Supergirl's fate

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ghostof91, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Ghostof91 New Player

Hello guys and gals, I was thinking of how well the new actress "Melissa Benoist" will do playing as the Supergirl.
    [IMG]

I'm not sure how well this show will become, but I do like the graphics, what are your thought?
  2. dngnb8 Devoted Player

Special Effects are not enough
  3. The Quickster Well-Known Player

yea, CGI needs some work
    i like Benoist, she's cute. I dont like how they added tights to the costume, she looked better with bare legs and a skirt
    [IMG]

i've seen the Pilot and as far as pilots go it was average. a lot of people are hating on this already and its understandable but im probably going to watch the full season assuming i have time to watch the episodes.
    • Like x 1
  4. Supergirly Dedicated Player

I hope that the show does really well. I am worried about it being on CBS though, cause I just never think of that channel holding a show like this. CW should have taken it, so she could have help of Flash to boost ratings.
    • Like x 3
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Agrecian

To paraphrase the Great Designer: NO TIGHTS!!!!!!
  6. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

I dont know but does it seem (from watching the trailer) that their trying a little too hard to be another Smallville....I'll watch it but i dont have high hopes.
  7. Anothername Well-Known Player

Thankfully no. I did liked watching Smallville, but at some point the rules turned from interesting to hindering the show. In SG you'll see her all geared up & able to fly at the end of the pilot.
  8. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

I think tights are fine she doesn't need to be an object. But I admit the first thing I care about is physical looks when someone is playing a famous person either drawn or so well described that you KNOW what they must look like...Holmes would be a good example of that...Does the actress look like "Supergirl" should...yes!! And keep the tights on so fools can't make old jokes about looking up her skirt as she flies...
    • Like x 1
  9. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

It's a wait and see thing for me...

I hope it's good!

IA ARMY
  10. Lemon Lass New Player

Well to be fair "tights" can also make you look like an object. Sometimes even more so to some people.
  11. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

Tights with a skirt is modest enough for me..at least its a degree more practical for action than Milas 4th Element straps
  12. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Thats good and im happy their not keeping her secret from the other charcters. I hate how it takes seasons for characters to find out the secret.
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Well technically the Supergirl skirt and legs had been done before
  14. Lemon Lass New Player

[IMG]

On a side note here is Supergirl and fate.
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

For those who are saying that tights will stop people looking up her skirt while she is flying, those are not 'tights' but 'pantyhose', and you can get shorts that go on over the underwear when wearing a skirt so pervs don't see the underwear (believe the Japanese call them 'spats')
  16. Magician Dedicated Player

For me, the costume is fine. Changing Jimmy Olsen's character is minimal. What really irks me so far is the excessive references to the other guy. If this is supposed to be about Kara, focus on her and move away from the Superman references. She needs to stand in her own spotlight and not be overshadowed by Superman if this show is going to work.
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Just glad to find out that we are (eventually) going to get the show on free-to-air over here, will at least give it a chance (even if they messed up the cast)