SUPER SPEED WITHOUT ELECTRIFYING.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by R0BEARTH, Apr 30, 2015.

1. R0BEARTH Active Player

Super speed without electrifying would be a good alternative, cause this collide with all powers beside electricity. I know that many of U have no problem with that, but there is also big part of players which can't stand that. So I came up with 2 solutions.

1. They could add ON/OFF option for electrify effect (this would be better).

2. Create another movement mode just without that effect (should be avivable FOR FREE, cause it would be same movement as original, only without that effect).
    • Like x 11
  2. Obi-Wan Kenobi New Player

I want comet the super horse as a super speed variant.
  3. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

Super Speed is so pointless and unpractical... btw, it's not much faster than any other movement mode (as it should be instead), hence there is no point of simulating with the graphic effect the connection of the character with the Speed Force. It should be optional, as the OP wrote.

P.S.: You do realize that one of the worst sight-killing combination of colors is red characters over a blue background, right? For God sake, use white! Or yellow if you really have to write in a different color. :confused:
    • Like x 3
  4. Streven Dedicated Player

I love Super Speed. Its the funnest of the three movement modes to me, for reasons. Anyways, I too would like the option of turning the electricity off. Though, I have to admit I've had a glitched character once who didn't have the animations on and he looked silly while running so I don't know what the alternative would be like. But i do feel you need something to replace the electricity and not just leave the toon without any animation.

I could be wrong but I remember it just looking very wrong without the electricity and I do get very annoyed with the electricity at times. I guess, be careful what you wish for.
    • Like x 1
  5. R0BEARTH Active Player

"Super Speed is so pointless and unpractical... btw, it's not much faster than any other movement mode (as it should be instead), hence there is no point of simulating with the graphic effect the connection of the character with the Speed Force."

Yeah. It should be faster, but I don't see the reason for not to "simulating with the graphic effect". What one thing has to with another?

"I too would like the option of turning the electricity off." " I guess, be careful what you wish for."

I wrote ON/OFF option, not just OFF, so I think I don't have to be careful, if I could always switch back.
    • Like x 1
  6. ErnieB Loyal Player

Never gonna happen, they might take the effect off, but it will never be for free, right now you get nothing other than a new stance and disc with Skimming, yet it costs the same as Flying, while being the same thing.
  7. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

A basically good point, but.... no, not for free and not with a simple option. Instead, combine power and movement selection into the type of FX that is used to animate movement, e.g. have a speedster fire tank draw a flame behind him, electricity speedsters the FX as of now an nature users a trace of leaves. Or grass. Then sell a token on the market place to buy the special FX animation of other powers to use with your toon :D win-win....
    • Like x 6
  8. R0BEARTH Active Player

I suspect as much, that it will never be free; I just mean that it should. At least they could make it to buy for real money (TOKENS MY A$$!). If it comes to "combine power and movement selection into the type of FX that is used to animate movement", I LOVE THE IDEA!! :) Examples you mentioned are wonderful. In case of fire super speed, fire character would look like Ghøst Яider. :D
    • Like x 1
  9. R0BEARTH Active Player

From when basic movement types cost something? If it would, U wouldn't be able to create any character. :D
  10. Alpha Cell Well-Known Player

Yeah that electrical effect has bothered me for a long time (although I am Electricity). I wish the effect that occurred depended on your power. E.g. Instead of Electricity at your feet, you left a small blazing trail behind you if you're fire, or let small pebbles fly up as you run if you'r earth. Leave a frosty mist behind you if you're ice. Falling leaves if you're nature. Mystical footprints on the ground if you're sorcery (similar to the feet you can pick up in the Halls of Hades). A faint trail of blood if you're rage, A thin golden mist around your feet if you're celestial (similar to the purification visual effect). That kinda thing...
    • Like x 2
  11. ErnieB Loyal Player

I love how you try to be smarter than me, but ignore some simple facts, one being that unless you are legendary you only get 3 movements for a character, the other being that once you select that move, you can't change it without a respec token, even if it's for a movements mode that only adds minor chances, like flying to skimming, so once again based on what you said, getting the variant to super speed wouldn't be free as it's changing the current one, even in a minor way, it's still a change, so unless you where legendary, you would have to pay for it, is that clear enough or do I need to make you a drawing?.
  12. R0BEARTH Active Player

U've got it all wrong Ernie. I don't try to be smarter or anything. I'm preety aware that CHANGING movement type cost. U have written it in a way that missed your point. Do U see difference between "SELECTABLE AT START" & "PAYABLE AT CHANGE"?
  13. Ringz Dedicated Player

You can just go to your options and turn your effects low and your barely see any effects.
  14. R0BEARTH Active Player

It dosen't change fact, that's not the same. It's a big difference between "barely see effects" & "see no efects". At least for some players.
  15. TheBadBat Well-Known Player

I hope for you that it'll change.There may be also a reason that it will be on/off:
    I guess you like super speed and know character which use them:Cheetah
    If you noticed she has super speed too but hasn't got the electrics on her feet.
    Maybe this could be a reason that we will soon be able to have that too...
    • Like x 3
  16. xXChaosQuantumXx New Player

The way I see it is like Cheetah from Legends. Thats what you are syaing looks like. I like the idea though. I dont want electricity at my feet when I have powers like Munitions or fire
    • Like x 1
  17. xXChaosQuantumXx New Player

Us ps3 users cant do that. Dont know about ps4
  18. Veritech Loyal Player

Give us speedster segway movement mode!

Here is a concept clip of it combined with munitions
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  19. R0BEARTH Active Player

When I thought even more of that, simple & at the same time excellent idea born in my mind: effect can depend on which power U have chosen, while still they can add ON/OFF option. :D
  20. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I love Superspeed, it's lots of fun for me. The idle stance that makes me look like an idiot and the constant lightning effects kill it for me though.
    • Like x 1