Test Discussion Survival Mode: Content

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, May 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juvenile Active Player

I hope this isn't off topic but Hardlight Shield being overwritten by Healer shields need to be looked at also. It will affect how tanks this SM play considering 4 man shields will be the new meta for the new survival mode. Hardlight shield will he constantly overwritten leaving a useless move on a lot of tanks loadouts.
  2. High Troller Loyal Player

i have been using amazonian deflection instead of hl shield. it makes me look more powerful too!
  3. Juvenile Active Player

Amazon Deflection is already a mandatory shield for Ice Rage and Earth for all 3 of these powers use Hardlight shield also we will still have a useless shield on our loadout is HL shield isn't fixed. It needs to be classified as a non healer shield so it isn't overwritten by an actual Healers shield.
    • Like x 1
  4. Brav Well-Known Player

This is a quote I made in another thread related to tanking options/limits. Now I know this is SM so at some point in the higher rounds melee will/may be out of the question as the npc's increase in strength each round. But in the lower rounds or even mid rounds (though basic hits still shouldn't one shot a tank even in the high rounds) face tanking for counters and dodging/avoiding specials/mechanics should be possible.

In the mid to high rounds some kiting should be necessary to avoid the high hitting combos but basic tap hits still shouldn't one shot a tank. It can take a decent amount of their health but still allow for some timed counters as they distance/position themselves for another timed counter.

I know the developers mentioned a "Global Abilities" pass is in progress, I am just not sure how far in they are with that balance adjustment yet. Once those adjustments are made, I feel that should definitely help with most of the heavy unbalanced hits we are seeing from npc's/weapon's throughout the game.
  5. High Troller Loyal Player

i'm not sure how much of the fight has changed since the recent update, but here's a boss only video of round 7 and 8. (r7 is deathstroke, r8 is minotaur). to be honest, after review r8... makes me want to slap on fortified blocking for boss fights. i stopped getting upfront to the boss in r8.
  6. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Good morning mepps, had to say it. Daybreak logo, Gamer Eye! LOL, Gamer Eye is watching you, ha ha ha ha...,
  7. Elusian Crowd Control

Is the Ikon Suit from Deathstroke actually a one shot if the dmg isnt enough?
  8. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

Normally it be a 90% hit 95% do you would always survive in raid if it would explode.
  9. Millbarge Developer

I submitted fixes internally for the following. These are not on PCTest at this time but should go out with the next patch to PCTest.
    • The Minotaur's charge is now less likely to slay you after the charge is complete.
    • Fixed an issue where players could not advance to progress points above Level 11
    • Minotaur's Quick Chop now does less damage.
    • While you weren't testing, Black Manta retrieved the remainder of his arsenal. Players will now be required to disarm Black Manta's Mines.
    -Millbarge
    • Like x 2
  10. JackUSPS Well-Known Player

No! Simply cause hackers would get the fame in the current state of the game.
    • Like x 2
  11. JackUSPS Well-Known Player

I don't even think that tool gonna be as much of an issue as the defense/health glitch/exploit where you can become literally invincible.

Let's be honest, if a group cant provide a full round video this time around it has to be assumed they didnt done it legit. It has never been so important before to record if you want to be acknowledged as a legitimate SM high round group and that's sad =/
  12. Happy® New Player

Why would i show my tactics to people i dont think non of good groups will show others how they pass that rounds maybe 2-3 min video to prove they done it when sm event is over yeah people will start to upload full fight videos plus over years in game i can guess which group is able to finish it and which group cant if i see that golden crown on some random person i will know that person get it with speed hack and that person still will be a nobody to me
  13. TheOracle Active Player

At the later rounds, some of those rounds can last 1hr plus and that a pretty big file. I can understand not wanting to record the whole damn thing and upload it.....HOWEVER, in the age of the game where most everyone exploited something somewhere you have to question everything. When I see someone that has more than a few billion, I automatically presume it was exploited just because of the shear number of exploiters/exploits. Point being this game is bug ridden and the community has become more toxic its a VERY strong possibility. That being said I wouldn't auto jump to the conclusion they exploited if they didn't show proof. But in this day and age, everything is under suspicion when it comes to this kind of stuff. Then again you have certain people that when called out on exploits when they themselves had the video proof on their YT channel, they make up stupid excuses as to why its not a exploit.
  14. TheOracle Active Player

So you want to get rid a legitimate tactic in a SM...but you have no issue using the Mental glitch in past SM.... interesting.
    • Like x 1
  15. Juvenile Active Player

It's not an intended tactic it's an exploit of the artifact. Reason why Dash attack, speed drain, & few other powers cooldowns were increased to 30 seconds. Only reason why Bug, Wolf, & Dog haven't been touched is probably because they didn't know that was another way around it to cheese the effects of eye of the gemini. Regardless of that they'll issue role specific cooldowns most likely, increasing the costs to 5,000 or 10,000 least likely but possible. It needs to be handled.

For the mental part you're still complaining about Mentals WM into Grandeur. Now you see you're argument WOULD'VE been valid if we were using every 18 or 30 seconds to get the extra damage but the way it worked was it you start your rotation with it and go on from there never to use it again for another 15mins to 20mins depending how long the round lasted so 1 WM in 20mins but okay great EXTRA DPS huh? . If you would've mentioned how some leagues were standing on top ledges like in HH SM to dodge mechanics to beat rounds or them glitching underneath the ground in FoS SM or outside the map in FoS to beat rounds that would be different. Mental WM increased damage wasn't good in SM at because again you would only use it once every 15 to 20mins.

Plus if you knew anything about Survival Mode and reaching the highest rounds possible we're not talk rounds 1 thru 12 or 1 thru 15 we're talking 15+ 16+. You would know you don't run Dps's at all and if you do happen to have a Dps it's a mandatory tank power dps. Other than that it was strictly surviving until 1 Boss was gone then we would run a Dps that was a tank power. I already know what you're intentions were commenting that attempting to take credit away from Success, Entitled, SF, Legacy, and many other leagues that made it far that probably had a mental Dps at one point. The reality of it is metal never existed on any high rounds that actually mattered.

Anyways keep the topic on point about this current survival no toxic posts.
    • Like x 1
  16. TheOracle Active Player

It was not a EXPLOIT of the artifact, you must learn the difference between cheesing something and an exploit. An exploit is a bug//glitch that players use to further themselves. Example: The death counter in HiveE abusing that at LB was an exploit (It clearly wasn't intended yet people abused it), The replay/TC exploit, Feeding augments into artifacts to get crazy high XP etc, the Mental exploit...All those were bugs that players EXPLOITED by players to further themselves. The EoG+Dash attack, pheromone bloom, etc was not a exploit, their was no bug, it was functioning EXACTLY the way it was supposed to. Cheesing is using something that requires minimal skill/knwledge to do something. The EoG+DashAttack for example was cheesing, it required minimal skill to spam the SC to become infinitely shielded, but it was working exactly the way it was supposed to.

That being said let me tackle your other statement. If it could be only used every 20 mins or so, how come you spammed it in raids/SM. Ive seen it with my own eyes. I have video proof of a popular league spamming it in SM, if it could only be used every 20 mins...why were people spamming it? I put literally hundreds of people on ignore for spamming it in raids. I've personally done that exploit on test server to test what others have been saying about it only being able to be used every x minutes, its a lie.

Now, is using wolf+gemini/pet artifact cheesing something? I can't argue against that point so I'll grant you that one. But the nature issues are completely different from SM testing and you're conflating the 2 making your argument completely invalid. Admittedly your argument was already invalid because you told blatant untruths to try (and fail) to make a point.
  17. Juvenile Active Player

You can only use it when you die or drop the AM. Unfortunately the people I played with barely died in "SM" low rounds So they were only really getting it off every once a round sometimes twice a boss fight and once every ad round and obviously you don't purposely drop your AM mid fight to do it. Raids is a different story we're talking specifically SM. I can't speak for others dying 8-10 times a round using it multiple times that didn't happen in my groups.

They want to make the SM challenging they want the end tier players to challenge themselves right? The best of the best right? Nature Gemini spam needs to be looked into before it drops. Not everyone will run Nature bugs spamming infinite supercharges every 10seconds. So obviously certain groups will be at a disadvantage. Yes the artifact is working as intended but the Devs didn't intend it to be used this way reason why it'll be fixed eventually and Hoepfully before SM is released.
  18. TheOracle Active Player

But wait a minute, I thought you and the handful of players you run with want challenge in SM right? I've seen people in your league and friends of yours leagues run in nature heal role with the artifact setup and do crazy DPS in SG/FOAe....So, its OK to use something like that in content that is directly tied to progression, but not use it in SM something thats not tied to progression what so ever? PLEASE explain this logic....you know don't because I already have an idea of what you're going to say.
    [IMG]
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

What I can see from this post is that both of you want the nature SC spam to be corrected before this thing goes live. That's good.

As for attacking each other's leagues, you should probably take it to another thread.
  20. Shattered Psychosis Well-Known Player

Because progression is different than bragging rights/difficulty. The same principle applies in PvP. If I'm ranking up to get 101 gear or getting marks of valor for the pvp style vendor, yeah, if I queue up as rage or atomic, I'm going to spam/be in in tank role. If I'm mental, I'm going to be in troll role with spam shields. But if someone wants to scrim me, me knowing that I have a huge advantage from my powerset, If I want to brag about beating that person legit, I'm going to queue up for a legends match, iconics only, or weapon only instead because even if it's still broken in some ways, it's not as broken as the top end cheese for arenas. You want to maximize how much of it is skill based when it's something you actually care about. For example, there'd be no point in having crowns for R30 of SM if tanks still had a free dash attack every 6s, and a group shield supercharge every 7-10s from 3 support roles rotating gemini. It's something easily replicated by other people and so it defeats the purpose of bragging about it. No one brags about beating FoAE, and to me at least, the only people who should be bragging in ShatE is the tanks (excluding rage). If you're able to hold 3-4 sets of adds from last boss in 1 go, that's braggable. If you did ShatE as earth aftershock, that's braggable. But outside of the cog bugs, you really didn't need excessive burn so DPS bragging rights are meh, trolls never get bragging rights in any content period so meh, and healing is easy if you're not at a high madness level and keep it down.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.