Super speed isn't fast enough

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by iAquamanJLA, May 30, 2017.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I dunno about that, especially with Super Speed. It's already disorienting enough when you're in Super Speed fast travel mode and get caught up on the geography in the open world. I'd hate to what would happen if we could go faster and then got stuck on a light pole or traffic signal. LOL
    • Like x 2
  2. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

LOL That was my reaction as well... "So let me get this straight? You sat down and spent HOW long figuring out average length of a block, wind direction , acceleration rate and speed vectors to arrive at a running speed of 175 MPH? If actually playing the game is that boring for you.. maybe you should just find a different game."

Now personally almost all my alts use flight BUT I have a couple Acrobats and ONE Super Speed. Frankly at 175 MPH, if in fact that is how fast I am going, I still occasionally find myself running around and around and around a light post in Gotham or Metropolis.... I can just imagine how easy it would be to wind up doing stuff like that at 767 MPH (speed of sound).

Its an MMO your supposed to have fun and go beat stuff up.. You want Scientific accuracy? Go watch Bill Nye the Science guy on NetFlix or Neal deGrasse Tyson.

[IMG]
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

did you take into account, that while you are moving in superspeed, the faster you move, the slower the time around you flows by?
    that makes it look like you would move only that fast, however: if it would not be like this, you would loose controll over yourself.
    you may have not noticed the relative time dilation while you are speeding up, but at full speed, everything else is standing still!
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Just be grateful it's not in First Person view :p :urp:

If we can't go as fast as Flush, can they at least stop the damn level 5 mobs from being able to hit and slow us down? o_O
    • Like x 3
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well, there's always jumping over the areas where they like to hang out. ;)

Besides, it's not like it's a huge ordeal to turn around and lay waste to them. I mean, unless you're running into a cultist spawn, a bounty character or are running near areas like Ace Chemicals or Steelworks (Home Turf content), most NPCs in the open world melt pretty quick even at level/CR 30.
    • Like x 1
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

The point is, they shouldn't be able to hit us in the first place, we should be able to run past them and be gone before they even noticed we were there, and yet, not only are they able to see us but also hit us with 100% accuracy!!
  7. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

I'm going to make a thread about the differences of hair length on female toons of differing sizes and how inaccurate this is. I mean clearly a sprite sized female would be of a younger age thus fuller healthier hair compared to a matriarch sized female, much older.

This needs to be addressed and soon.
  8. DC Urban Committed Player

This game is not designed like Sonic the Hedgehog so I can understand why SP is Usain Bolt speed. Sonic>Flash anyways, especially super. It is crazy that super sonic could own any hero in the dc universe:eek:
  9. LUCKYSON New Player

Then I guess velocity 9 and taking someone’s speed force for your self is out of the question
  10. High Troller Loyal Player

If you want to run the fastest, switch to the smallest body build.
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Yeah, relativistic Lorentz effects wouldn't kick in significantly until you're traveling about .25 c, which is to say, until you're traveling about 335.5 million miles an hour.

If you're traveling, say, a mere 75 million miles an hour, a quarter of the speed of light, you wouldn't notice any difference without very finely sensitive measurements. And "at full speed, everything else is standing still" basically makes no sense. This is a cartoon/television version of physics. "Full speed" would be asymptomatically approaching the speed of light.

Think scale. The circumference of the Earth is about 24,901 miles. If you're traveling, say, 75 million miles an hour, you'd circumnavigate the entire Earth about 30 times per second. Rest assured that nothing would subjectively look like it's "standing still" as you pass it. You'd have pretty severe doppler effects, though. But we're talking frame of reference differences, not "the slower the time around you flows by," which is kinda gibberish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorentz_factor
  12. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

There's nothing wrong with that. It makes just as much sense as some fat little Joker goon being able to hit a flying character with a melee attack and knock him out of the air when he is way out of their reach and travelling at supersonic speed. Perfectly logi... ca... oh, wait... nevermind. :oops:
    • Like x 1
  13. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

Just use the warp menu.:p
  14. Eve YouTuber

I find speed fast enough for travels around open worlds. I simply hate it in PvP\Raids though.
  15. Schimaera Devoted Player

Wait let me get this straight. Except from tumbling master, superspeed itself is the best movement mode for any non-exploited encounter in any group content, has some of the best might based damage and the best clipping ability of all powers and movement modes; moving in a straight line from a to b in one of the open cities, only the up-and-down-acceleration of acrobatics is faster (and imo still unintended) and it feels somehow slow?

Heh.
  16. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Why did you all resurrect this thread, just why.
  17. Schimaera Devoted Player

Meh, you know how it is. Many ppl are at home, just randomly googling stuff and finding something that they take interest in. Then they post something and other people that who are in the same situation just see there's a new post in some thread and they respond to it.
    Easy as that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  18. Cozminot Level 30

I made a comment about this in “what we see in other games we would like seen implemented in this game.”
    I feel too all movement modes should get an update, hopefully with next gen systems on the horizon. I just don’t like how we move faster when we free fall in the sky.
  19. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Found the necromancer, it was you, you resurrected the thread with the sorcery of darkness
  20. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

You don’t say, never would of thought of that, thanks for answering my rhetorical question