Support Lowering the cost of PvP gear. "Dev Input please"

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by MyDpsIsBetter, Feb 6, 2016.

1. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Hello to everyone, I would like to start off saying me and so many others are having a great time with the return of pvp and the server merge, this was a amazing step in the right direction, many players that moved on awhile ago have returned with a new found interest in the game. However one issue needs to be addressed and it is indeed a major one that should get some attention, many players with alts, newer players and even returning players who are behind in pvp tiers have a incredible grind to get through to even think of starting the grind for the current pvp gear that has been out for some time now. I feel it is important to maintain the momentum pvp has right now by reducing the cost of pvp gear across the board allowing everyone to enjoy pvp for all it is worth. Thank you all for taking the time to read this!
    • Like x 16
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

They probably have new pvp gear in the works. If they bring back role specific gear I'd expect a full restart like they did when punchline came out.
  3. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I'd like to support this, but this game has the Dark Heart of an MMO. Which means a grind longer than you want for any gear is exactly what you're going to get.

I don't really find the current grind to be all that bad anyway. CR 100 spike, maybe, but not the others.
  4. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Just started working on my 100 set. Grinding my *** off and enjoying it
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I agree, If we're trying to help new players let them acquire the gear in a more timely fashion. I'm all for people grinding but the pvp gear is to long even for me especially doing it on multiple characters or for new players. I could lvl up a character from 0-max pve cr prob 3 times before i could get a max cr set of pvp gear and thats just crazy.

People say they want to help and encourage more players to play pvp, well cut this useless grind out. Also if people could gear up faster there would be no need for stat clamps cause most players would be on more of a even playing field.

Something else that would be nice would be to drop random pieces of gear or a weapon in pvp matches that would take the grind down a bit to. Right now you don't really get anything but marks and thats kinda boring if you ask me. Spice it up a bit with some drops once in a while. You could mix in base items, gear and weapons. Give players something to look forward to not just marks.
    • Like x 1
  6. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

According to wave dox this is your first grind to 100 cr, once you do it multi times it becomes a pain, and even more so when you do it from scratch.
  7. ArchelyMS Well-Known Player

Lowering the cost of Legends Characters would be nice.
    • Like x 3
  8. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

No doubt. Hoping it is included in gear unlocking whenever that's released. I barely like repeating feats on multiple toons. Notice I didn't disagree with you, I just said I was enjoying it. I don't think prices should be lower fire first timers though but yeah if you already have a set on 1 toon you should just be able to work on the top end on an alt. At full price

• Like x 1
  9. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Hell I would be happy with a higher cap.
    • Like x 2
  10. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Yea my first go around it wasn't to bad, at all im happy your enjoying it :) and I agree.
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

The 100 set sucks, still chewing on that (took a break for style feats. yey style vendors) - that aside, it's not too bad.
    • Like x 1
  12. Saami Loyal Player

How many wins it takes to get full pvp gear from zero?
    Around 1000 would be nice round number and not too bad grind for those who like to pvp.
  13. SpriteLee New Player

I enjoy working hard to get gear, even with annoying stat clamps and stat boosts.
    • Like x 1
  14. Nitrac Well-Known Player

I find it to be one of the worst things about the game. The fact that I have to re-mod or re-mod and re-gear to play a different role is terrible.
    • Like x 4
  15. Nitrac Well-Known Player

That's a huge grind...
    • Like x 3
  16. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Either they should do this or Plan B:

Plan B: Scale the Maps.
    I shouldn't be getting 100/200 marks in a 5v5 match, when I can just get them in a 1v1. 5V5 should easily grant you more, that way it scales.

So I was thinking like this:
    1v1s= 100/200
    2v2= 300/400
    4v4=700/800
    5v5=900/1000
    8v8=1500/2000

8V8 matches are the biggest, and hardest. But the rewards for it is way off, if the match is bigger and harder; the greater the rewards imo.
    • Like x 8
  17. ZypherUSPC Committed Player

I support this 100%.
    • Like x 4
  18. SeeMeFight Well-Known Player

Agreed.

PVP should always be easy to get into, difficult to master.
    • Like x 6
  19. Eminence Dedicated Player

PvP gear grind is way too much.
    • Like x 4
  20. ArchelyMS Well-Known Player

new player with like 90 skill points vs full 100 with 225+ skill points. I can say this "The Grind is NIGH!"
    with the cost of gear and the stats are like +5 to +15 per stat is like, serious? i just spend 2000 valors on this 97 piece and the 98 is just a few numbers more? seriously? and i had a hard time just to lose all the time and get 100 marks.

I think the gear cost should be lowered because it's more rewarding for the hard work we do just to get the gear, it is not well in favor to be forced in this kind of treatment if we are just not skilled enough in pvp to grind the gear and farm the feats.

skilled players do what they do but it's not fair to players of average for grinding and grinding.
    maybe put the replay badges reward system back to get a box for daily reward and weekly reward that rewards 500 daily and 1000 weekly. I have no problem using replay badges for that and that will be the only rewards loot lock, and 200 win and 100 free grind.
    since the devs are all about money, hey give it to them, and they will do it.
    • Like x 1