Supercharge Testing Analysis/Suggestions

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by AV, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Great Architect Loyal Player

Thank you. I'm not afraid of change, but I do need to know where I will stand, post-update.
  2. AV Loyal Player

There are no adjusted costs. In my personal recommendations I suggested making Devastating Flip/Speed Drain/Vacuum Bubble 5Ks to justify making them universal tooldox DPS options to better balance the powers while still leaving sufficient 2500 options for the EoG meta... but other than that, no SC cost changes have been suggested.
  3. Great Architect Loyal Player

However, I do think you are missing the point.
    • Like x 1
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

I'd not be unhappy with making all Movement Mode non-innate additionals at least 2500 SC. That might give us the option of not being Speed just for Dervish. No other MM has that insane damage with no real cost.
  5. Great Architect Loyal Player

With a Critical head mod, Dervish is the most power/DPS efficient move in the game, after Curse from Celestial.
    • Like x 1
  6. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Ohhhhh.

Is that why I see almost every DPS player as Super Speed movement? Aww, man...talk about having to be forced to be something you probably didn't wanna be in the first place.

Would be nice if every player wouldn't have to sacrifice the movement they want to be just for damage.
    • Like x 1
  7. AV Loyal Player

Not really. SS is predominately for the combat mobility, which can also be achieved well on Acro. Flight gets screwed over completely in that department though so it really can't compete with either, unfortunately.

Calling Dervish the best attack in the game is kinda like pointing out that Rage Melee the hardest hitting thing in the game... it comes with a lot of fine print:

- Melee range only
    - Roots user in place
    - Requires constant repositioning
    - Extremely vulnerable to interrupt via every possible means (including auto-cancellation if target is knocked up even slightly by anything at any time).

It's nice on sparring targets and vs large groups of stationary adds in reg but in actual practice there are only a few powers where their Dervish AoE builds will reasonably outperform their ranged AoE options in actual content due to the constant real-world losses incurred by the above limitations or other factors (like already being range-limited for other reasons). Basically, a melee Dervish rotation needs to outperform a ranged option by at least ~15-20% (in pristine conditions vs Sparring Target) to have a reasonable chance of beating the ranged AoE option in content. "Always be at point blank range using a power you can't move with and which gets interrupted constantly" has a pretty big uphill battle vs "always hit everything all the time at all ranges and never be interrupted or killed."
    • Like x 1
  8. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Ohhhh, I see.

What do you think would make flight more viable?
  9. AV Loyal Player

Something like these changes at minimum. Fixing Swoop Attack to work like it does in LPVE and balancing it so it was bread & butter tier would do the heavy lifting. As in the video there, the ability to do a skill-Swoop over a huge distance every 3s is close enough to SS and Acro's in-combat mobility capabilities that it'd do most of the heavy lifting. Would be a really nice modification, as LPVE Swoop Attack is one of the coolest and most useful attacks in the game and it would let Flight compete while still being very unique.
    • Like x 3
  10. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Oooooooh!! OK!!

Just watched the video!!

That would be freaking awesome!!
    • Like x 1
  11. Great Architect Loyal Player

Agreed. Swoop Attack in PvE seems to be extremely unpredictable. Whether it's the narrow cone, the angle of attack, or the speed you dive at is unclear - if I hear that "shriek" when I dive, then I know it's active - but I'm questioning the window between that shriek and the application of the effect if there are no targets in range at the time? Combine that with Dustoff's current Eight Miles High effect, and we have two useless effects that actively work against each other.
  12. AV Loyal Player

You might be thinking about Dive bomb there vice Swoop Attack.
  13. Great Architect Loyal Player

Possibly. And THAT should tell you volumes about how much Flight players give a **** about the powers. They can't even be bothered to remember the names.

Vacuum Bubble and Dustoff? As you rightly pointed out, I have to have 4 SP in Flight to get there. And I will go "Supersonic", "Dive", 2 in the control resistances and THEN go for Vacuum or Dustoff? Low Pressure and Dustoff used to have use when Fire tanks had no Pulls, and no Shield. Back in the days when you'd also pack a couple of Themysciran Iconics as a Fire Tank.

The Flight powerset has not changed since they used to be useful. And then only really for one power set. And now they are not.