.

1. blklightning New Player

Hey! Got to run Survival Mode with some fun people from the forums. Wiped out on our first attempt, as we were learning tactics. Queued up again and made it to the 1st wave of round 4 before the damage coming in was greater than the tank could withstand... even with two healers.

We essentially 7 manned the run, as our main DPS went down and was unable to be revived in time. Good fun had by all.

Thanks to Tikkun, Zhouz, JR1NC, Jovaa, Nyema, Azure Fourteen, and DPS TEST01 for giving it a go.

[IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 16
  2. MercPony Devoted Player

The image of the chest style looks a lot smoother than one posted in another thread! Nice job by the way! :)
    • Like x 3
  3. Tikkun Loyal Player

This was an awesome run! Can't wait to try more tomorrow. Thanks for the screenshots!
    • Like x 4
  4. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

What where everyone's powers and roles please? Congrats so far and how was that new Electric healing SC? Healed overtime well etc? :eek:
    • Like x 1
  5. ForumJunky New Player

the other dps were not that great, round 4 in 80 min now i cant wait to get to like round 7-8 our burn on USPS is nasty canty wait 2 more weeks
  6. Inspiration New Player

looks like survival mode is worth it...
    • Like x 2
  7. Tikkun Loyal Player

These are who I know for sure:

Tikkun - Nature
    JR1NC - Hard Light
    Zhouz - Ice
    HeartOfSky - Electric
    Jovaa - Hard Light
    Gaea - Sorcery

Someone was Rage (I'm guessing Azure because I have played with him on live).
    • Like x 2
  8. blklightning New Player

Please reserve negative criticism for another post. This was not what the run was about. When on test, you work with who's available at the moment. We enjoyed our run, and look forward to trying it again tomorrow.

I know you think you're beast DPS, but you'll amazing any and all in this community if you think you can walk in to SM at launch and make it to Round 7. The damage potential from each wave seems to grow geometrically, rather than linearly.
    • Like x 14
  9. Meta Flare New Player

Lol, keep us posted will ya?
  10. ForumJunky New Player

did not want to come off negative, great job you made it as far as the dev, Good luck tomorrow!
    • Like x 1
  11. Tikkun Loyal Player

Just to add on to this. We weren't looking for a "leet only" run. This gives an accurate test of what to expect on the live server. Not everyone will have squeaky clean league runs all the time.
    • Like x 3
  12. Meta Flare New Player

Those pics are crazy crisp. Makes me want a gaming rig even more.
    • Like x 2
  13. ForumJunky New Player

you already know hen this drops on USPS ill forsure be posting our rounds a=on here, more then lickly will be the highest but there a couple league that are up there with us.
  14. blklightning New Player

It was a mish mash of powers.

Tikkun - Nature healer
    JR1NC - Hard Light DPS
    Zhouz - Ice Tank
    HeartOfSky - Electric healer
    Jovaa - Hard Light controller
    Gaea (Nyema) - Sorcery DPS

During our first attempt, the one that wiped, Zhouz tried tanking Ursa in a corner. That didn't fare well. Given that people were closer together, Electric heals were beastly. After we did the more successful run, we played in the center, where it was harder for Electric to shine. Especially considering that Arc Lightning is VERY broken right now.
  15. Buckley Loyal Player

I know that at the start to tanks will be redundant but maybe at higher waves it would be a plus or have a dps that can switch to tank if need be. Busy updating so will only see when I am home again after work
  16. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

What wrong with AL at the moment on test? Not worked as intended for healing or damage role?
    • Like x 1
  17. Meta Flare New Player

I was being sarcastic...you sound like the typical forum elite that always talk about how good they are. You said round 8, the devs said that they can only see a few leagues make it past 5. I never even heard of your league and I've been on the ps for a long time.
    • Like x 4
  18. ForumJunky New Player

well if your on hit me up and ill show you how elite we are man, im not no forum elite at all so maybe you can back off lol, devs also said the nex and dox were not able to be beat the first day well we did.
  19. Shift New Player

Looks fun :) And I bet healing that Electric style was fun as well :) The only question I have is... how the heck did one of the dps end up with 10 MILL more than the others?! :O (Literal question of the non-judgemental kind).
    • Like x 2
  20. blklightning New Player

I actually got into an argument with a friend's leaguemate in another run I was about to do, before I joined w/ Tikkun and Co. He was for sure that it could be solo tanked and solo healed.

He was refusing to acknowledge that SM cannot be beat. It can only be survived until we all die. There comes a time, and it will come, that the adds/bosses are dealing more damage than a tank can handle, even with 2 healers pumping out everything they've got. This is when it would be necessary for a DPS to armory switch and do some strategic mob/boss seperation.

It's also possible/likely for round 1 to be solo healed and for a DPS to switch to healer when more comes in that can be handled. Most of the damage is bursty in nature. Aside from Ursa, rounds 1 and 2 are fairly cake. Round 3, with the increase in adds and CR, becomes much more difficult.
    Arc will only heal AFTER it has hit TWO adds. After that, it will go to the tank, but never once arced through me. It will not arc through the tank if he's at full health. I even saw a heal double arc from the tank to 2 adds, but never to me. No matter what position we tried, I could not get it to arc through me and to the team. I'll have video uploaded tonight. Over 3 minutes of nothing but failed Arc Lightning.
    • Like x 3