Superman's 80th Emblem ALTERNATIVE !

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ElBart, Jun 20, 2021.

1. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

But it isn't the last tree, they are infinite.
  2. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Life isn't fair.
    • Like x 2
  3. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Yikes. I'm willing to bet you have a full shelf of participation trophies don't you? And yes, if I went to a party, or bar, and all of a certain brand of beer was already gone, im not going to make a scene for the next 3 years and compare the hosts to racists lol. This is beyond sad. The amount of entitlement is off the charts with this one
    • Like x 4
  4. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

oh i get all that, but it doesnt mean im not gonna ask for it lol im not making topics dedicated to it but still.
  5. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Dude... I'm 31. I don't even remember the participation trophy days. Make a scene? I've made like 5 posts on the subject since I came back because the subject intrigues me. I may care in the future about these feats if I find the time to catch up though.

I theorize that the clowns that are so opposed to the idea of others getting access to these feats (whether they have to work towards them or not. Who cares?) are just entitled babies themselves with a shiny toy that might be capable of being multiplied and divided without any consequence to the actual carriers of it.

Did you work that hard for your tributes? Did you log in to do some doomed metropolis at the right time? Does it hurt you of others find a way to get it? Will you feel less special?

Buncha trolls that get a kick out of having something that others can't access and want. That is what is sad.
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Nah, if you were being trolled, at the very least you'd see memes of the Emperor from Star Wars saying, "You want this, don't you?" But just to lighten the mood a bit...

[IMG]

By the ripe old age of 31, a person should have learned that sometimes, no matter what you do, you just miss out on something. It happens. And the vast VAST majority of the time, the best (and really only) thing you can do about it is to acknowledge that you missed out and move on.
    • Like x 3
  7. Proxystar #Perception

But... If I miss out on something I just buy it on Ebay :p
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I THINK you are joking, but I'd be scared to find out how many people would actually plop down the $100 for it either way...to get the emblem with no feat, or get the feat with no emblem. I think there are plenty of people with more money than they know what to do with...or at least have messed up priorities with...that it would set a bad precedent. As I'd guess something this one off would be easy enough to program into the store, I'd guess even if it sold to 1% of the user base, DBG would make money.
    • Like x 1
  9. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

You are probably right, but sometimes when you care about something enough to go against the grain and speak up... It should be respected and considered in terms of morality. Not demeaned and shut down by some violently insecure weirdos on the internet that need their 10 feat point advantage.
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That kind of assumes there's some huge benefit to it, though. Even in PvP that really wouldn't amount to much of anything, and PvP is the ONLY inherently competitive part of the game. Anything else in the game is cooperative in nature, players are the ones that make it competitive.

Having that feat is not somehow going to give players who have the feat a huge leg up in the game or gain them extra benefits and rewards. All it does is put that player ever so slightly ahead in gaining their next SP. Nothing more, nothing less. And in the grand scheme of things, gaining one SP is hardly significant.

Respect is earned. Calling those who disagree with you "violently insecure weirdos" probably isn't going to do much to earn any respect. And while you may be trying to argue from a "morality" stance, if you aren't changing minds or getting the support you need that stance may not be as strong as you might think.
    • Like x 1
  11. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

There is no assumption of worth. It's a collectors last piece to a set that ultimately amounts to nothing for most, but for those that are competitive on whatever dc page that lists players with the highest skill points... There is something there, I guess.

And... That's just me calling it how I see it similar to their judgement of my "sense of entitlement". I'm not interested in support or respect. I was interested in deciphering the meaning behind why these people are so petty and I believe I have.
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So you want it because it bugs you? Because not having it means you can't complete that "collection" you're chasing?

Not exactly what I'd call a strong argument, especially if you're really trying to bring morality into the discussion as you said earlier. In fact there'd be an argument to be made that wanting the feat because it bugs you to not have it is petty in and of itself.

You're also being oddly contradictory, saying your arguments/statements should be respected and then saying you're not interested in getting respect for them.
    • Like x 1
  13. Toshknight Loyal Player

we need the snyder cut time capsule to release, that would be the best thing ever. with Supermans armor JL/Bvs/MOS suit, Flashs suit "i know we got alot of flash stuff but, the snyder suit is very unique and awesome, Batflecks dark Knight returns suit, we already got the emblems from the marketplace when we could buy them , but these suits should have the emblems on them, with the batman / superman suits having that Composite weave look to the slimline on there suits, as well as the Cyborg/ Aquaman and WW suits,

#ReleaseTheSnyderCAPSULES ! Lol
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I think I'm joking too. But even I'm not sure anymore.
    • Like x 3
  15. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Like I said... I don't care about it because I have so many other feats that I need. I probably would if I was in the 600 club though.

When I spoke of deserved respect... I was referring to others that spoke out about how unfair they thought it was and appealed to the devs.
  16. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

GUESS WHAT?

Superman's 80th Anniversary Emblem is NOW IN STYLE UNLOCKING AS A FREE UNLOCK!!!! :D

Obviously, you have to have obtained it on at least one of your characters when it was available, and you have to still have that character in your roster! But if you meet those criteria, you can now go unlock it on your other characters! :cool:
    • Like x 2
  17. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Huzzah!!! :eek::D:)
    • Like x 1
  18. Eve YouTuber

Wonder now if it was intended since they didn't mention it anywhere, not even on the latest live stream. :Thinking:
    • Like x 1
  19. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Another darned ninja update? :p
    • Like x 4
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Nobody promised you "fairness."

And if you're pained to look at a feat listing you can't get: try growing up. You'll find endless actually serious frustrations in life. If you can't cope with looking at words in a video game, you'll have real trouble when, say, someone you love gets cancer, or you're fired from the job you love, or you're evicted from your home and broke. Y'know, actual real frustrations in life.