Survival Mode is for the Elite players not casual players!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NASTYDCGOD, May 19, 2019.

1. Swamarian Committed Player

Casual player (on hiatus, too) here, and I'm not sure what the hoopla is about. Why not have Survival Mode for the best end game players? If you're not at that point, don't you already have plenty of content to go through? I just don't get the "all content must cater to meeeee" mindset. If the developers were focused on making hard endgame raids, to the exclusion of everything else, I could see the point, but this is just one mission.
    Let them have their fun.
    • Like x 2
  2. Proxystar #Perception

That's the confusing thing, it is for end game players and at the same time is also for the "best end game players" in the later rounds, where there are exclusive rewards, hell there's even a "glowing golden halo" for the people that get the furthest, I think there's just a few misconceptions about survival mode from some who want to stick an extra gate around the playground lest that feral kid from across the street with only 200sp make it to their sand pit ;)
    • Like x 2
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If you don't get that mindset, you obviously don't belong in these forums....Move along...nothing to see here...
    [IMG]

Reinheld
  4. Ringz Dedicated Player

SM was and has always been mean't for top end player, so no it wasn't a problem. Especially if you're talking of last SM implemented then we were in the game era of either Flip Slash easy big damage or AMs (which is universally known as the worst and easiest time frame this game been in). So as someones who've been part of that endgame era I find it hard to believe that not alot of people were at endgame. Because I remember being more confused on how the hell did this type of player make it to endgame LOL.

Your pointing out at people who wanted a setup for a mode that was brutal? What did you think? That players were going to take in someone who doesn't know their role and the basic combat mechanics. This is not a raid where its okay to not be as efficient in something. You're upset with rules that you knew about. Its like going to the zoo and the rules clearly says keep your arm out of cage, and your mad at the zoo because you sticked your arm in the cage and you got attacked.

Lets not even talk about CR was king during that time and a few powers were the goto for AMs cheese fest. So you wanted players who were not even close to that A.I. to participate in something they could easily get 1 shot? Of course people were gonna expect you to be top cr and want you to be the main of those cheese powers.

Besides the game going downhill in quality and players quitting, the reason SM got dumped were still for the same reason that I said. If you truly believe there were not enough players at endgame then you need to go talk to the devs and players in these forumers who been championing that the game never died and the population stayed healthy .

HOWEVER.........
  5. Ringz Dedicated Player

I been doing alot of thinking about this wanting for SM event version. Alright.

Fine. Lets give these guys their event version of SM. But im still claiming that it needs to be a learning experience and not some dumb down version so these guys can get their selfish marks.

How about in this SM event, the devs program each boss to be repetitive of a certain combat mechanic in the game. For instance: Round 1 after wave 1 and 2, Oracle/Calcu gives a message for say "Be careful of this guy. He likes punch... fast. You'll have to block his attacks when it happens". Out comes Flash/Zoom and the fight is normal but the devs program that his skull attack is him releasing a barrage of punches at either 1 player or all 4 members. Before this skull attack happens, the devs can use their universal message that talks about blocking. The twist to this type of SM is that the skull attacks happen at a fast rate. Almost enforcing a like-wise tutorial like on the ship but in combat situations.

Or another boss fight. Deathstroke repeated skull attack is he likes to vanish then his skull attack is him aiming down the sights at one player and players need to look around the room and lunge at him to stop him. This encourages players to not be tunneled vision and learn how to lunge.

These are one of many already existed boss fights that can teach certain combat mechanics like : Avoiding fields - Lex luthor, how to kite around damage - Kronika, or Wonder Woman who does her amazon deflection and attacking it we'll just send the damage right back to you. You'll have to keep block breaking her as her shield color goes from blue-green-yellow-red, than shes block broken.. etc etc etc

This leaves the devs to just having to program the skull attacks to happen at a repetitive rate and include the universal messages. That way they don't have to be worrying about how to make a event version and a acceptable difficulty that wont offend these non-top players for a mode thats already not mean't for them :rolleyes:
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Remove nonsense like the combat pets and I assure you the calls will slow right down.
    • Like x 1
  7. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

I'm a very humble person but i need a challenge and so does many players in the game.
  8. Ringz Dedicated Player

We all know this started with non-top players being selfish. There are exclusive items in pvp, in grindy collections, time capsules that haven't returned yet, certain seasonal events etc. What makes this SM rewards any different? And we known they're going to bring them back .

I seen these SM vids. Just by completing rd 1-10 and repeat should be enough for you to get your pets. An average joe could complete rd 1-10 atm. If players can't even do that, I never sugar coated saying the new gen players are trash.

Anyways I think I done enough giving my solutions to something exciting this game bringing back. Ima stick to other mmos I been playing but Im curious to see with enough time passes what the devs will do here
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The snake is round 15 and the shadow bat is round 25.
  10. Ringz Dedicated Player

Time to get to work then playa.
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah, not gonna happen, no matter how much I would like it to.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Henchmen - Shadow werewolves - complete round 5
    Green Crystal Turret - complete round 10
    Shadow Snake Turret - complete round 15
    Cosmetic Vanity Shadow pets - complete round 15
    Sidekick - Shadow Manbat - complete round 20
    Green Crystal vanity pets - complete round 20
    Shadow Bat - complete round 25
    Hologram Construct dog and cat - forever vendor

The only pets people are getting from rounds 1-10 are the henchmen, green crystal turret and vanity dog and cat, all the others are locked higher.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ringz Dedicated Player

Thanks for sharing the list. Then Im curious if the vendors only consists of just the materials then? I would think the marks earn would play a bigger part.

Same answer I gave to 9 double O still applies tho.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah and it’s still never gonna happen.
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

The 'forever vendor' as it's called has base items, 2 vanity pets, 2 materials and an aura.

The 'season vendor' has combat pets and cosmetic vanity pets.

If I've missed anything my apologies.

And yes, the mark farming is obviously heavily monetized, the devs know what they're doing here lol, they're monetizing everyone whose end game with this SM, which isn't a bad thing but let's not 'beat around the bush' :D
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I would argue they would potentially make a lot more money if they kept all the gameplay related prizes to rounds 5 and 10 and made everything above that be the brutality people are hoping for and are very much entitled to. I think that would be a reasonable compromise.
  17. myandria Item Storage

True. I wouldn't be surprised if SM has busy PUG queues for only the first 2 weeks, then drop off quickly after that, especially when many players find out how hard SM actually is. If the DW/Flurry grilled cheese sandwich is still effective and satisfying, then yeah, let the live server kick fest begin.
    • Like x 1
  18. Miss Adora Loyal Player

*grabs some popcorn and sits back and watch!*
  19. Proxystar #Perception

No, the people beating the higher rounds need appropriate rewards, curiously what item is it that has obviously taken your fancy?
  20. Lord Brutality Active Player

Mepps said last year;

Thread from picture link Here.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

An the Healthy large playerbase is mainly people who start playing the game. As NerdOfPray said during the the stream with the Tutorials they have many new players everyday.

Your are being In-deinal and extraditing the amount of endgame players. Not everyone have Replay Badges and waiting for content resets to levelup to Top Tier, Marks are different and que times for old raids are still slow. An very few people are paying 40 bucks to skip to CR 240. I'm really trying to understand you but you dont make sense.

I play on PC/PS4 and I run into some of the same people while queing every Tier 5 to Tier 8 raids every day. Have players that know me an say hi; not even on my friends list just because we see each often.

Proof is in the forums sir. An even if we have many endgame players which we dont; i doubt even half of them will want to do SM. This game is casual as you said it.

Whenever I level up a new toon i see many different players; once I hit Tier 7+ I run into the same people every 3 to 4 runs. Duo's, Alerts; & Raids.