Survival Mode Coming Back in 2020 ?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by HEALB4, Dec 24, 2019.

1. SekretVillain Loyal Player

It needs to go back to 8man or nothing at all because 4man was exploited to high heavens. The same would happen in solo or duo except it would be complained about that their to hard for solos and duos and needed nerfed. That's why it needs to just remain a 8man.
    • Like x 2
  2. HEALB4 Level 30

Ye 8 man is definitely the best choice since previous SMs worked just fine :p
  3. The Anxient Loyal Player

8 man's have been exploited in the past as well. I preferred the 4 man format.
    • Like x 1
  4. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

It is pretty messed up that next SM I dont plan to use my troll. Instead I am just going to make my precision dps go mental, hl, or quantum.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reverse Sentry Active Player

Defo 8man.
    Why ?
    -> Not that restrictions(limits) in terms of spots
    -> More challenging because more stuff can happen to the group
    -> Roles need to do their job in order to keep their group alive
    -> More fun overall
    Why SM?
    -> Game needs a reason to gear up
    -> no reason to gather OP Stuff and Elite gear when we finish elite on 1st day of release with old gear like it is nothing.
    -> People desire exclusive styles and a challenge to prove themselves etc.
    • Like x 1
  6. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Hmm, I disagree. lol :p
  7. The Anxient Loyal Player

You have the right to be wrong.
    • Like x 1
  8. Cyro Committed Player

i am ALL for sm (its one of the reasons i left the game) but metal one was out for like 3 months, we just got metal 2 on top of xmas seasonal, in two weeks we will have anniversary event, and then the vday event i am quite frankly overwhelmed. Never thought id say this but easy up on content a bit. Sm right now would be far too much.
    • Like x 1
  9. High Troller Loyal Player

And those that specialize in grinding for troller gear from the vendor get left out. Troller gear has the lowest health out of all great sets. This creates a disadvantage. 1, 2 and 4 player content aren't "geared" for trollers in the traditional sense. Healers and DPS aren't that far behind.
    • Like x 3
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

This is why I prefer the 8-man versions we used to have. You got more room for proper difficulty with all roles in mind rather than indirectly pushing certain roles/spec's as the "required" meta as much as the 4-man version did and what a Solo Survival 100% would do.

I'd like to see another 4-man improved upon from the last one, but the safest bet to not exclude roles nor the desired difficulty in said game mode would be to go back to the 8-man Survival-format.
    • Like x 4
  11. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Troller gear has the same health stat as dps gear, not sure about healer's.

A solo survival can work, just look at my bloody signature.
  12. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I hope it doesn’t come back.. the time they put into making these nonsense sm and holiday base items could be used to make a new power.. even if we only get one power a year itd b worth it
    • Like x 1
  13. Kuno Loyal Player

Just no please.
    I dont want the devs to have an excuse to no release an episode for 8 months just for this elitist crap.
    • Like x 2
  14. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

Even if SM returns as a 8 man raid, there's still going to be artifacts, role setups and playstyles that will be advantageous over others.
    • Like x 2
  15. Reverse Sentry Active Player

Ehm I may refer to my previous posts, why do you see any sense in playing the episode which includes gearing ?
    For what do you gear ? Simple answer. For nothing.
    Aslong as there wont be any harder content than elite, gearing will always be senseless since elite content is being finished on 1st day or release with old gear.
    Tho I get your point in terms of time consumption for the devs, yea it takes long but I would rather prefer SM over another "senseless episode" as mentioned before.
    Lately those episodes are designed sterotypically anyway.
  16. kingmasternova Loyal Player

No i strongly disagree
  17. High Troller Loyal Player

that boss doesn't increase in CR stats though. NPC CRs increase in each round in SM. not knocking your video though. great job.

do you think each round would just be mechanics and an obstacle course? do you think we get heal barrels? that's not what SM is unless they do another change.
  18. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Once you get the style feat you unlock a discount for the vendor gear which makes DPS gar attainable with 1-2 weeks worth of marks. Between 14 gear slots, 4 utility belt slots, 3 artifacts slots and 6 augment slots, we have the freedom and ability to create all kinds of custom hybrid loadouts to fit various scenarios. DPS and one's power's role doesn't have to be a switch, it can be a spectrum. Why confine yourself in a box?
  19. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Not by 75%+ of the population like the 4mans did
  20. Reverse Sentry Active Player

I could really imagine a new Survival Mode being set in the Sub-Construct and its final room.

[IMG]