Supercharge Generators

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by SalviMex, Feb 17, 2019.

1. SalviMex Active Player

Hi everyone that is reading this
    I personally believe that there should be 3 SCGs in each power.I say this because it sorta forces you to use a PI you dont like.For example (1)Quantum has a SCG on the destablizer PI side but not on Graviton-charged (2)Electricity has a SCG on the polarized PI side but not on the electrified side
    Now with those 2 examples you kinda grasp what im saying by the word "forces" its either you choose a PI loadout without the SCG or with SCG
    Now me explaining this reminds me of "advance mechanics" where everyone had the same loadout for there own power cause thats how AM worked(if that makes sense)

Now you may be asking why 3 different type of SCGs
    I will use electricity as a example
    (1)you can have a polarized PI SCG so you can get your SC fasters while using that loadout
    (2)you can have a electrified PI SCG (which i think should be arc lightning which it can then only have 2 SCG due to healers using arc lightning)
    (3)(if arc lightning wasnt the SCG) it can be some power like bio-capacitor or galvanize or maybe electrogenesis

2nd example will be on munitions power
    Munitions only has 1 PI which means it can atleast have 2 SCGS not just 1 SCG
    (1)the SCG on this power works for dps and troll
    (2)the SCG doesn't stun but it debuffs dmg output but as a troll you should want to run full stuns and ofc the SC and the power back
    (3)sharpnel gernade launcher can just stay the SCG for dps but they can maybe make chain gun a SCG for troll,make it dmg output debuff and make it stun like five-barrel minigun

If you agree on this idea please UP VOTE
    If you disagree on this idea please leave a comment and explain why this is a terrible idea
    Thank you guys for reading
    • Like x 4
  2. Revoemag Committed Player

I do agree the powers with 2pi's should have 2 scg , one for each pi

I personally have a hard time trying to have a scg on electricity because it's not the same pi as the most powerful powers which are on the other pi

So either 2 scg , one for each pi, or just simply make every power only have one pi (the easiest solution)
    • Like x 4
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

yeah no mentioning about rage and earth powers who have only a melee SCG...
  4. DaBeama Well-Known Player

They might make an artifact or tactical mod to do this instead of messing with powers.
    • Like x 1
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Umm, earths SGC is how they should all be, lol. It can be used to clip other powers, so not sure why anyone would want that changed. As for Rage, well I use another power to clip it so I never do the lunge animation. Both of these powers are fine.
    • Like x 1
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Honestly, an easier fix would be to add both PIs to all the SCG. Like you mentioned, this doesn't effect all powers. I've always wanted, at least since the revamp, for all SCG to act like earths and be used as a clip.
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Anything close to AM's is a BIG OLE NO from me.
    I for one do not like the SCG's at all.
    SCG's are what was left over from the garbage that was the AM mindset.

IMO,
    SCG's should be removed all together and should have never be added during the revamp.
    I was against them then & I am against them now.

If people want faster SC's.
    They should have to invest in an artifact, not have to carry a certain power in their load out.

All SCG's & SC's do is limit players choices of powers down to 3 different powers by making them carry two of the same powers in every load out and I'm not ok with that.

This is a case were KISS is not a good thing. People NEED and want individuality.
    • Like x 5
  8. L T Devoted Player

most power sets only have one PI though.

Also, supercharge generators (except for munitions and nature) do only about 3/5 the damage of a normal 200 cost ability
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

oops, spelling again. The 30 minute time limit stinks :p
  10. SalviMex Active Player

Yes it does limit people just like advance mechanics did which is why i want there to be a SCG for each PI and maybe a seprate one for support role
  11. SalviMex Active Player

Well aware but there could atleast be 2 SCGs one for dps and one for support role
    • Like x 1
  12. SalviMex Active Player

That would be lovely wouldn't it
  13. SalviMex Active Player

That does seem like DC to me i mean i wouldn't like that idea but would sure like to see how that would work
  14. SalviMex Active Player

Either 2 SCGs due to 2 different PIs or 1 SCG due to all loadout being 1 PI
    I really do like this idea it would be intresting to see what people would come up with in there loadouts at that point
  15. Schimaera Devoted Player

Not the most elegant way but certainly something interesting. I do wish more more artifact variety that utilizes the [Yellow Keyword]s of certain abilities. Not sure if all of the powers would then really use SC generators. For Elec I wouldn't replace anything in the ranged AoE loadout, neither would I use the Nature SC after setting up the initial poison spores. Would be an interesting thing to see though.
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

uhm nope they are not, for a range playstyle which u need in elite for example they arent as useful as the ones from other powersets, u say they all should be like earths where u can clip with it but have no actual supercharge regeneration ...yeah i guess u dont play elite content at all but u are here speaking in favour for balancing usability of SCG :rolleyes:

I am for removing the whole SCG issue all together, we dont need more Supercharge spam anyway with the way the game has evolved.

Sry no up vote from me...
    • Like x 1
  17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Chicken. Move up and have fun. Love the mindset. Stand back, single target, blah blah blah.

Cant wait until we have real mechanics in our elite raids. Until then, I guess your right. Everyone just stand back in the back with this guy.
    • Like x 2
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

so u calling everyone a chicken who doesnt dare to risk weakening the group by meleeing a boss in elite content since its to risky to do it because of revival limit? ok... i cant wait to see this game supporting all playstyles aswell but until then no up vote.
    • Like x 2
  19. MiniCake Level 30

They suck and allot of them def for my healers are moronic They should heal not do damage .IMO this is one more oversight by the devs .
    • Like x 2
  20. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I agree. However, as I understand it the PTB have said that there are no plans at this time to do any new work on powers so that would include the addition of new SC options.
    • Like x 1