Test Discussion Survival Mode: Content

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, May 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread to report bugs and offer feedback (especially on the bosses and challenge) for the new Survival Mode. If you can, be very specific about what your group make-up is, and which attack/mechanic/boss you are commenting on.

Thank you for testing!
    • Like x 4
  2. Millbarge Developer

Thanks for making this thread Mepps! Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Here are some of the changes that will be making their way to PCTest:
    • Fixed an issue where the Minotaur would do charge damage for a period of time after his charge completed.
    • Updated the description of Survival Mode in the On Duty Menu.
    • Fixed an issue where Roleless Buffs existed for Survival Mode.
    • Increased damage required to destroy Deathstroke's Ikon Suit by.
    • The Minotaur is now less likely to tolerate being kited.
    • Survival Staging Area now contains a Repair Vendor.
    • Lex is now less likely to target pets.
    • King Shark's Vortices (plural) now travel faster and do more damage.
    • Ultimate Soldier will no longer eat shrapnel from his own Battlefield Ordnance.
    • Minotaur's Spinning Axes now have a tendency to follow players.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 5
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Lex Luthor isn't showing skull warnings for his special attacks including his Air Strike.
  4. Shattered Psychosis Well-Known Player

R1-4 definitely need to be shortened for replayability from the regular playerbase. We spent ~35 minutes for every 2 rounds, with Johnny Quick eating up at least 20 minutes alone. And that's with ice @ 23k prec (~Atlantis dlc prec). Not OP but that's still average burn for most might powersets at near max stats for the current dlc which means the majority of the playerbase is going to be around that burn level if not lower slightly. 2 waves of adds feels good, but the health on them is too high. I'd say a 20-30% health reduction on adds and maybe bosses. Johnny Quick also seemed to be slightly more annoying than on live. Couldn't land several orbitals on him because he jumped so much to the point I couldn't even use an Orbital after he jumped and get the full damage before he jumped again assuming it hit at all. Few if any orbitals on that fight, have to be spread out because of the tether so no gemini/supply drop sharing/cheese, and he's jumping out of range repeatedly sometimes, and you're looking at a long boss fight with 1 dps. Pull-in was also annoying and almost a 1shot, but Reflect in the rotation saved me a lot of times. The inconveniences are fine when you talk about the higher levels, but the first 10 should be for average players imo. 10-20 would be the actual challenge for the above average players, and 20+ should be for the elite. Right now I'm estimating 3-4 hours for just R1-10 with no wipes since we finished Round 4 at a little over an hour taking out 1 wipe. That's normally the burn out stage where you leave a raid and just get offline for a few hours. Playing SM the day it drops for 3 hours and then quitting for the rest of the day probably isn't ideal for selling resets.

Group comp:
    ice prec dps
    rage tank
    gadgets troll
    elec? healer
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I played in a group that consisted of the following:
    Gadgets Controller (me)
    Electric Healer
    Rage Tank
    Ice Precision DPS

The group was all CR 270 and did a good job of communicating. We made it to Round 5 before our healer had to call it a night.

Some Thoughts:
    Lex Luthor - Did not show skull when doing his Air Strike or other special attacks.
    King Shark - This guy was pretty easy. As long as you could avoid the charge attack, there were no issues.
    Baron Von Savage - Seemed pretty easy. Just block his skulls and roll away from his jump attack. Nothing special to worry about here.

Johnny Quick was on a different level than the previous bosses. I found it to be a rather annoying fight because Johnny was constantly jumping around. You just had to be patient and get your attacks in when you could. There was no chance of using something like an Orbital Strike. The After Images had a little too much health in my opinion. It felt like hiding against the wall was a much safer option than trying to burn down a couple of the images. Also, I always felt like Johnny could use a better tell for his Tornado Pull attack. That attack has always been hard to see and it can OHKO you at lower Rounds if you don't have a shield up.

The boss health across all the rounds felt excessive. Our DPS was doing a great job, but it was still quite a marathon. Johnny Quick required a good 20 minutes to kill. I was specced as a Standard Controller and not as a Precision Dual-Wield using Controller. I feel like I'm going to have to change up my spec just to make the fights go a bit faster. Going through the fights for the first time is fun, but I feel like the fun factor will diminish greatly if you have to go through a particular round multiple times for these marathon battles.
    • Like x 1
  6. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

Oh everyone going straight to precision for testing..... interesting, expected nothing less
    • Like x 3
  7. Shattered Psychosis Well-Known Player

Considering I'm prec on live, they said it was mechanic heavy which means movement involved and jc'ing flurry is quick and consistent, also heard from a birdie that the high rounds would demand tank powers apparently and every tank power is trash relatively speaking single target might ranked, the add movement is wonky and you couldn't even get clear aoe damage consistently if the tank is slightly kiting,and I might have to clutch a portion of the alert without a troll, yeah I'm going prec.
  8. Ully Committed Player

Group Setup

Rage Tank CR270 Under 300 SP
    Munitions Troll CR270 Under 300 SP
    Nature Healer CR270 Under 300 SP
    Electric DPS Cr270 Under 300 SP

My group played R1 to R10 and I can honestly say, this is probably one of the best SM experiences I've ever had. The 4-man setup leaves little room for error and it requires each player to thoroughly understand boss mechanics. On that note, the room mechanics interact well with some of the bosses and while these preliminary rounds aren't that difficult per se, there's enough danger present, to keep players alert.

I'll be testing the higher rounds tomorrow and I'll provide feedback and maybe a video, highlighting the lower rounds.

Devs, please do not change anything.
  9. Shattered Psychosis Well-Known Player

This I can agree with. The difficulty of the mechanics was fine, it was the health I had a main issue with. How many hours did 1-10 take? And how much longer do the rounds get after Round 4?
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Bug Report

The roleless buff system applies to this SM because of the 4-man setup. If you run without a controller then the entire group will have continual POT allowing 2 dps setups which drastically increases the ease at which this SM can be completed.

The roleless buff system should not apply here.
    • Like x 12
  11. Brother Allen Loyal Player

There is no skull warning, however, he does do a laughing emote at the player he is targeting before every special attack. By staying spread out, you can easily tell who the attack is going to be directed at. However, there is no distinguishing tell for which special attack it is.
    • Like x 1
  12. High Troller Loyal Player

below are the round 7 and round 8 boss fights. feedback on deathstroke (round 7)... his special move doesn't quite at 2:32 doesn't quite line up with his special move from hive raid 2nd boss. not sure if the nerf was intentional. compare to round 9 universal soldier boss... r9 is significantly harder hitting.

8:49 starts the minotaur fight. boss definitely hits hard and i begin to wonder how effective fortified assault neck mod really is... with this blocking.... i kinda feel like using mod that rewards you for blocking. the atomic self healing is not enough to face the boss head on. changes on my part need to be made.

this is raw boss footage from round 9. universal soldier hits super hard. i'm not asking for a nerf by any means.

i haven't streamed in over 2 years.. sorry for the very poor quality.
  13. High Troller Loyal Player

i agree on this.
    • Like x 1
  14. Jokers Falcon Level 30

Our group composition as Ully said was:

Rage Tank: CR:270 SP:<280
    Munitions Troll: CR:270 SP:<280
    Nature Hea/DPS (Precision): CR:271 SP:<280:
    Electric DPS (Precision): CR:270 SP:<280

We beat everything up to round 9 and wiped on Ultraman at 25% health on round 10 because our tank got an unlucky lasso. Called it a night after that. The completion times for each boss were as follows (including adds):

Round 1 (Lex): 1 of each role 9 minutes
    Round 2 (King Shark): 1 of each role 10 minutes
    Round 3 (Baron Von Savage): 1 of each role 10 minutes
    Round 4 (Johnny Quick): 2 DPS no heal 8 minutes
    Round 5 (Vampire Lord): 1 of each role 12 minutes
    Round 6 (Black Manta): 1 of each role 10 minutes
    Round 7 (Deathstroke): 2 DPS no heal 8 minutes
    Round 8 (Minotaur): 2 DPS no heal 10 minutes
    Round 9 (Ultimate Soldier): 1 of each role 15 minutes
    Round 10 (Ultraman): 1 of each role Wiped

As Obsidian said the roleless effects should be removed, but even if they are, when this drops on live and we have out best toons available the times to finish these rounds shouldn't change by much. Too be honest they're gonna be faster. It's set at a good difficulty right now in my opinion. Now here's what we found for specific rounds.

Round 1 - Lex Luthor (easy)
    He hast the same attacks as last SM if I remember correctly, which are three moves. He doesn't have a skull but the tell is his laugh, which gives more than enough time for players to get ready for the hit. One move he does is the orbital strike, which grounds you and one shots unless you role out of the way. Blocking doesn't help, and we didn't test supercharge shields because you might as well save those for pickups. The second move is a laser that he shoots to a random member. As long as you block this you will be fine. The final move only applies to the tank as it's a melee AOE. As long as you block during his tell (laugh) and wait out to see if you need to block or not you'll be fine.

Round 2 - King Shark (easy)
    He acts the same way he does in Crown elite, so he charges on a skull but it's more than enough time to move out of the way. He only spawns 1 hurricane to move around the map but it's slow, barely moves, and it's not a one shot. Other than that it's mostly on the tank to deal with his whirlpool melee attacks.

Round 3 - Baron Von Savage (easy)
    It was fun fighting this JFAe boss again, he has the same moves as the raid. One skull he does is a melee spear attack on the tank but if they are kiting it doesn't do anything. His other skull involves doing a map-wide AOE attack that isn't really harmful. I think this should be buffed a little bit to make people at least pop shields and need to block instead being relaxed about it. The only real threat is his random lunging but he spends so much airtime that it's easy avoidable. That's only us however it might be fast enough for other people.

Round 4 - Johnny Quick (medium)
    This was a fun fight with the PANe boss. We were able to no heal it, but the constant teleports, arc lightnings, pull ins, kept us on our toes. I don't think this needs any changes on round 4 at least.

Round 5 - Vampire Lord (medium)
    I hate this boss because of DR, but it was a good fight. We needed all roles available and it's the first time I actually needed to watch my heals and shields because of his three skull moves and adds popping. I don't think it needs any changes.

Round 6 - Black Manta (easy)
    He spawns one bomb every 20 seconds ish but it isn't that deadly. On top of that the skull attack laser he does seems to be fine, even through blocking people would die unless the healer was on top of it. I personally think @millbarge you should definitely add the chain bombs to this fight to make it more interesting.

Round 7 - Deathstroke (easy)
    To be honest I don't know if his ikon suit is working as intended because we had 2 dpses during the fight so burn was on point. This boss fight was way to easy considering almost everything he did was lunge-able, so he spent most of the fight on his back. We didn't need to do anything except stand still and straight burn.

Round 8 - Minotaur (easy)
    If the tank aggros the boss and circles the room on the outside, the Minotaur doesn't do anything but follow the tank. He doesn't attack or lose aggro, so the 2 dpses can stand in the middle and burn him. Every now and then he will skull which means he picks one person to charge at. That's when we lead him to a holographic chain that dazes him long enough to drop orbitals. Overall the rounds 7-8 set were the easiest ones.

Round 9 - Ultimate Soldier (difficult)
    I personally love the USe raid, especially doing part 5 with only 4 people, so my league loved this boss. The only issue right now is that there's a bug in which the bombs that spawn can do MASSIVE damage to him. If that gets fixed then the fight will be fine.

Round 10 - Ultraman (medium)
    We were only able to attempt this boss once, but we got his health down to about 25% before wiping, so we called it a night. Avoiding all the bombs and shielding up is pretty easy, even Ultraman's lunges don't one shot at this level. The tank is basically carrying the group in this fight because the boss hits hard. 1 unlucky lasso and it might wipe the whole group like ours. Otherwise it was another PANe boss which was cool.
    • Like x 2
  15. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

Lex Luthor has no skull tell, plus I died a lot from his laser beam which I couldn't see at all (on PC). There was no animation whatsoever.
  16. Shattered Psychosis Well-Known Player

Request from a friend after viewing footage: Disabling movement mode while in SM. Gets rid of:
    - Flight tanking cheese (falling animation constant juggle/only ranged damage from adds and bosses
    - Dash Attack use possibly
    - Zipline'ing across the room as kiting
    - Double jump'ing with ss as kiting etc.
    • Like x 1
  17. Millbarge Developer

I wanted to drop in and say Thank You! for all of the feedback and interest in Survival Mode. I saw quite a few groups jump on immediately and start testing...some even noticed me in their instance because the Progress Point system required I vote...

I'll take a look at all feedback and the data on Monday and see what, if any, changes need to be made.

Please keep things civil in the feedback thread - everyone is coming here to provide feedback to make something they enjoy even better. Let's make sure their feedback and point of view can be heard regardless of the level you agree/disagree with their feedback.

Good luck in your race to the top!

-Millbarge
    • Like x 7
  18. Juvenile Active Player

Yes Brice is right there's no need for a skull his tell if the laugh animation which will be called out by someone most likely the tank. A skull tell is not needed.
  19. Juvenile Active Player

Please looking into roleless buff being removed and movement modes inside the Titan train room should be disabled at all times like the previous Survival Modes. Movement modes allow you to easily dodge and cheese certain attacks and mechanics.
  20. Jokers Falcon Level 30

There's a progress point bug after round 11. As you can see at the 27:27 mark, we vote in to go to round 11. When we go in however, it says round 1, (even though it's round 11). This can be seen with the CR of the adds and boss. Round 10 of SM is CR 340 on Ultraman and in the video you can clearly see adds and bosses starting at CR 345 and ending at 363 on the round 15 adds. After we wiped on an add in Round 15, it took us out and didn't allow us to use our R13 and R15 points even though we JUST beat those rounds. If you could look into this Millbarge that would be amazing, I don't mind doing it again but it sucks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.