Supercharges Comparison

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by FlreMint, Jun 25, 2017.

1. FlreMint Active Player

I compared Mental, Quantum, Electricity, and Gadgets Supercharges. I did this by getting Area 51 Support gear pluss the op ring from the cr190 box (201cr) and using the Supercharges on the 6 New Genesis adds that guard the teleporter pieces, while on support stance. No mods, no skill points. My might was 12855-12858 either on controller, healer or tank gear.

Damage Supercharges by average total damage (Every damage supercharge had surprisingly consistent damage):

50% Supercharges:

Gadgets' Asphyxiation Gas: 70k
    Quantum's Vortex: 80k
    Electricity's Megabolt: 89k

Seems odd that Gadgets' Asphyxiation Gas damage is lower given that it is a DoT similar to Electricity's Megabolt, and therefore should have a slightly higher output over bursts like Vortex, just like Megabolt does.

100% Supercharges:

Mental's Bolt Barrage: 150k
    Gadgets' Bunker Buster: 170k
    Quantum's Oblivion: 225k

So this makes no sense at all...

First of all 100% supercharges should have a higher than twice the damage output than 50% ones, the reason is simple, they carry more risk and are less efficient. In game, while using 50% supercharge you have between your half bar and full bar to choose when to use it for optimum damage while STILL gaining supercharge, however, when using a 100% supercharge you lose potential supercharge damage while waiting for the chance to use it. Also if your 50% supercharge - that you had been comfortable waiting to use - goes to waste, it hurts a lot LESS than missing your 100% supercharge that you desesperatedly have to use in order to keep the supercharge flowing.

Second is the differences in damage, Mental's Bolt Barrage has always had an issue regarding it's projectiles, it's trully difficult to get them all to hit and even then, you get a damage lower than other supercharges...then theres Gadgets' Bunker Buster which takes a considerable ammount of time to execute and lastly we have Quantum's Oblivion, a quick, massive damage that also gives immunity (+Twisted Laugh sound FX while your Bunker Buster is hitting the corpses of the already anihilated adds).

Group Shield Supercharges:

Quantum's Event Horizon (50%sc): 2.30Dom+1.730Resto+13
    Mental's Bastion (50%sc): 2.50Dom+1.857Resto-168
    Gadgets' Battle Drone (50%sc): 2.48Dom+1.850Resto+26

Ok so all of these supercharges also have a group power heal, which I found difficult to measure but I am assuming it is the same given the same ammount of vitalization. Because, that's how it should be, in my opinion.

Note that for every given ammount of Dominance and Restoration Event Horizon shield falls behind both Bastion and Battle Drone, this could make some sense if it had a higher group power output? Like I said, I believe all controller group-shields+power supercharges should have the same effects but it would still be ok if there are some small variations, which I hope is the case here, while at the same time I do no think that its the case (please confirm!)

Then theres Battle Drone, more like Vengeance Drone. Seems like all those frustrated Gadget trolls who were discriminated for not having a group shield through all these years have blackmailed the developer team! Battle Drone shields and power heals NOT ONLY group members BUT allies, everyone and their pets get a shield, and power. This shield is strong as Bastion's. Seems slightly un-balanced, in my opinion.
    • Like x 2
  2. FlreMint Active Player

Oh I forgot to add Atomic Supercharges...

Atomic Blast (50%sc): 80k

Radiation Burn (100%sc): 151k