Test Discussion Survival Mode: Content

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, May 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

But Anti-Monitor isn't a boss in the SM. If he were, maybe they would be viable too.
    • Like x 1
  2. Shattered Psychosis Well-Known Player

Tell that everyone who's been complaining about Flurry for over a year.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Flick me a private message if you want, happy to have a chat about stuff off topic further if you like :)
    • Like x 1
  4. TheOracle Active Player

So this is cheesing in SM, but not when tanking elite content in the normal game? This infuriated me in the past SMs.
  5. TheOracle Active Player

They are cheese they trivialize the content. I personally wish the devs would get rid of qwa-bombs altogether. That way it would eliminate the temptation of using them altogether OR a slightly more reasonable suggestion is banning their use altogether outside of the seasonal itself..
  6. Shattered Psychosis Well-Known Player

There's a community that wants it disabled in all content it can be abused. SM is just the hardest content in the game so if there's any place to make sure it applies, it's there.
  7. TheOracle Active Player

Double jumping with SS is a legitimate kitting technique, as been for years. Same for zip-lining. Although zipline less so because last time I was acro, if you were fighting in combat for a while about the most you could do is do a glide that moves you all of 4ft. But since we're on this subject of getting ride of things that can be cheesed. Can you agree that they need to rebalance DW>FS & Bow>SB. Because from the looks of it, a huge majority of the groups running SM will ONLY be taking prec DPS and if you're not they're going to tell you go support or go away. Their is a whole league out their that can only do prec DPS to beat elite because w/o it they can't.
  8. TheOracle Active Player

So just to be clear, this is intended and will stay in place on live? If so I gotta say its BS. And forces out certain people who refuse to switch powers or level up new artifacts to go prec just for a 1 month deal..
  9. Heywiar Committed Player

The roleless buffs are not intended as previously confirmed by Mepps. Chill is saying that he already got confirmation on its fix from the devs. They won't be in live, thankfully!
  10. TheOracle Active Player

It looks like you're defending the use of Qwa-bombs in this SM, but the Qwa-bombs will trivialize the **** out of SM. But then you say that not having a controller/might DPS in raid trivializes that role because of the roleless buff system.
  11. Shattered Psychosis Well-Known Player

Nope. Because it's showing bias. If you want to complain about Bow single target, you have to complain about Rage and Earth having ridiculously stronger supercharges. You have to complain about Elec in HiveE 1st boss. You have to complain about Elec and Rage having 50% sc's on a 12s cooldown. You have to complain about Elec, Nature, and Rage have good precision supercharges, while everyone else has to settle for Neo-Venom Boost being nerfed due to a defense buff. You have to complain about every top league at least hero side being stacked of nothing but Rage and Ice tanks. You have to complain about Elec and Atomic having ridiculously high group shield multipliers. You have to complain about Mental still having a 60s cooldown on its troll sc. You have to complain about Gadgets turret clipping and Phase Dodge clipping. You have to complain about Ice and Nature having additional pets for splitting damage in pvp. Actually, let me not go into pvp, back to pve. You have to complain about Water reset'ing hot's and shields endlessly and having the only regular 8 man shield in the game. I'm not going to say Flurry doesn't overperform a little, I'm not going to say it's not convenient. But I am going to say, I get a little ticked off when people want to go after Flurry and kill off an entire playstyle of the game having done no weapon testing themselves and being complicit in the rest of the imbalances in the game and the next FOTM that will replace Flurry as soon as it gets nerfed. And the only way that I can find to actually justify a nerf to Flurry would require me having a discussion with the developer in charge of weapons, as I would be proposing an idea that I haven't seen done in the history of this game and I'm not sure if it's possible from a coding standpoint.
  12. TheOracle Active Player

YAY.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheOracle Active Player

OK, after the 10th you gotta complain about x I saw where it was going. This is a lot to cover and will get this off topic which don't wanna happen not in here.....admittedly, I kinda started it.
  14. Rushsteel Active Player

I ran r15 twice yesterday in 2 different groups and I am sure obsidian has the recording of our 15 to 19 rounds. This boss fight is really good and imo is the top 2 hardest boss in the whole sm. Ultraman rng is really the only other boss that seems to be as deadly. However the only difference between this being a hard boss fight for the tank vs a hard fight vs the group is 100 percent the extra add that spawns. The controller and dps if (gadgets) can use stealth handcuff to try and retain cc on the add while burning it down. the add plus vampire lord combined is the only real threat to the tank. You combine that with vampire lord teleporting to a pull into his pool while an add is out. The whole group has to be super aware. All the times we died on that round was when the add was out. Other mechanics makes it a hard tank fight but having the add means the troll dps and healer has to be aware and focus. The fight would still be hard for the tank if the lamp consumables had effect but would just be another free boss. I will rerun with the consumables and we can most likely record and show clips of the difference of danger between using the consumables and not.
  15. Millbarge Developer

Here are some of the changes that will be making their way to PCTest soon™.

• Fixed an issue where the Minotaur would do charge damage for a period of time after his charge completed.
    • Updated the description of Survival Mode in the On Duty Menu.
    • Fixed an issue where Roleless Buffs existed for Survival Mode.
    • Increased damage required to destroy Deathstroke's Ikon Suit by.
    • The Minotaur is now less likely to tolerate being kited.
    • Survival Staging Area now contains a Repair Vendor.
    • Lex is now less likely to target pets.
    • King Shark's Vortices (plural) now travel faster and do more damage.
    • Ultimate Soldier will no longer eat shrapnel from his own Battlefield Ordnance.
    • Minotaur's Spinning Axes now have a tendency to follow players.
    -Millbarge
    • Like x 6
  16. myandria Item Storage

Thank you!:D
  17. High Troller Loyal Player

This couldn't have come out Soon™er
    • Like x 1
  18. Millbarge Developer

Looks like the Repair Vendor won't in the current build on PCTest - he'll be in the next patch.
    Other than that - I think we're good.

Ding Ding, Round 2!

-Millbarge
    • Like x 2
  19. Juvenile Active Player

So for the removal of movement mode let take it back to past SM's where were grounded instantly for trying to Double superspeed jump, Fly, or zipline. I stronger feel that should be implemented again. We can use superspeed or acro on the ground but we can't go further than that. I also stronger believe that all movement mode moves like Dash attack, perfect poise, and Dust off need to be disabled.

I feel like that's fair enough since majority of the people are complaining about it being it removed in general.
  20. Juvenile Active Player

Also on another note Nature healers spamming Bug, Wolf, & Dog to give the troll and dps infinite supercharge taking advantage of eye of the Gemini should be looked into also before this survival is released on live.

Trolls will have infinite group supers to use every 30 seconds or 60 seconds depending on their power.

Dps's will have infinite damage superchargers to use to burn quicker.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.