Survival Mode is for the Elite players not casual players!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NASTYDCGOD, May 19, 2019.

1. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I think 9001bpm wanted a utility belt full of shadow monsters.
    • Like x 3
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Sounds like that belt would only be a shadow of his previous one hahaha.

Ok I'll let myself out, my bad.
    • Like x 3
  3. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I see.

How many SP do you happen to have?

I am being curious, kind of not into the whole victim thing about those with 400 SP, the odds are very slim that so many will come across any that are selfless and will be open to being flagged a jerk.

Speaking fr9m mine own experience with the so called group that you speak of, they have way more patience and are far more willing to say yes you can join their group, if there is an open position.

However they are the first challenged and first called out for the smallest error, which is what I am seeing with your comment.

This game is extremely luck based, with everything, mostly due to bugs, but some player error.

I personally have screwed up on feats, when running with a new group of players I probably was seen as you were implying.

Yet despite the screw up the group did infact get the feat after I was called out, we reran it and ran it with no errors.

I have been in groups and I had seen your position, but from my observations it usually is the other way around.

You have the high SP basically gloating, being themselves and some hot head, who would always throw the whole if I had the time to be on the game all day everyday or if I this or that excuses, attempting to bait the player to show their skill and ruin a potentially good run.

Yes I am questioning the 400SP player being rude and obnoxious, their really is not many with as many SP, TC's don't carry 200SP, you actually have to beat content with a team to get to 400SP doing what anti-people would not be able to do,... Raids.
  4. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

I have 358 skill points,

I have no doubt the this type of attitude happens from both sides, my argument is that skill points doesn't always equal skill, I seen some people do good with only 150 skill points and as I said before 400 sp do poor. THE OP shouldn't be dictating who can run content based on how many skill points they have.
    • Like x 1
  5. August Moon Well-Known Player

you do have to remember. alot of members who consider themselves end game or close to it dont pug. they run with leagues . plus. alot of them have already suffered through burn out and are currently waiting on another dlc. Also alot of players like to hang in chill spots like little bo or the battle bridge in the watch tower
  6. Ringz Dedicated Player

Jesus dawg, yall are really having a fit over this lol. Over some rewards that anybody can participate to get.

All I see in that mepps post is players inactivity is the reason SM was abandon...... Really? Nothing else, just players not participating. And you believe that to be the whole truth huh....

Because let me ask you this. If SM is really played by nobody why the hell are they bringing it back? And why did N.o.P keep emphasizing that SM is mean't for endgame top level players when clearly by you most of their playerbase is not at endgame level???.

You so hung up on the past you're not even listening to what is being said in the present. If you really got a problem, go talk to the devs about why they should make a event version because their population is low. I already gave my take on how they can implement an event version.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

It's being brought back to try to monetize it, again nothing wrong with that, but what's being tested here is how much money will be made off the end game player base to justify the ongoing development.

SM previously got abandoned because it was being looped, everyone had done it for very little reward, so people stopped playing outside of the people clammoring for "world first status" the majority of players just simply didn't care.

With this reincarnation they've obviously created a mark system, a grind system, a time limit and exclusivity to fuel FOMO (fear of missing out) to generate profit.

If it works SM will continue if it doesn't i imagine it'll disappear again after a while.

Again there's nothing wrong with making a profit, daybreak is a business i expect nothing less, it's a transparent healthy way of making money i prefer over time capsules.

But SM coming certainly isn't just a nod to the elite it's a money maker just as much as anything.

With that in mind people should understand that's why the cr level is set where it is, they want participation and spending as high as possible including capturing the slightly less adept players with round 1-5 etc.

Look on the bright side as well, the better you are, the more rounds you're doing and the less you're actually being monetized ;)
    • Like x 4
  8. August Moon Well-Known Player

See i find it funny that people gate keep sm this badly . i will say i am opposed of making it an event version only for the sole fact that it downplays its intended purpose , to test your gear , as well as your know how of your limits. having a lesser version of the same instance hurts the potential growth of the learning populous. if you told a level 210 that this instance that theyre about to steam roll through is the hardest instance specifically made to test their skills to the fullest and they beat it with ease.....then whats the point of getting the rest of the gear in game to get stronger. of course theres a harder version but ..who cares? you got your rewards. why bother. theres no drive after its all said done. But if you allow said player to walk into the new sm and they fold within the first 10 seconds from attacks well over their health pool they may just have a reflection and gain the determination to get better...maybe...hopefully..........please.

And for those that say to make it easier but lock some of the items behind the harder version.....who gets to choose what items are locked? if you lock the dog behind the wall but let the cat out for everyone there wiull be forum post like this complaining that its "Not fair for dog lovers" and they'd be right .... you cant pick and choose , thats animal discrimination.....and you're a villain for that.
    • Like x 1
  9. plumcrazy Well-Known Player

Dude sounds like a total tool and type of player that has brought this game down for years, the good thing is usually they are in a league with other fellow tools such as themselves because no one else likes them. This game has always gave people (through overpowering gear trinkets ect) the impression that it's the player that's so awesome, I believe it's been part of dcs success. Some things never change around here
  10. Great Architect Loyal Player

YES! HULK SMASH PUNY SURVIVAL MODE!
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

The elitism on the forums is nowhere near the same extent as the entitled attitude quick to point fingers at the "gosh darn elitist", though. It's a tired out stereotype a lot of people like to push to further their own agendas in content not necessarily catering to them in the first place.

It takes a special gift of selective reading not to see that these days. You literally got players threating to quit (a few might have, even) and/or threating not to spend money on the game, much because of the reason that current Elite-raids are actually decently difficult to the masses. Threats to try and keep the content not necessarily catering toward them or their interest of play easier, just because they want the rewards. The very same attitude is seen in regards to the upcoming SM.

I couldn't care less if the average players goes out and resets R1-5 and neither have I seen many others do, neither do I take the original OP-posts any more serious than what I take the guy who recently made a thread requesting SM to be a level 10+ event. What some do care about is the entitled bunch pushing to make R-10 easy enough for the average joe to "just" complete, which completely diminishes TEN rounds of SM in favor of a group it's not originally catering for if they were to listen to the general feedback of some players.

Some people just want the rewards and if they can get rid of the effort, they will, because they are not interested in it and they're the first to scream and point fingers in regards to the "gosh darn elitist" the first chance they get. Most of the "gosh darn elitists" just want the difficulty in place for the few pieces of content actually catering toward THEIR style of play, while the VAST majority of all other content in this game caters to the casual majority.

Yet, with that little content catering to the minority crowd, entitled players are quick to label others of that minority as some sort of basement dwellers with no life that only wants to strut their superiority over others, lol. Maybe the problem and error in attitude lies in those who can't stand not being catered to 100%, and are quick to bark loud and scream out of the top of their lungs about the "gosh down elitist" when 10% or less of the content is being catered to another crowd than them? Hmmmm. Nah, it's more fun to yell about the "gosh darn elitist".

If you want the Definition of SM you have a very updated and recent Dev-explanation at the very, very start of the latest SM-livestream. Not many hours later, people take to the forums whining about the Elitists getting content, requesting SM be made level 10+ event. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  12. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I here ya on that part, but uh, I too have seen those with 150 SP and I know that I wouldn't blatantly espouse my view like the OP, however if I were to be truthful...

I don't believe I would waste my time running something like SM or elite content with someone who is not above, near, or not to far below my gear or SP.

I can see if I wasn't doing anything and bored I would happily run it then, however if I a trying for a goal or to earn a feat or it is something that I have planned and I don't have time to deal with wiping, slow burn or any thing that will hold me in content longer than I need, me I would add anyone close to where you are because that is near where I am.

I guess I am a bit more responsive to what I bring, I also don't look to just be a spot on the team, I look to perform with the fullest I can actually be, if that means I have to sit the SM out I will sit it out.

Something's you have to work on, with 350+ SP out of 400+, the difference is small.

However, we do a disservice to compare someone who knows what they are doing with 400+ SP to someone with 200+ SP or even someone with 350 SP with someone with 200 SP.

The game had been easy enough that there will be exceptions to the rules but really people can't compare the 2.

If so, I'd like to see them only run with people with 200 or less SP.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

For sure, not excusing their behaviour were probably not even really in disagreement lol we just often miss each other's wave lengths :p

From my testing of the first rounds of SM I'm quite happy with where its sitting personally, you shouldn't make it any easier for sure, it requires the player to at least know what they're doing and comply with mechanics.

Probably in fairness if people struggle with those early rounds then theyre probably people that already struggle in even normal content, so i think it's sitting in a good place, those sorts of players should really be working first and foremost on becoming a better player rather than whether or not they have a snake pet, not to sound like a "gosh darn elitist' lol :D

If you're a competent enough player then although you might not get a bat pet from r25 you will get some good rewards so i think players shouldn't panic.
    • Like x 1
  14. Zneeak Devoted Player

See by a bunch of player's definition around here, you just became that gosh darn elitist with an attitude ;) Stop thinking you're so superior!!!1oneONE!!1 :rolleyes::D

On a serious note yeah we're not really in disagreement I just despise the "hand me all"-entitled attitude that has spread like a plague within the community over the last few years, yet people still love to tirelessly point fingers at the "gosh darn elitist". But hey, that's what happens when everything becomes easy street for the most part of all content for so long.

Me and many others who often advocate for difficulty just want for the players who really want their progression to matter and put said progression to the test have their content to be able to do so, without being robbed of those few pieces of content because some can't handle not getting every single item in the game, with or without an effort.

When the game caters roughly 90% to the casual player overall, I just think it's beyond crazy to see the commotion you see from the usual suspects whenever a couple of Elite-raids manage to actually be somewhat difficult for a change, or the return of Survival Mode, meant for players to try and actually survive a challenging arena for as long as they can.

Some just don't seem to realize the importance of varying difficulty-modes and the various ladders of progression in relation to each mode, but it is.
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

Good thing for you and anyone else who are interested in those types of combat-pets then, that the Devs officially showed interest in further release of similar pets in other content in the future! ;)
  16. Ryazan Dedicated Player

17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Is that before or after Gorilla Grodd and the new UI?
  18. Zneeak Devoted Player

Ask the Devs :D
  19. plumcrazy Well-Known Player

I came back from like 2 or more years without playing and had like 225 or something, in the short time I have been back I have 242 I think. The sps I will never get nor care to get are the money feats like open x amount of old capsules which were not exactly money feats when first released but for someone like me returning they are now basically. Sps always have been and always will be no measure of player skill despite the name, dedication points sound better....I remember a lot of people back in the day got the prime no spawner feat only after several crs up