Super Weapons

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TITAN ephemeral, Dec 12, 2016.

1. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

tired of people saying REAL supers wouldnt use weapons...beyond the "Thor is a Super with a famous hammer...' type statements the fact is this game has already accommodated you...you dont want to see a weapon...use HB..use "Bare Hands" style...tell me Supers dont blast rays out of their body...
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    I could Google Images forever...anyways...enough...just use HB...Super guys...
  2. Delta796th Loyal Player

Feel better now?
  3. jwdrinkwaterjr Active Player

Some supes use weapons. Deathstroke, Wolverine, Batman, Deadpool, Iron Man, Wonder Woman, the Punisher, and countless others do.

Some don't. Elsewhere in the forums a question was asked if you could ever imagine Professor X using a weapon. I couldn't. Same goes for Superman.

I have a hero toon who only uses tray powers except for low end content and mob farming.

I also have a munitions villain now, and using weapons with him just seems right.

I think it should be a choice left to the player and not something forced upon them. Unfortunately with the upcoming changes it's no longer going to be an option at all.

And just taking HB isn't an answer.
    • Like x 2
  4. Korvyne Committed Player

I think you're missing the point.
    I don't want to use weapon attacks 80/90% of the time, or at all for that matter. I hate weapon mastery and never liked using my weapon since clipping was taken out in exchange for wm.
    As above there should remain a choice like wm was brought in for the "I can't clip and he can please do something" crew.

Main point is everyone is different so give us an equated choice, and seeing as how exobytes gave us our powers, not delivered us weapons, why wouldn't we want to use them? (as I enjoy doing)
    • Like x 1
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Sorry. Weapons should have never been taken out. We didn't need WM or AM. Yes we are super hero's and villains, but it's also a game. A very broken game at the moment.

Did you know they removed times from a lot of old raids and stopped putting them in? Cause people suck at this game. AM and WM were made for those players. Good players will have no issue after the changes.
  6. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

Actually...I wasnt even stating get used to needing weapons...I was just stating a general fact...on test my mental has enough powers she rarely needs weap...I was just saying even in game where having a weap is a need...still get stat bonus just holding 1...there are ways around having to see or live with that default 2H hammer for example...
  7. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

never said take away choice...just admitting the obvious...you hold a weap for the stat...so you need 1...Im not the 1 who made the game that way
  8. Korvyne Committed Player

Aaah, apologies then. I misunderstood your point in the OP. I thought you were all for more weapon use over powers in game.
    Youre right about the HB thing.
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

[IMG]