Summoning Superman As An Orbital Strike

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Apr 9, 2019.

1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I've been in the Justice League for over eight years now, and I've been a diligent, loyal teammate. When Superman calls me into the Phantom Zone, I show up. Aquaman needs me in Atlantis? On it. Wonder Woman wants me to travel to Olympus to fight gods? All over it.

But where's the reciprocity? When do I get to ask for their help?

Introducing the new line of JLA Communicator Trinkets: When you need assistance from a fellow hero, just hit this button and a Hero will be summoned to your side! (Temporarily, of course. They do have lives of their own.)

Orbital Strike JLA: Superman (or Black Adam) smashes into the fray, jackhammering the ground. This does burst and dot damage and weakens enemies.

Supply Drop JLA: Zatanna (or Tala) sets up a magic circle that heals everyone within while increasing strength and power.

Sidekick JLA: Green Lantern/Sinestro comes to your aid, fighting alongside you for a short time, providing you with shielding and healing.

And it doesn't have to stop there. There are hundreds of allies out there, just waiting to be called. Set your JLA Communicator to 'Random' and you never know who you might get: Titans, JSA, The Society, Fearsome Five ... just Dial H for Hero! (wait, no, that's a different IP).

Order yours today! :D
    • Like x 21
  2. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I feel like there would be some kind of legal reason they couldn't do it.

Or: it would just be wierd to reduce the real superheroes to being your "pet". We're working for them, not the other way around
  4. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Tsk, tsk, Eh. What about Batman ? Hm.. Eh really... Have you forgotten about him.

I want an Orbital Strike JLA: Batman.
    • Like x 1
  5. MrMigraine Devoted Player

We're not working FOR them, we're working WITH them. Teamwork, baby! If we respond to their summons (especially considering how many times we've saved their collective bacon), they should respond to ours. ;)

I do agree it would be kind of weird - especially in instances where the character in question already exists (Superman Orbital in the Doomsday Raid, for instance), but there are ways around that.

Just looking to add a bit more immersion into the game, maybe a little fun too.
    • Like x 3
  6. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Maybe use the old skins (still seen in Legends) for the orbitals and such. Would differentiate and reinforce the parallel earth / robot duplicate / hologram / “whatever” argument.
    • Like x 1
  7. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

30 Superman coming to destroy an open world bounty lol
    • Like x 6
  8. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I like it! You get a raise! :D

I know it would mean a whole lot of design work, but wouldn't it be awesome if you could choose your alternate-Earth Superman?
    Superman Red/Blue
    Ultraman
    Black Costume (with mullet)
    Calvin Ellis, President Superman of Earth 23
    Tangent Superman

... the possibilities are endless...
    • Like x 1
  9. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

how about a Titanic Trenton orbital? that guy is Godlike! :D
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  10. Hurly-Burly Active Player

[IMG]
  11. IceRaven198 Well-Known Player

Omg lmfao only if he's the perfect tank that every mob wants to kill when summoned.

I'd make it so that everyone's damage including bosses/adds that damages him in say like six seconds gets reflected back by 30% on bosses/adds with no stacking with a second one of him and maybe 1% damage on the one who summoned him. :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Hraesvelg Always Right

Only if he is tuned like he was after that one particular update...where he was wiping groups of players, LOL.
    • Like x 1
  13. Reverse~Reverse Flash Active Player

Summoning the Flash to Obliterate Boss would make Speedsters toons explode
    • Like x 1
  14. Raven Roth Committed Player

I support this 100%, I wanna be able to call Zatanna or Circe to my side

I mean, we can already summon Mxyzptlk so why not
    • Like x 1
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

[IMG]
    Fully support this idea!
    • Like x 3
  16. FoolsFire Devoted Player

The open world Trickster uses little toy JLA members. We could just get those and use them as an orbital.
  17. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Maybe something with bat-tech, a trinket shines a bat search light then a bat plane comes in with artillery.
    • Like x 1
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

we need to retcon this to best idea 2018.
  19. Controller Devoted Player

This is perhaps the BEST idea I've seen on these forums since I've been here - which has been about 5 years.

[IMG]

Personally I'd summon John Stewart.

[IMG]

Can you imagine all 8 players in a raid group summoning 8 Justice Leaguers??

It would probably look something like this:

Now, some summons would HAVE to be slightly more powerful than others. Superman would need to be the PRIME summon unless they made an Icon summons...

But sure - Martian Manhunter, Wonderwoman, Green Lanterns, Flash...that would be an awesome sight to see 8 Leaguers fighting by your side in a tough raid.
    • Like x 1
  20. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Heck, why not 30 Doomsdays, pounding on yet another Doomsday? :D