Summer Seasonal Outside Issues

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Jelly Bean, Jun 28, 2017.

1. VariableFire Loyal Player

I favor HB and pulse beam myself for all seasonals. Whatever your preference though, attacks that fire fast are the key.

People over-estimate how much damage you need to hit the mutineers for. 2-3 taps should be enough to get credit for a mutineer.
  2. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

I solo it myself. It's annoying with all the constant interruptions is what I'm saying. It's not difficult, it's not made for elitists, it's just plain annoying for anyone of any skill level even when you start from one end.
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

If you, as a (possibly?) high CR player can't do the Summer Ship Cruise mission, then that says a hael of a lot about you

As was mentioned in the other whiner thread about the impossibility of doing the Outdoor Mission: don't jump in the middle of the boat and start blasting away, for one thing, you are going to have at least two sets of Generator guards jumping all over you, not to mention at least one or two turrets zapping your arze, start at either end, if you start at the bow you will have to clear out the bow cannon before going for the turret, clear out the guards, smash the turret, clear out the respawns, smash the turret again and then deal with the Generator, if a lvl 14 Electric with a staff can solo it, there's no damn reason why a higher level DiPS can't!!!
    • Like x 1
  4. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I've been soloing the outside event on seven characters everyday. I have no idea how you are having a problem with this.

Kill the adds, use shields/distract/bubble your enemies, win.
    • Like x 1
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Outdoor seasonals are the only damn time my troll armouries see any use anymore xD This seasonal is a breeze as a troll because the adds have no breakout profile that I can see, you stun them and they might as well be dead.
  6. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Yup, however I can see how players that either don't know about or don't use those kinds of abilities/consumables, etc would have trouble completing the mission given the spawn rate of the enemies, stuns, random bombs etc interrupting the player while trying to do the generator part of the mission.

Personally I wouldn't mind the changes I noted simply to make running it on my alts even faster. :D
  7. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

I'm not saying I can't do it. What I'm saying is due to lower player participation it has now become more solo some and the ads get in the way quite a bit. What I also stated is that the inside cogs got reduced to instant turns, so in return the outside should be the same to make it consistent.

If I couldn't do it, I'm sure I either would've had a different title/thread, or I wouldn't have posted my shame.
  8. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

I'm nature so the stuns are temporary and can't split damage. Now my troll, yea that's a different set of rules. And it's not a problem, just a big annoyance.
  9. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

On my nature alt, I just tap range, throw down those thorn thingys and call it a day. Oh and I think I've had good luck with roar.
  10. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Same. I'll take my 5 marks a day from the Instance and that is enough. I just feel annoyed when I go to the ships and try to finish the Mutineer mission. Takes way to long for those guys to spawn.
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

First there were complaints about having too many players, now there are complaints that there aren't enough? o_O

Yeah, it's tedious, and boring and the reward may not seem to be worth it, but not everything should be completed in five minutes while half asleep!
    • Like x 1
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This is the primary problem. It makes no sense that most content in the past couple of years was either created or adjusted to make sure credit was properly shared when multiple players are attacking adds.

But in the Summer outside daily, you don't get credit unless, apparently, you do something like 75% or more of the damage to an add. As a result, one spends endless amounts of time futilely killing mutineers on ships and getting no credit, while having to do the turret ships typically alone.

This has been the problem for YEARS.

As a result, the outside Summer daily became, years ago, highly tedious and frustrating. And yet nothing changes, year after year, when it should be one of the simplest things in the world to adjust the mutineers so player credit is shared when the adds receive any damage at all.

The devs don't play enough to notice this stuff. We players have to make a loud enough noise for the devs to ever notice any issues, no matter how obvious and huge and long-standing they are from the POV of players.
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

No, the problem is people jumping in and 'helping' when no help was needed or requested, just so the 'helper' can get the credit for doing only half the work (or less)
    How many times, have you spent ten minutes or so clearing the decks so you can deal with the Generators, only for someone else to swoop in and do it before you?
  14. VariableFire Loyal Player

Unless 75%+ = 3 hits, I think you're misreading what's happening. Seriously, 3 range taps per mutineer is all I've needed for credit. However, there are times when it looks like I need to do more damage. That's usually on a ship that has too many players on it. If there are a lot of players and a lot of NPC allies shooting, the target you're shooting may already be dead and you just don't know it.
  15. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Had the same issue since day 1..... Try getting as far away from the ship that Aguaman is on as possible.... Oh yeah and head away from the Abandoned shipyards. Usually less players there so you can actually get off a few shots before all the Boarders disappear. the other option is team ups.. If 4,5,6,7, or 8 of you are all attacking Boarders some one is bound to actually manage to defeat some. :cool:

Now as for the generators.. I find that to be the easy part. Just find a couple ships with a few players working on them and join in.. No need to team just help destroy turrents, defeat Mutineers and you don't even need to be the one that clicks on the generator to get credit. No need to team up to get credit for that part.
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I am curious do you actually even PLAY this game? because no one spends 10 or even 5 minutes "clearing the deck" Mainly because the Mutineers just keep respawning. You start .. where ever .. but usually at one end or the other and tackle each generator. Best bet is one person deals with the generator itself while "support" keeps the spawns away till it is dealt with and then you move on to the NEXT generator... and then next and then next... Until all 4 are gone and you move on to a new ship or wait for the generators to respawn. Funny because I could be classified by YOU as a swooper. I will find a ship with a couple players struggling and join them to help defeat the mobs and destroy the generators.... Funny thing I've actually had a few send a tell thanking me for the help.. and not ONCE had anyone screaming "Hey you are making this too easy! Go away!"

THE PROBLEM with generators anyway is the same as just about anything else these days.. players that have no clue what they are doing. I've been on ships where players will destroy a turrent and then wander off without clicking on the objective and using it to disable the shield so the generator can be destroyed/taken off line/ or whatever is supposedly happening when we click on it.

Also does not help that like so many holiday events hero and villain objects are in direct conflict . So you arrive on a ship to attack boarders and then the villains destroy all the generators and until respawn NOTHING goes near that ship.
  17. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

i have solo the event since it's launch... no problem.. i have more problem in other seasonal cause i have trouble find the spawn spot..

i wish every event is located in a specific place like this.. it's wonderful.. i can just jump right into the event instead of flying around for 10 mins before finding one..
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

What you may consider 'helping some poor struggling loser', others may consider 'interfering in having solo fun', and, when that happens, will personally immediately abandon ship and go find another ship that doesn't have such 'helpful players', same thing with all the other Seasonals

Having heroes and villains being in conflict is what this game is supposed to be about, otherwise, why even have Heroes? o_O
  19. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

I like seasonal open worlds because they let other powers in your power set shine that you might not use in normal LO.

Basicly its all about speed and multihit powers.
  20. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

And I will repeat the question DO YOU ACTUALLY PLAY THIS GAME? Because trying to solo an ship filled with generators and Mutineers is totally stupid. You constantly get attacked and gee it's really hard to carry that object that appears after you destroy a turrent and try to shoot the mutineer attack you. Which normally results in total frustration .. You need as a minimum 2 players to be effective. ONE to carry /throw the object and one to clear mutineers so you can actually click the generator and break the shield. Now guess what ? While some people actually form "TEAMS" to accomplish that most of us just show up on board a ship and help each other out.. hell I have even stuck around after I had my 10 generators to help other players till all 4 on that ship were taken care of.

And by the way.. as usual I just love how you add in you own opinions as to my or anyone else's comment. Now go back and actually READ what i wrote... Where exactly do I say I am helping some "loser"? What I said was I look for players struggling and assist.. Just because a player is struggling does not mean they are a loser.. that all came out of your head. NOT MINE

and on to your final comment..... All I said was it does not help that the villains take out the generators on the ships being boarded and that makes it even harder to get 15 boarders. I don't recall whining or moaning about it... it has been that way for years. Its just one added thing that makes it harder at times to defeat 15 of them ....I mean GEE if the ship is totally empty and no boarders are even attacking it .. would be REALLY hard to defeat any on that ship WOULDN'T IT? .. Which was one of the things several people mentioned here.. SO many players on the ships all attacking those boarders it can get hard to get credit for defeating any.

Oh yeah and we have HEROES because DUH its a Super Hero Game. Or does the fact that the villain side has always had way less population than the hero side not register with you. There are a lot more players that want to be like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and so on than there are players looking to be like Penguin or the Joker or Lex Luthor. JUST because You like playing a villain doesn't mean that heroes were an add on.