Superspeed/Acrobatics Wall-Climb Bug

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Karasawa, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordZeonidas New Player

This is very annoying. The other night I found a wall that when climbing to the top, it was like the last inch of the wall had some kind of joker gas on it that made me turn around and go right back down the wall. I finally had to jump off back on to the ground and get my head right and go at it again.

Ive beaten Superman, Bane, Flash, and many more in hand to hand combat, fought hoards of giant ape men threatening to devolve the world, I have even beaten up a thief stealing an innocent woman's purse....only to take the purse for myself MUAHHAHAMUAHAHA....
    But the top of dat wall...
  2. surge914 New Player

Yes this is a problem and should be fixed.
  3. wilyfox New Player

I have only one character with acrobatics, and it was my first. I like the idea behind the movement style, but I have had too many problems with being unable to climb to the top of some buildings because of an invisible lip of some sort that sends me running back down or falling off. I have to get close to the top and do some kind of weird double jump manuever just to get on the roof. For any kind of curved surface, (HoD for example) it gets pretty wonky too. I understand this may be the intended design of the programming behind the movement type, but is it possible to re-work how a character behaves when inverted? I have generally just resorted to falling off of the surface when upside down just to free myself of the bizarre directional changes.
  4. D4rkwond3r New Player

Hey Kara,

As a SS user also i encounter this issue everyday. I would like to see a fix on it as it frustrates me in specific places. Nice video and nice demonstration.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This issue has been submitted to the team, and we are investigating.
    • Like x 2
  6. Daemonic Visions Committed Player

Thank you Mepps, this has been an on going Issue since Beta!
    It would frustrate me to no end trying to do the Acrobatics races and when I quickly grapple to a wall and try and climb it, it would bounce me off and I would have all of my directions in reverse!

Didn't really know about SS, but Acrobatics reverse glitching has been around since the dawn of time!
  7. LucidityKJ Dedicated Player

IDK if this has been mentioned here or not, but:

If you're acro/ss, and you're running around suddenly in all sorts of directions and can't correct yourself, tap block. You'll drop like a stone off of whatever you're clung to and it's much faster than clicking in and out of movement mode.
    • Like x 1
  8. Echephyle New Player

This is really annoying, especially when trying to get briefings or doing races
  9. Vulmyss Dedicated Player

Hey it's kawawa :D
    But yes, I've noticed this. It can be a pain.
  10. Raikken New Player

The super speed one is worse to me, the acrobatics one does suck but how often are you climbing stuff during combat. I like to jump around when im in combat sometimes or just to avoid things in wave, but if im super speed and i hold the analog stick back to jump away it automatically pulls you forward into who ever your targeting, the only way to not be pulled is by jumping left or right. anyopne else have this problem
  11. Lucaefor New Player

Progress report please.
  12. Bloodartist New Player

I have always thought the superspeed bug is a 'feature', that results from the speeder running into some manner of an obstacle while running up a wall. I mean this has been going on since the launch of the game at least. (I wasnt at beta)

It appears when you run up against angled roofs or big obstacles while running up a wall. Running the walls of hall of doom toward the roof would be a good example. Or the interconnecting tunnels. You are bound to notice it.

If you ask me, the system should decide a route for the speeder according to where the camera is pointed at. The annoying part with this 'feature'/glitch is that while camera is pointed at same direction, you suddenly find yourself going into the exact opposite direction you want, while camera angle doesn't change. Its also so fast it cant really be reacted to. I always just have to switch SS off and start again in the right direction.
  13. GreenNGo Well-Known Player

I am an experienced speedster and I approve this message
  14. JOneFEAR New Player

lol, I only have a problem with SS, when you step on a bent surface, your toon stands sideways is so annoying, acrobatics doesn't have this, we'll climb or stand straight.
  15. Lucaefor New Player

Recently changed movement to superspeed (fire tank, needed phase dodge, switched to SS then they nerfed it, wonderful) and I think there are a number of things related to this.

I've noticed movement reversal on impact with surface geometry. Basically being juggled by the collision which knocks you back can cause movement to reverse.

The shape of the surface can sometimes cause problems if it has angles or is curved. If you try and run up a pipe you often see your toon run round in a circle and then down again rather than straight up the pipe due to the curvature of the pipe surface.

Other times the camera position causes reversal to occur. There is a relationship between the camera view and the movement direction eg. rather than move forward you can flip the camera 180 degrees and press back to move in the same direction. Particularly for mouse users the camera angle moves a lot and you run into constant problems with not going in the direction you want to.

Mostly this is all because terrain hasn't been masked eg a doorway, the door frame should be masked as non-traversible so that even if you were running along the wall once you hit the frame area you naturally come off the wall and run through the centre of the doorway.

Good luck on getting anything out of Mepps and Co. on the "We are investigating" part.
  16. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

I have the same problem it happens to me alot in the watchtower, making difficult to go to some places also.
  17. Mack10 New Player

Trying to use acrobatics on a map like Ace Chemicals PvP is a very frustrating experience. Those railings are nigh impenetrable. It's too easy to get stuck going up and down walls while your opponents get free shots on you.
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

see i have a problem when u say "any other way and people will hate it" u dont speak 4 the community so i wish people would stop doing this. I for 1 cant stand the backwards controls 4 ss and would love 2 see it changed 2 anything else. IMO this is dumb. It happens 2 me alot and i get stuck jumping a huge long double jump in the wrong direction and its extremely frustrating. Please change this devs, I dont think its a bug and it is intended but its awful and needs a fix
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

can i ask y nothing has changed when u said this is being investigated in july and its now almost may? 10 months later and nothing? Wow
  20. skywalker h20 New Player

i have all three types of powers acrobatic,ss and acro and i have had some problems in the beggining like when i use the speedo on walls sometimes i keep going and for acro every thing works well but now my speedo problems are over because i changed my settings hope it helped :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.