Supercharge Generators

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Pale Rage, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Any chance, Devs, of getting the supercharge generators a little more balanced between powers?

Water, for example, has an extremely weak SC generator. A very small dot. Whilst Celestial has a pretty strong generator, that can hit for a decent amount of damage.

There's quite a few powers, that the SC generator has no place in the loadout/rotation because it is overly weak. I'm hoping that we can bring all SC generators, that are overly weak, to at least a 'useable' level.
    • Like x 3
  2. L T Devoted Player

The strongest in terms of total damage is actually Nature (by far). Nature doesn't become OP because of this since you're mostly refreshing dots rather than recasting them. Of the non-exceptional cases, Celestial and Munitions are about tied and both are almost usable.

The worst ones are Electric's static push (which is only mid range) and Hard Light.

All the ones in the middle are probably a wash when you consider animation time, except for Earth's which is melee only but clips, and Atomic's which is short/mid range and doesn't clip.

In general if you want more/faster supercharge your best bet is to ask your healer and/or tank to run with EoG
    • Like x 3
  3. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I wish they’d make atomics a short cut to the aura and a small 3 tick dot at max range
  4. BumblingB I got better.

I wish they balanced the generators as well. I'm glad that gadgets got its generator switched to an attacking power, but I'm sad that it essentially nerfed the damage on move.

I really want them to do balance passes on powers. Like, there needs to be one.
    • Like x 3
  5. L T Devoted Player

I forgot Impaling Ice, which is typical damage for a supercharge builder. It's limited to mid-range but at least doesn't split. Even though it doesn't split, it's still generally a DPS loss unless you can hit 4+ targets.
    • Like x 1
  6. beardrive Committed Player

I have a great time with quantums oblivion, which pulls out between 2.1 and 2.5 million in about 3 seconds. And it splits I believe up to seven times?
  7. Dene Devoted Player

I understand that there needs to be a bit of loss vs reward involved but the loss seems overkill in most SC generators
    • Like x 3
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I don't know. I believe Mental's SC which turns things into ghosts (some of the time) actually does no damage at all. While yes, it is a nice crowd control to have them ghosted, I wouldn't be using the power as DPS if it didn't build super.
    • Like x 1
  9. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Yes I prey to the DC gods that they look at these and if possible leg mods but definitely Supercharge Generators soon.
    • Like x 2